Login

russian armor

The Pershing.

12 Apr 2020, 18:00 PM

Well, if i had the game opened i would had tried. I thought about it. But i wouldn't bother taking a picture and uploading it.

I was amused by the idea of: is it possible for this to happen?

Well, technically he didn't. No video showing it. However, I don't think that solo panzergrens can take on pershing. Maybe if you keep moving around and it's missing pretty much every shot.
12 Apr 2020, 18:54 PM

Well, technically he didn't. No video showing it. However, I don't think that solo panzergrens can take on pershing. Maybe if you keep moving around and it's missing pretty much every shot.

In his defense, even if I don't always agree with what he says/decides/rationalizes if any member of the forum can "get away" with just their word they did it imo it would be sander.
14 Apr 2020, 16:02 PM

USF wasn't built with having a Heavy Tank in mind anyway.
14 Apr 2020, 19:35 PM

Just fought a guy who built 3 Pershings in a 51 min game. All 3 died to my double StuGGs. I think the unit is UP at the moment. If there is to be a buff I'd like to see more of an anti-armour focus.
14 Apr 2020, 20:13 PM

Just fought a guy who built 3 Pershings in a 51 min game. All 3 died to my double StuGGs. I think the unit is UP at the moment. If there is to be a buff I'd like to see more of an anti-armour focus.

It's two dedicated AT vehicles (560mp/180f) fighting a generalist 'premium medium' (600mp/230f); that's generally what's supposed to happen.

I'm more surprised your opponent didn't have time to back away (or just didn't?), considering the STUGs have a 63% chance to pen at max range.
14 Apr 2020, 20:15 PM

It's two dedicated AT vehicles (560mp/180f) fighting a generalist 'premium medium' (600mp/230f), that's generally what's supposed to happen.

No like all 3 times it died easily and it had 2 AT guns around it. I just flanked and chased with StuGGs, they barely ever bounced and it couldn't fight back basically. It also didn't do much on the anti infantry department, only like 1 wipe in a 51 min game and like 6 kills.

Not worth it imo.
14 Apr 2020, 20:17 PM

No like all 3 times it died easily and it had 2 AT guns around it. I just flanked and chased with StuGGs, they barely ever bounced and it couldn't fight back basically. It also didn't do much on the anti infantry department, only like 1 wipe in a 51 min game and like 6 kills.

Not worth it imo.

If you're managing to flank with STUGs, chase, and didn't end up facing a horde of REs with Bazookas, it sounds like you just completely out-played your opponent.
14 Apr 2020, 20:19 PM

If you're managing to flank with STUGs, chase, and didn't end up facing a horde of REs with Bazookas, it sounds like you just completely out-played your opponent.

Nah he had 3 AT squads as well, just made sure to force them back before flanking.

The point is the Pershing isn't worth building. You don't get the value you should be getting.
14 Apr 2020, 20:28 PM

Did he use the skillshot with the Pershing tho, it allows you to 3-shot Stugs.
14 Apr 2020, 20:31 PM

Did he use the skillshot with the Pershing tho, it allows you to 3-shot Stugs.

I stayed at max range cuz he had bazooka blobs and I didn't wanna lose a StuGG. Guess he didn't feel confident from max range. Not gonna pretend like he managed it perfectly or anything, it was adequate but I kept finding his pershing with double StuGGs and shrek Pgren behind his main line and diving it.

I must say double StuGG is love.
14 Apr 2020, 20:35 PM

I stayed at max range cuz he had bazooka blobs and I didn't wanna lose a StuGG. Guess he didn't feel confident from max range. Not gonna pretend like he managed it perfectly or anything, it was adequate but I kept finding his pershing with double StuGGs and shrek Pgren behind his main line and diving it.

If he had kept a Pershing alive, he could've added a Jackson and used Combined Arms for that sweet -30% reload. That would have given the Stugs a bad day.

My point being, I don't think the Pershing (doctrine) is lacking in terms of AT.
14 Apr 2020, 20:42 PM

If he had kept a Pershing alive, he could've added a Jackson and used Combined Arms for that sweet -30% reload. That would have given the Stugs a bad day.

My point being, I don't think the Pershing (doctrine) is lacking in terms of AT.

nonononono it's basically a Panther in terms of AT, I'm just saying if it's gonna be buffed because it's lackluster overall I'd rather see an anti-armour buff.

He made an M36 early but glorious StuGG and P4 ganged it up Kappa
14 Apr 2020, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 03:11 AMCODGUY

I called in a Pershing to fight a sqaud of vet 2 Panzergrenadiers equipped with Panzerschreks. This was a 1v1 fight and the Pershing lost. That's right, a 230 Fuel 640 MP tank lost to a single Wehrmacht AT sqaud.

You've really outdone yourself this time
14 Apr 2020, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 03:11 AMCODGUY
That's right
14 Apr 2020, 21:49 PM

Personally I would like to see every faction have access to their heavy tank as part of the faction like OKW. This would require proper research and tech of course to be able to build. This could allow for more commander choices/abilities while being able to balance tank combat around every faction having access to heavy tanks.
Would the M36 Jackson need to be as strong as it is now if USF had a Pershing that could fulfill a strong anti tank role as part of its core roster?
I feel the benefits would outweigh any cons as a step in the right direction for improving overall balance.
15 Apr 2020, 01:33 AM

Pershing is worst heavy. Before it was ok for 1v1 and useless in team games.

After winter patch where axis fanbois forced the nerfs, it lost its AI and comes too late and takes too long to refield a dead one.

Pershing cannot self repair and have lousy skill shot ability.

What a joke unit now. A glass cannon with nerf'd stats and only in one weak doctrine

Give it some self spotting and improve heavy calvary doctrine, combined arms ability is too expensive and reloads too long.
15 Apr 2020, 09:39 AM

Pershing

We are reducing the AOE damage on the Pershing as a general reduction amongst the majority of heavy tanks.

CP requirement from 9 to 12
Pershing Manpower cost from 600 to 640; brings it in line with other heavy tanks.
AOE damage near from 1/0.4/0.175 to 0.75/0.4/0.175
AOE distance from 0.25/1.5/3.25 to 0/1/3.25

Care to tell us why it wouldn't have been possible before the patch? You've outplayed your opponent, GG, but who cares?
You're discovering that Stug are good TDs, they've always been - just that last meta was staling for Tiger and no stugs.
15 Apr 2020, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2020, 09:39 AMEsxile

Care to tell us why it wouldn't have been possible before the patch? You've outplayed your opponent, GG, but who cares?
You're discovering that Stug are good TDs, they've always been - just that last meta was staling for Tiger and no stugs.

I’m making the point that the Pershing is inadequate for the cost because it can be easily countered and you don’t get the anti infantry capability anymore, hence why I’m pointing out that the unit is UP in my view.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★