Login

russian armor

UKF Medics

29 Apr 2020, 06:27 AM

They dont give a voice line when they have been built nor can I get them to auto heal very well unless I use the aura, is this intended or am I using them incorrectly?
29 Apr 2020, 07:25 AM

Their behaviour is just buggy AF

Constantly chasing the wrong squads, etc...
29 Apr 2020, 07:30 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yeah they were really buggy when the patch dropped and they weren't touched in the hotfix. Pretty sad. I wanted to use them but they're so buggy that I still just build the forward reinforcement in base for medics.
29 Apr 2020, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They should have an aura heal like the ambulance that fixes them in place. Don't know if/how this can be implemented.

Currently they are the same squad as unloaded ambulance medics of USF, which are pretty useless due to the bugs.
29 Apr 2020, 22:07 PM

Agree on the ambulance aura, sounds simple enough to create but I could be very wrong. I do still like to use them as they are only 180 MP which is cheaper than the forward emplacement and they dont cost muni which is an extra bren on your tommie squad and a grenade throw but its a fair bit of dicking about for the costs.

After you have built them, stick them in the UC and have a ghetto kuble until you unlock the flamer or MG :P
30 Apr 2020, 08:35 AM

They should have an aura heal like the ambulance that fixes them in place. Don't know if/how this can be implemented.

This. They can already be locked down so it should be fairly straightforward to merge the timed heal with the lockdown, make it toggled instead of timed and potentially adjust the range since the UKF base has awkward retreat points that spread out squads quite a bit.

Alternatively, to make them more unique the targeted heal would really need to be improved and somehow made less of a micro nightmare.
30 Apr 2020, 10:02 AM

when I read about them in patch notes I assumed they would be like the soviet base medics. In their current state an IS with medic pack is still superior.
30 Apr 2020, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 10:02 AMGrim
In their current state an IS with medic pack is still superior.

That's the point. The medic squad is supposed to be a bit lackluster but just sufficient enough to sort out the lack of healing with support or Assault IS / Commandos heavy builds. It's not supposed to replace the IS medic upgrade, as that would lead to new economy issues (i.e. leaving more munitions for early mines, abilities and weapon upgrades if IS didn't have to upgrade medics).

I personally find them quite easy to use, just keep them in your base and use the aura heal every time one or some squads have retreated. The only real micro required is that sometimes you have to walk retreated squads to the medics because the UKF base has so many retreat points.
30 Apr 2020, 12:25 PM

I like them in their current state but the AI could definitely use a touch up.

You can bring them to your Forward Assembly if you decide to make it a retreat point.
30 Apr 2020, 12:27 PM

You can bring them to your Forward Assembly if you decide to make it a retreat point.

FA got their own medic upgrade, doesn't it?
30 Apr 2020, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 12:27 PMKatitof

FA got their own medic upgrade, doesn't it?

It does but is mutually exclusive with FRT so you can not have both in the same FA.
30 Apr 2020, 14:15 PM

I like them in their current state but the AI could definitely use a touch up.

Yes AI buff, lets give them triple MG34s

This can be the fix to incendiary rounds complaints about IS spam and encourage different build orders

30 Apr 2020, 14:23 PM

Triple MG4s is not enough. They need triple M1919's for super long range sniping with ranger weapon control buff. Being good at saving lives means being good at taking lives too.

/s

Serious tho. While I like being able to move my medics up to my forward assembly. I hate having 580MP in one position ready to get shelled by indirect. OKW medic truck is similar in cost but at least they have medic upgrade with their retreat point.
30 Apr 2020, 16:56 PM

Medics should have triple genove convention human rights panflets. They force retreat to anyone that is not with the red cross. Tanks crews run away in fear when targeted by medics and leave the tank crewless for the taking.

Oh, we were talking about AI only.
/s

Is there a way to implement the new medics to be "garrisoned" into FA to provide the automaton medic upgrade? Maybe this way you can get both upgrades.

Also, please imporove their healing to any consistent form. if it demands micro, better
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight