Login

russian armor

Poll to Roll-Back the current patch (April 2020)

Roll-Back the current patch (April 2020)
Option Distribution Votes
32%
68%
Total votes: 66
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Apr 2020, 04:43 AM

Can we have a roll back or at least an option in the STEAM BETA section to remove this patch please? 1000s of us just play against the AI & now the UK, OH & US AI is fecked on many maps. I want to roll back before this patch & am going to cease updating this game. These patches are making it more unstable & seem to be serving one small group's play style & philosophies over what was once a fairly stable & playable game.

There seems to be no clear direction for the game beyond rebalancing rebalances & it is just being changed for change sake... things that were out-of-balance are changed & then months later another bunch of things have to be changed to rebalance.

This is patch now in the realm of moding.

There are pages of unresolved bugs that just get ignored, or whole features removed from the game because they can't be fixed. Patches are for bug fixes. This patch adds more broken things than it fixes.
MMX
12 Apr 2020, 05:58 AM

though i don't share your opinion on the direction and intention of the balance changes at all, i do agree that unintended consequences, such as the AI essentially becoming defunct as you mentioned, should be looked at. many users here, myself included, probably don't care much about compstomps, but i understand that for a large part of the non-competitive community these issues are absolutely game breaking.
i doubt it would do much harm if a rollback as proposed was introduced, still the better solution would of course be to have the voices of this part of the playerbase not to be completely ignored.
12 Apr 2020, 08:06 AM

I'm going to disappoint you here - no one gives rats ass about AI.
And I really doubt anyone cares about fixes to anything else then build orders AI makes as modders probably have no idea nor access to relics AI.
12 Apr 2020, 08:34 AM

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

10,053 people playing the game, only 179 playing non-AI matches... they ought to give 9874 rats arses. The vast majority of us comp-stomp or play the scenarios... which were just effectively made unplayable.

This is Easter, with half the world on holiday or in lockdown, & they ruined the game. Roll it back until it is fixed. Please!
12 Apr 2020, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 08:34 AMAdler

10,053 people playing the game, only 179 playing non-AI matches

What makes you think so?
You can't tell how many multiplayer games are ongoing, only how many is queued and even then its just % based estimate.
12 Apr 2020, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 08:34 AMAdler

10,053 people playing the game, only 179 playing non-AI matches... they ought to give 9874 rats arses. The vast majority of us comp-stomp or play the scenarios... which were just effectively made unplayable.

This is Easter, with half the world on holiday or in lockdown, & they ruined the game. Roll it back until it is fixed. Please!

More people play automatch then that but I think this patch has fundamentally broken far too many things for it to stay in this state. Either a big ass hotfix needs to come out next week or the patch should get rolled back so it has more time to cook in the oven. If this is the state of the game for the next 6-8 months somebody has to be held responsible imo.
12 Apr 2020, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 08:48 AMKatitof

What makes you think so?
You can't tell how many multiplayer games are ongoing, only how many is queued and even then its just % based estimate.

The AI is clearly broken and enough people play it that it should matter. Do you really need to expend your energy downplaying something that is inexcusably broken?
12 Apr 2020, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 08:06 AMKatitof
I'm going to disappoint you here - no one gives rats ass about AI.
And I really doubt anyone cares about fixes to anything else then build orders AI makes as modders probably have no idea nor access to relics AI.

A large portion of players play vs AI.

I think this is something that urgently needs to be fixed.
12 Apr 2020, 12:33 PM

Disagree, the balance team knows best. Since they’re not being paid and they’re doing it on their free time they are free to break everything.
12 Apr 2020, 12:38 PM

there is such a thing called hotfixes you know without trashing months of hard work
12 Apr 2020, 12:53 PM
Patrion 14

Revert... Bs patch
12 Apr 2020, 13:03 PM

Wait the AI got broken for some factions? How?

Does it not do anything?
12 Apr 2020, 13:36 PM

Wait the AI got broken for some factions? How?

Does it not do anything?

When I played vs AI with Winter Balance Preview to test my maps I noticed that UKF AI now builds medics and uses them as a frontline infantry unit. That makes the complete UKF AI useless. On top of that they build HQs in random locations constantly. Soviet and USF AI can be used to have a somewhat decent game but UKF AI is completely helpless. I guess the post refers to this.

