Login

russian armor

Faust bug test map: Help wanted

• This thread is locked
27 Apr 2020, 18:57 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I created a map that should make it a bit easier to figure out what exactly triggers the bug where a fired panzerfaust completely misses the target and hits the ground.

Link to the Steam Workshop item: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2076277192

Usage:
- Slot #1: Ostheer
- Slot #2: CPU Easy, US. Forces
- Mod: No mod
- Starting Positions: Fixed
- Win conditions: Annihilation

The Youtube video linked on the workshop page and here should be a good starting point. Please post your findings and successes here!

Known issues

The test map may sometimes register a hit as "Dirt" even though the jeep received a critical hit and lost health. This is a known issue. At the moment of writing this it is not clear what is causing it. It is possible the faust misses a lot often than previously thought and applies its effects via AoE damage (area of effect). However this is just speculation and likely needs further attention.
27 Apr 2020, 20:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks a lot for making this!

There seems to be a spot in which the bug occurs very often (50% of the attempts):
Activate the ability when both units are in these positions. The faust animations started when the truck is at the bottom of the circle.

27 Apr 2020, 20:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fuck yeah. Now it's time for everyone to do their part and once and for all get rid of this little bugger.

27 Apr 2020, 21:01 PM

Two repros. Second video is same two slowed down in replay.

Will linking the replay help?

Slowed down version shows the faust is aimed and fired towards the ground and cannot correct enough to avoid impacting the ground. Maybe the game is really bad at accounting for angular velocity? A quick fix might be to really pump up the turn rate if that is something that can be edited.

As mentioned above, it can be triggered fairly consistently by making sure the faust is fired while the truck is passing the model's ~1 o'clock and the model is inside the turn. I surmise if the truck was going counterclockwise, it'd have to be the model's 11 o'clock instead.
28 Apr 2020, 03:59 AM

Okay, I am not quite sure these are true, but during my test, I did notice something:
1. When a Faust fired, it flies a straight line to a random point of the target.
2. That is being said; the Faust may target a random bottom part of the target model. Which means the faust may fly a straight line toward the ground.
3. Such is not a problem until you do a new command to the target before a projectile is formed. So the Faust may first hit the group since it might have registered the previous position of the target. Basically, instead of straightly chasing the target. The rocket goes in a pass that first hit the ground and then hit the target.

Or it can also explain as such way:
Faust firing-->projectile forming-->target stop and move-->Faust previously registered a go downward pass-->faust projectile launched(as a scatter projectile)-->faust travel forward and hit the position target previously located-->faust hit groud.
28 Apr 2020, 14:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Possible fix!

I changed the facing_angle in the ability from 50 to 10. This ensures that the grenadier always faces the target. Test result: 0 misses in 30 tests.

If anyone wants to test:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/98vkrjp3yerb303/panzerfaust_test.sga?dl=0
Save it in: C:\Users\NAME\Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning.
28 Apr 2020, 14:11 PM

Wow didnt know that gren actually fired the warhead of the faust. The panzerfaust part that remains in the gren's arms remains without the head. Nice one
28 Apr 2020, 17:56 PM

Have the modders tried turning on Collision_Land_Ignore in the settings? if the issue is ground penetration that should fix it (though a bit heavy handed, it would make the projectile agnostic to accidentally slamming into the ground. I don't know how high above the ground the "hover" is.
16 May 2020, 15:59 PM

bump need more people on this
19 Jun 2020, 18:54 PM

Hi guys,

Upon reporting panzerfaust bug on bug chanel, I was redirected on this thread. Please find the link where this (very frequent) bug takes place.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/105845/panzerfaust-bug-cont-d

Check around 8:15 where faust collides with building
19 Jun 2020, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2020, 18:54 PMZzoner
Hi guys,

Upon reporting panzerfaust bug on bug chanel, I was redirected on this thread. Please find the link where this (very frequent) bug takes place.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/105845/panzerfaust-bug-cont-d

Check around 8:15 where faust collides with building

haha.
ok so if thats what were talking about im 100% on your side xD
dat Grenadier drunk
havent seen that shit in years

for all who dont want to go threw the process of downloading and watching the replay

19 Jun 2020, 20:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2020, 19:43 PMBaba

haha.
ok so if thats what were talking about im 100% on your side xD
dat Grenadier drunk
havent seen that shit in years

for all who dont want to go threw the process of downloading and watching the replay

Lol that was the most ridiculous one I've ever seen.

Is it possibly a missclick and he fausted the building on purpose? He looks right at the building, not even aiming for the AEC.
19 Jun 2020, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2020, 20:04 PMTobis

Lol that was the most ridiculous one I've ever seen.

Is it possibly a missclick and he fausted the building on purpose? He looks right at the building, not even aiming for the AEC.

yeah, now that you say it, i think this might be the case

We must contact the guy and ask him, if he turns the camera when playing North side. i think the answer alone would explain it

19 Jun 2020, 20:09 PM

Yeah I know, I am pretty sure I fausted the AEC! Pretty sure these guys were drunk. Will look into replays where this happens in the open
19 Jun 2020, 20:10 PM

ah so its actually you.
do you turn your camera when playing north side?

in the video i posted you see whats happening with the default camera so if you did not turn it, this is what you saw in the game.
the AEC is covered to 3/4 by the building.
maybe in the heat of the moment you did misclick, happens

or maybe they were just so excited that they killed the commandos, they couldnt focus on hitting the armored car
19 Jun 2020, 20:41 PM

Yeah maybe I did... Sorry for bugging the forum for that, didn't know faust can connect with building... Thanks for the response!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★