Login

russian armor

Stuka CAS

31 May 2020, 21:24 PM

They are the last truley remaining OP ability that axis has to the point even reversing out of the area as soon as it is called in does not work, they chase you way out of the abilies sector too.

As it stands it is an "I win the tank engagement" button and nothing less.

Build AA: I did, "Reverse out of the area as soon as you see it": I did. and all for 200 muni?

Tell me, what I could have done in this video below to avoid the airstrike, please because its not even funny anymore:

31 May 2020, 21:33 PM

Not stopping until 2nd plane strafed would be one thing.
31 May 2020, 21:42 PM

All loiters/overwatch abilities are troublesome imo. If planes are gonna auto-target they should be units that we have to control and pay for. That's more of a coh3 suggestion, but still loiters in this game could use a toning down
31 May 2020, 21:54 PM

Possible solutions? (arent they?)

And Im talkin about loiters in general, rather than just this, even though it sure is the biggest offender

1) Make it attack ground based instead of attack target based, so it cant chase

2) Targets hit by it should not become visible in FOW

3) Slow projectile speed
31 May 2020, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 21:33 PMKatitof
Not stopping until 2nd plane strafed would be one thing.

did you miss the UI where I was way out of range, did you also miss the part in the video where it had no vision on me. If the game is going to lable something as a range, then it should comply, its already BS with MG's we dont need it for Loiters too.

All loiters/overwatch abilities are troublesome imo. If planes are gonna auto-target they should be units that we have to control and pay for. That's more of a coh3 suggestion, but still loiters in this game could use a toning down

Agree but what was there for the ability to see my cromwell after the first strafe? I viewed it through his FOW and there was nothing that revealed the cromwell.
31 May 2020, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 21:55 PMLatch

did you miss the UI where I was way out of range, did you also miss the part in the video where it had no vision on me. If the game is going to lable something as a range, then it should comply, its already BS with MG's we dont need it for Loiters too.

Did you miss the part where it doesn't matter where you are on the map after you were acquired as target for loitering plane? It will deliver strike, then return to loitering.

First pass of ANY loitering plane is pretty much guaranteed to unload at something.
31 May 2020, 22:26 PM

I think a good start would be for looters to circle BEFORE the first strafe. That gives AA A chance to do its job and makes looters powerful but require making sure counters are not around first. It's not perfect but it's a start
31 May 2020, 22:32 PM

I think a good start would be for looters to circle BEFORE the first strafe. That gives AA A chance to do its job and makes looters powerful but require making sure counters are not around first. It's not perfect but it's a start

It would also make the ability an utter waste of muni.
Its current implementation might not be perfect, but we really do not need even more forgiving reckless play and blobbing(4 of the loiter abilities for 4 factions are AI or partly AI as well).
31 May 2020, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 21:58 PMKatitof

Did you miss the part where it doesn't matter where you are on the map after you were acquired as target for loitering plane? It will deliver strike, then return to loitering.

First pass of ANY loitering plane is pretty much guaranteed to unload at something.

Show me where it says/states that for me to "miss it".

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 22:32 PMKatitof

Its current implementation might not be perfect, but we really do not need even more forgiving reckless play and blobbing(4 of the loiter abilities for 4 factions are AI or partly AI as well).

Ever used hold the line? I'll leave that thought with you.
31 May 2020, 22:49 PM

i find being confined to my base by il2 loiters more annoying than a 200mun ability that (as shown in your video) youre able to just drive away from to be honest
31 May 2020, 22:52 PM

Then you can just nerf the AT loiter part? The 2 OKW loiter abilities didn't even have AT originally
31 May 2020, 23:08 PM

Could be half a spin, could be more could be less. I think it gives the most flexibility
31 May 2020, 23:15 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Don't wanna sounds like to much of l2p, but you go down to 10% HP trading with a panther with a cromwell, first plane straight up misses everything, and you think this is OP? Like I can understand if maybe you're driving away at 75% HP and both planes miraculously hit and destroy your tank, but 10% hp is pushing a bit much. The dumbest part is that the plane comes from the edge of the map where you cannot see it coming, but that isn't specific to stuka cas.

As katitof said, once you're acquired by the loiter, it's coming after you whether you be in heaven or hell. Just gotta keep moving and if the focus is there, line yourself up perpedicularly to the the incoming strafe and keep going full speed.
31 May 2020, 23:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 21:24 PMLatch
They are the last truley remaining OP ability that axis has to the point even reversing out of the area as soon as it is called in does not work, they chase you way out of the abilies sector too.

As it stands it is an "I win the tank engagement" button and nothing less.

Build AA: I did, "Reverse out of the area as soon as you see it": I did. and all for 200 muni?

Technically, the CAS did not affect the tank engagement. You had already lost the engagement. The planes just blew up your very badly damaged tank after it retreated a short distance, which doesn't seem unreasonable for 200 munis even if the targeting effects are somewhat misleading.
31 May 2020, 23:25 PM

Yeah you literally had a pixel of HP, I'd be annoyed if my 200MP ability didn't finish the job at that point.
31 May 2020, 23:40 PM

Don't wanna sounds like to much of l2p, but you go down to 10% HP trading with a panther with a cromwell, first plane straight up misses everything, and you think this is OP? Like I can understand if maybe you're driving away at 75% HP and both planes miraculously hit and destroy your tank, but 10% hp is pushing a bit much. The dubest part is that the plane comes from the edge of the map where you cannot see it coming, but that isn't specific to stuka cas.

As katitof said, once you're acquired by the loiter, it's coming after you whether you be in heaven or hell. Just gotta keep moving and if the focus is there, line yourself up perpedicularly to the the incoming strafe and keep going full speed.

Half health or 10 HP it was a dead cromwell with that strafe, take all this that x y x out of the equazion "well you shouldnt have that low health a tank" its a battle, it happens, to counter area strafe you should have to just get out of the area, not out of the area and then some, and then some more.

The cromwell shouldnt have died, period, from everything the game shows me it was safe and it, and any other things like it need fixing.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2020, 23:23 PMgrammar

Technically, the CAS did not affect the tank engagement. You had already lost the engagement. The planes just blew up your very badly damaged tank after it retreated a short distance, which doesn't seem unreasonable for 200 munis even if the targeting effects are somewhat misleading.

I think it did, it killed the tank, lost me MP and fuel that i could have repaired and it is unreasonable for it to be unavoidable, fuck me, a plane shoots me in the FOW with no sight when I am way out of the aoe and people are still saying its fine.:loco:

Note not one person has mentioned that the bofors did fuck all to the planes either.

Yeah you literally had a pixel of HP, I'd be annoyed if my 200MP ability didn't finish the job at that point.

Cluster bombs should be homing then and any unit that is in the aoe be chased down by a single bomb even when they are retreating far out of the area, no?
1 Jun 2020, 00:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Change Stuka CAS for any loiter plane and you have brought a valid concern.

A pointless concern nevertheless because Loiter planes are not nor can be changed.
1 Jun 2020, 00:07 AM

The strafes shouldn't follow you to base but that's not something that is going to be changed 7 years into the game's life cycle. You know they do that so plan accordingly. Your tank should have died to the first strafe which was inside the circle anyway.
1 Jun 2020, 00:26 AM

Your tank should have died to the first strafe which was inside the circle anyway.

If it hit, of course but I reacted in time to get away from it, just like every other ability allows you to, even more expensive ones.

I don't know the coding but I dont think its far of a stretch to say they can fix it, they already changed a load of abilities, the best solution to this would be similar to the Sov AT bombing run, pick a direction and the planes strafe that area, they all should be and remove loiters but that, is probably asking too much.
1 Jun 2020, 00:30 AM

is all your complaining about coding etc. because you just lost one cromwell to an ability? did you rush here once the game ended to cry about how unfair life is? :D
you were told by 3 people that this is how the ability is intended to work, still youre not satisfied.

there are things in the game that are actually broken which dont get fixed, welcome to coh
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★