I pointed this out in the feedback thread because I knew it will fuck over all the comp stompers hard but apparently they didn't listen/care about this issue.

I know that most people here don't care about AI games but we shouldn't be so ignorant to just ignore this (significant) part of the COH2 population.
12 Apr 2020, 13:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

When I played vs AI with Winter Balance Preview to test my maps I noticed that UKF AI now builds medics and uses them as a frontline infantry unit. That makes the complete UKF AI useless.

This is fixed in the live version.
12 Apr 2020, 13:55 PM

When I played vs AI with Winter Balance Preview to test my maps I noticed that UKF AI now builds medics and uses them as a frontline infantry unit.

This was fixed in the live patch by setting a very low priority for the AI to build medic squads. Or something like that, I'm not familiar with how the AI scripts work. It shouldn't build more than one if it even builds one at all.

If this is still an issue or if anything else regarding AI is an issue we'd love detailed reports so we can actually look into these issues and try to fix them. Complaining "the AI doesn't work revert patch" without mentioning what's actually wrong gets us absolutely nowhere. We can't fix something if we don't know it's broken.
12 Apr 2020, 13:56 PM

Hopefully the hotfix will come soon
12 Apr 2020, 13:58 PM

Fixing the AI is important. It's not fair to screw over the majority of the playerbase for the sakes of the relatively small competitive community.
12 Apr 2020, 14:00 PM

They made the game look like it's in beta again. Instead of fixing missing tooltips, they added more things, that have none. Instead of fixing the balance through subtle changes, they add a gamebreaking ability to T4 of Ostheer (I main Ostheer, by the way) and completely change the faction around this, so that now everyone has to rush T4, because the sooner you get it the more MP you'll spare.

Puma rush tactics to secure armor superiority early from before this patch won't work, because you made it 5CP, just like the Stug III E and so it comes late - irrelevant of whether you have the resources for it, or not, as if it was some gamebreaking OP vehicle everybody moaned about.

IS-2s with their 122mm gun - the 2nd biggest tank-mounted gun in the game, that should basically be long reload-huge damage now barely splashes infantry and has crap armor.

Pershing is no longer a great lategame unit for already lategame-weak Americans, that have to blob masses of infantry lategame to win, so expect USF players to do nothing, but blob. Aren't you trying to make blobbing less viable?

You mirrored tank sizes and made Cromwell into a Panzer IV, are we playing Command and Conquer, where each side has to have the exact same unit in a different skin, or are we playing CoH2? It is but one of many changes, that make the balance of the game a mirror. Stop doing this. Just. STOP.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Instead of making subtle changes to units's stats and balance you mess the goddamn game up so bad the original devs wouldn't know what to do.
12 Apr 2020, 14:24 PM

They made the game look like it's in beta again. Instead of fixing missing tooltips, they added more things, that have none. Instead of fixing the balance through subtle changes, they add a gamebreaking ability to T4 of Ostheer (I main Ostheer, by the way) and completely change the faction around this, so that now everyone has to rush T4, because the sooner you get it the more MP you'll spare.

Puma rush tactics to secure armor superiority early from before this patch won't work, because you made it 5CP, just like the Stug III E and so it comes late - irrelevant of whether you have the resources for it, or not, as if it was some gamebreaking OP vehicle everybody moaned about.

IS-2s with their 122mm gun - the 2nd biggest tank-mounted gun in the game, that should basically be long reload-huge damage now barely splashes infantry and has crap armor.

Pershing is no longer a great lategame unit for already lategame-weak Americans, that have to blob masses of infantry lategame to win, so expect USF players to do nothing, but blob. Aren't you trying to make blobbing less viable?

You mirrored tank sizes and made Cromwell into a Panzer IV, are we playing Command and Conquer, where each side has to have the exact same unit in a different skin, or are we playing CoH2? It is but one of many changes, that make the balance of the game a mirror. Stop doing this. Just. STOP.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Instead of making subtle changes to units's stats and balance you mess the goddamn game up so bad the original devs wouldn't know what to do.

Cromwell was changed because it's old role was crushing infantry

most would agree a P4 clone is better than that alternative.
12 Apr 2020, 14:24 PM

While you make a lot of good points, the original devs had exactly the same approach. The game is a tangled mess under the weight of seven years of drastic changes and overcomplicated, inconsistent solutions, not three.

What it desperately needs is a big standardisation patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★