Login

russian armor

Medic heal on Grens

10 May 2020, 13:08 PM

Let's just for second compare tommies medkits and grens medkits.

UKF heals are:
- one click, and thats it.
- 30 muni for upgrade, ussage is unlimited by anything
- aura heal on the move.

Grens heal is:
- Point-and-click, then wait for ~5 sec, and then healing starts
- Only one squad gets healed, no AoE effects
- 15 muni per use.
- Rather long cooldown.
If I am correct, they are simular in ammount and speed of healing, feel free to prove me wrong.

While tommies medkits are forcing player to blob up on their way from base, creating those unholy double bren blobs, Werh medkits are more surgical and precise.

My proposition for changes would be - either remove/reduce the cooldown, or reduce the price just a bit - 10 munis for full heal is enough IMO. No AoE heals, no new abilities, grens with combined arms are fine.

Disagree, UKF doesn’t have a 250 and doesn’t have a base bunker to heal. An assembly is more expensive and awkward with the base setup and more fragile since you can’t put a base structure in front of it like Ostheer can. Their infantry play is also static without stock Pgrens so they get better field healing to compensate.

My original suggestion to buff Ostheer was to make all medkits free once T2 or T3 or T4 was up, so that you could then use them to improve your overall field presence.
10 May 2020, 13:14 PM

What about knocking 5mu off per battle phase? Then late game they are as accessible as can be and help make up for all the shit that happens late game? Can always be adjusted from there if it turns out too much.
10 May 2020, 13:16 PM

Disagree, UKF doesn’t have a 251 and doesn’t have a base bunker to heal.

Well, they do have medics now. Almost the same price as medbunker, AND you can move them to the frontline for extra AOE-heals. Medbunker just sits there and heals you for 60 munition throughout the match.

Their infantry play is also static without stock Pgrens so they get better field healing to compensate.

Over last 2-3 patches they got some non-doc tools to by-pass that - WASP armor buff, THAT BLOODY MOVE ACCURACY INCREASE, and Capitan Price himself. And some doctrinal stuff too - asssections.

My original suggestion to buff Ostheer was to make all medkits free once T2 or T3 or T4 was up, so that you could then use them to improve your overall field presence.

My guess would be some sort of interchangeble abilities, like - build t3 and get free medkits and some other stuff(put emphasis on more static, defensive-oriented army), build t4 and get small discounts when reinforcing(emphasis on more late-game, big combined-arms push). You can get only one, and you can choose one, when t3 or t4 is built.
10 May 2020, 13:19 PM

Well, they do have medics now. Almost the same price as medbunker, AND you can move them to the frontline for extra AOE-heals. Medbunker just sits there and heals you for 60 munition throughout the match.

Over last 2-3 patches they got some non-doc tools to by-pass that - WASP armor buff, THAT BLOODY MOVE ACCURACY INCREASE, and Capitan Price himself. And some doctrinal stuff too - asssections.

My guess would be some sort of interchangeble abilities, like - build t3 and get free medkits, build t4 and get small discounts when reinforcing. You can get only one, and you can choose one, when t3 or t4 is built.

Medics I’m not using, they’re awkward af and just do whatever they want. Plus the mp is better spent elsewhere.

Don’t make me laugh, I play Ost and UKF and none of what you said has anything on Pgrens in terms of power level, which is fine, but again Sections get better healing to compensate. It’s not an error, it’s a design.

Disagree on choosing bonuses, Ostheer isn’t built on choosing benefits.
10 May 2020, 13:40 PM

I'd like to see Medic kit free for pioneer,and Grenadines vet1 ability like PG get a passive ability,like have some buff when near team weapon
10 May 2020, 21:15 PM

Blob healing regardless of faction unless static should be removed drom the game. Okw and ukf unfairly benefit from this.

Agreed.
If OKW healing crates instead of aura heal, healed the squad that picks up the medkits. It could be an easy fix. As a tradeoff the squad could be healed as long as it is out of combat. Price might need adjustments.

As for UKF, IMO the solution is related to the new medic squad.

Its a bit offtopic but a worthy point to make.
11 May 2020, 06:24 AM

Agreed.
If OKW healing crates instead of aura heal, healed the squad that picks up the medkits. It could be an easy fix. As a tradeoff the squad could be healed as long as it is out of combat. Price might need adjustments.

As for UKF, IMO the solution is related to the new medic squad.

Its a bit offtopic but a worthy point to make.

The medic is akward for me. It needs some adjustments if the mobile blob hospital is removed or altered.

For okw med crates i fully agree.
11 May 2020, 07:19 AM

Agreed.

Isn't this literally how it worked before it was reworked to how it is now because of an unfixable bug?
MMX
11 May 2020, 09:55 AM

Isn't this literally how it worked before it was reworked to how it is now because of an unfixable bug?

yeah i also remember it worked like this before. funny thing is i always thought it was changed to aura-heal sort of as a buff and not because the crates used to be bugged.
i still like the old implementation better though, do you have any info on what kind of bug it caused by chance?

11 May 2020, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2020, 09:55 AMMMX
i still like the old implementation better though, do you have any info on what kind of bug it caused by chance?

You could select multiple squads at once and click on the med crates, and then every squad got the healing while only one crate was used up.
MMX
11 May 2020, 10:12 AM

You could select multiple squads at once and click on the med crates, and they'd take only one crate but every squad got healed up.

ah well, that's unfortunate... guess they won't make a comback in their previous form then. thanks for the explanation.
11 May 2020, 10:28 AM

You could select multiple squads at once and click on the med crates, and then every squad got the healing while only one crate was used up.

You can still do that if you bunch up every squad and press halt instantly after right-clicking. That way every squad heals themselves. If you're slightly too slow though, you'Il use up all your kits instantly.
11 May 2020, 16:28 PM

You can still do that if you bunch up every squad and press halt instantly after right-clicking. That way every squad heals themselves. If you're slightly too slow though, you'Il use up all your kits instantly.

So you are telling me, that one medic crate isnt supposed to heal a bunch of squads at the same time?

I always thought it was intentional. 45muni for 3 loads of healing seems overpriced for a faction that has to tech into its own medics.
11 May 2020, 17:16 PM

So you are telling me, that one medic crate isnt supposed to heal a bunch of squads at the same time?

I always thought it was intentional. 45muni for 3 loads of healing seems overpriced for a faction that has to tech into its own medics.

The squad you pick it up with heals the squads around him, which means you have to keep your squads together in a blob if you want them all to be fully healed. With said method each squad heals themselves.
11 May 2020, 20:02 PM

What about knocking 5mu off per battle phase? Then late game they are as accessible as can be and help make up for all the shit that happens late game? Can always be adjusted from there if it turns out too much.

Really like this idea, don't see any downsides. It would be nice if the BPs provided more things directly, rather than just being a stepping stone for tech

Like the pgren to BP1 change was one of the best Ost has ever gotten imo
11 May 2020, 20:24 PM

Really like this idea, don't see any downsides. It would be nice if the BPs provided more things directly, rather than just being a stepping stone for tech

Like the pgren to BP1 change was one of the best Ost has ever gotten imo

That's my biggest issue imo with ost. They have the most flexibility in teching for tweaks and ways to have teching feel strong and unique but it lays neglected (and probably will remain so at this stage in the games life)
12 May 2020, 10:19 AM

Med heal could work on fallen comrades for a manpower (model killed value) not munitions cost. If you see a dead model (be it yours or maybe even enemy's) you could add it back into a less than full model squad (even under fire maybe). That would be a) unique b) make more sense than another muni sink.
12 May 2020, 10:36 AM

Med heal could work on fallen comrades for a manpower (model killed value) not munitions cost. If you see a dead model (be it yours or maybe even enemy's) you could add it back into a less than full model squad (even under fire maybe). That would be a) unique b) make more sense than another muni sink.

I'm unsure if its more stupid or overpowered idea.
Ability is fine, deal with it.
12 May 2020, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2020, 10:36 AMKatitof

I'm unsure if its more stupid or overpowered idea.
Ability is fine, deal with it.

I don't think it would be overpowered. It could work only on models that are still crawling like interrogation. If it is too weak it could be used on opposite team models. If too strong, it could be only your own fallen models and only after combat. It could automatically (when used) heal all other models on the squad or still just heal other squads.
12 May 2020, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sorry for the slight off-topic, but I am quite curious here:

What was the new implementation fixing then?
If the bug was that you could heal multiple squads with just one medkit due to improper implementation, the "fix" was really just implementing the glitch properly and reproducible?

Well, it actually does not matter. The current form of the med crate is okay. It encourages blobbing, but apart from that it works fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★