Login

russian armor

Brit buffs are definitely a start, but will not be enough

9 Apr 2020, 02:23 AM

It's offensive power is plenty good, it's just a little too easy to kill imo. I know most other rocket arty dies in 1 shot but at least they can reposition quickly. Calliope can take damage and reposition quickly

Unless you see a nebelwerfer. LM is the only TW rocket arty available. Thats why its not as mobile as, for example a pwerfer.

You just cant have a heavy rocket launch platform rushing faster than a bfc (big f*** canon) ATG, its not appealing nor realistic.

Calliope is not a good example to compare with, unless you want a cheesy buff, of course.
9 Apr 2020, 03:34 AM

You just cant have a heavy rocket launch platform rushing faster than a bfc (big f*** canon) ATG, its not appealing nor realistic.

That's not what I said
9 Apr 2020, 03:56 AM

I agree with most of the points.
Countering indirect fire is a tricky one, and I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

Regarding bolster, I'd like to see it be an upgrade for individual squads rather than a global buff.
Have it take up all weapon slots on an upgraded infantry section. Have it increase the squads moving accuracy by 15% and give them a munitions ability "double time" which temporarily increases move speed by 25%.
This will make bolstered infantry sections into more mobile infantry while your bren sections are your static firepower.
9 Apr 2020, 03:59 AM

Regarding bolster, I'd like to see it be an upgrade for individual squads rather than a global buff.
Have it take up all weapon slots on an upgraded infantry section. Have it increase the squads moving accuracy by 15% and give them a munitions ability "double time" which temporarily increases move speed by 25%.
This will make bolstered infantry sections into more mobile infantry while your bren sections are your static firepower.

I've seen someone make the individual bolster suggestion before I like it a lot. The weapon slot idea is good too, makes the upgrade much less of a no brainier
9 Apr 2020, 04:01 AM

I've seen someone make the individual bolster suggestion before I like it a lot. The weapon slot idea is good too, makes the upgrade much less of a no brainier

Well and I think the key is that the role of a bolstered squad in this scenario needs to be well distinguished from a non bolstered but upgunned squad. Hence the moving accuracy buff.
9 Apr 2020, 04:51 AM

Well and I think the key is that the role of a bolstered squad in this scenario needs to be well distinguished from a non bolstered but upgunned squad. Hence the moving accuracy buff.

Yeah that makes sense. I think at minimum they should make it an individual upgrade. The global upgrade just seems too brainless. But you have me sold on the whole idea
9 Apr 2020, 05:40 AM

Non doc land mattress is the only answer
9 Apr 2020, 19:11 PM

A stationary LM like an emplacement. Yeah that sounds pretty cool
9 Apr 2020, 19:37 PM

Land mattress is shit. It is epic. But shit.
It takes forever to fire and move

I would decrease the fuel needed or buff the speed of tear down and setup

If you don't retreat it back it will 80% get killed

If you retreat it back you need to wait for like 40s for it to start firing because it needs to pack, move, unpack, wait till fire and by then the whole operation is over and you got pushed back or something else.

And for comets I don't use them. Churchill is a powerhouse of HP. Comet is not on par with a panther so no point there really. Build a firefly and a Churchill it is better imo.

Also lastly when it gets to the emplacements. They are easy to kill. Like they last for 2min if they want them gone. I think mortar should be a little bit more accurate since most of the time I build them they fire 10 shots and get 1 kill. Then die after 2min with 3 kills. There are games where they rack up 10-20 kills and that is amazing but that is every 3-4 games.

Why would I pay 350 mp for something that gets killed so easy and misses most shots it fires? Am I missing something?
10 Apr 2020, 03:09 AM

There is a reason why a specific unit is divided into a commander-only unit.

It gives the player a strategic option through commander selection, without harming the characteristics of the faction.

Rather, it is more urgent to rework the Emplacement.
10 Apr 2020, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 03:09 AMblancat

There is a reason why a specific unit is divided into a commander-only unit.

It gives the player a strategic option through commander selection, without harming the characteristics of the faction.

Rather, it is more urgent to rework the Emplacement.

Ah yes the strategic choice of which basic gameplay tools I get access to.

Having played with the patch a little, I have to say the Brit buffs have gone a long long way to making them much more competitive than they were. But please god they still can't do shit to counter mortars or mg spam.
10 Apr 2020, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 17:26 PMVipper

Neither Churchill nor FF has an inflated POP.

Oh yes they do. None of these TDs should have a POP exceeding 14 and none of the heavier stock armor should exceed 18.
10 Apr 2020, 03:45 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

After playing the new patch a bit, the brits true weakness is shockingly still MGs and indirect fire due to lack of indirect fire. Who knew that was coming?!

No but really they play better now, still gimmicky but better. Their lategame is still top notch.
10 Apr 2020, 04:11 AM

I just try new patch, Even manage to have a decent opening,They still got hard counter by leig spam and dont event have a chance to get to late game, as always. Not a big surprise.
10 Apr 2020, 04:22 AM

And patch come live without any further adjustments for ukf despite alll feedback since 1.3 is kind of disappointing. Especially Nothing was did to Hq glider, so now we can produce 2 stock unit at 3 cp.
10 Apr 2020, 04:28 AM

And patch come live without any further adjustments for ukf despite alll feedback since 1.3 is kind of disappointing. Especially Nothing was did to Hq glider, so now we can produce 2 stock unit at 3 cp.

Glider should give commando crewed version of support weapons, ATG could have camo toggle and MG could be replaced with commando mortar team.

Then the ability would be good
10 Apr 2020, 04:29 AM

Glider should give commando crewed version of support weapons, ATG could have camo toggle and MG could be replaced with commando mortar team.

Ah yes lets make an at gun like 13 manpower more to reinforce but also really tough for no reason.
10 Apr 2020, 07:29 AM

Ah yes lets make an at gun like 13 manpower more to reinforce but also really tough for no reason.

The real question is why would you call in a commander glider for an exactly identical MG team you have at tier 0. This isn't USF airborne where you are split by tech. Really the inclusion of a Vickers is strange here, especially at the timing it arrives and how dependent Vickers is on vet to suppress anything by mid game.

Commando ATG and mortar would give some diversity, especially if they had different abilities. Obviously costs can be set accordingly.
10 Apr 2020, 08:29 AM

Vanguard already is one of the best doctrines that is used very commonly. Pushing what are essentially 4 special units/abilities (FHQ, Commandos, Commandos ATG and Commandos Mortar team) into one would be overkill. It's already a good deal package (FHQ and Commandos) as is.
10 Apr 2020, 08:39 AM

Mhh, seems to me that Vanguard just offers to much. Commandos, Croc and strong off map all in 1 commander is already overkill. Why should brit players choose "Commando regiment" if they can have the same unit AND the croc with Vanguard...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 162
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak