Login

russian armor

Main gun crit

14 May 2020, 11:54 AM

Am I correct in assuming that this crit causes less damage to be done to the tanks? The ammount of time ive taken what seems to be the last shot on a tank only for it to get main gun crit and not die. Confirmation bias or true?
14 May 2020, 11:56 AM

In an instance a unit gets a shot at low enough health, there is a roll for crit, if the crit rolls positively, then crit happens and damage goes there.

At least that's how I understand it from how and when it happens.
14 May 2020, 12:19 PM

Well thats frustrating, I hope that the mod AE is using will prove decent and then be implimented on the main game.
14 May 2020, 12:20 PM

DOn't count on it.
If you don't like RNG, there is plenty of generic RTS games out there.
14 May 2020, 12:29 PM

Randomness is part of life. It's better to be born without a penis, than without luck...cause with luck, your penis will sprout out and grow. I've had plenty of games where a 1 hp panther bounced 2 Jackson shots in a row and got out of danger. It's just life, deal with it.
14 May 2020, 14:31 PM

I thought only the Kubelwagen has this feature, where a death-shot can sometimes turn into maingun crit with 1% health instead if you are lucky
14 May 2020, 15:16 PM

There is RNG and then there is BS mechanics, If this game didnt have RNG it would be stale as old chips but some mechanics have outlived their welcome.

Death by dead planes, tanks shooting after being destroyed, abandon, main gun crit, they dont add any skill to the game as they are all out of the hands of the player, its not like infantry where you can dictate to what extent RNG punishes you by using cover and range etc, with tanks you can only fire at another tank and if you get any of the crits, its not down to anything other than RNG and thats just bad design.
14 May 2020, 15:44 PM

Main gun critical can be applied on top of regular damage whenever a vehicle takes damage that brings it to 25% health or less. It doesn't deal less damage or cancel damage. For example medium tank that gets a main gun critical at 25% health will still die to a fourth shot.
14 May 2020, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2020, 11:54 AMLatch
Am I correct in assuming that this crit causes less damage to be done to the tanks? The ammount of time ive taken what seems to be the last shot on a tank only for it to get main gun crit and not die. Confirmation bias or true?

That used to happen, it doesn't anymore
14 May 2020, 18:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Main gun critical can be applied on top of regular damage whenever a vehicle takes damage that brings it to 25% health or less. It doesn't deal less damage or cancel damage. For example medium tank that gets a main gun critical at 25% health will still die to a fourth shot.

This is the way.

On the other hand, what this means for light vehicles is that any source of damage under the threshold is likely to proc a crit. For ex: small arm fire.
14 May 2020, 19:05 PM

So if i understand what sander93 says right, the crit is added on top of the damage. The tank surviving is not due the critical but because it had just barely enough HP to survive?
14 May 2020, 19:53 PM

I think i am more confused about the lucky tank surviving the "last shot" than i was before reading this lol
14 May 2020, 20:07 PM

It probably got repaired for half a second and got shot again
14 May 2020, 20:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1HP matters
14 May 2020, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2020, 20:07 PMKoRneY
It probably got repaired for half a second and got shot again

I think this is what happens.

Engage a tank with AT guns, it takes a shot or two, it drives back into FOW, gets repaired slightly and decides that it cant resist those squish infantry that are capping a point, drives in, my tank attacks, 2 shots = dead, 2 shots and WTF main gun crit and its alive?

Makes sense now.
15 May 2020, 07:13 AM

Maybe it is possible to have a crit when the shell doesn't penetrate?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS