Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

CoHrona Cup

There are four maps being featured in the upcoming 1v1 tournament

Ploietski by WhiteFlashReborn

Amily Fields by Wuff

Bocage by Kpen

Molenweg by RickieRifle

All of these maps offer something different and will only ever feature in games 1 and 2 of a series so they do not affect a match during the sudden death period.

Poll after Quarter Finals

There will be a poll that goes live after the quarter finals are played that will decide which map will feature in the grand final.

Feedback

Feedback is crucial, it's exactly three weeks until the tournament as of today, so if the map makers can receive feedback in the next few days it would be most appreciated!

Tip: try giving your feedback in this format:

1) Flow: what is the flow of combat like, do you enjoy the battles you have on it?

2) Fairness: is it a fair map, do both spawns get good opportunities?

3) Feel: how does the map look and make you feel, is there anything you'd improve aesthetically?

Give feedback in this thread or alternatively on Discord.
30 Mar 2020, 14:33 PM

Is this just a feedback thread?
A_E
30 Mar 2020, 14:35 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Is this just a feedback thread?

Yes mate, and for the record I am aware that you and RickieRifle both have maps that could equally have been featured.

Apologies that they weren't added, I had to be a bit careful finding the balance between map cup and full fledged 1v1 tourney etc.
30 Mar 2020, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 14:35 PMA_E

Yes mate, and for the record I am aware that you and RickieRifle both have maps that could equally have been featured.

Apologies that they weren't added, I had to be a bit careful finding the balance between map cup and full fledged 1v1 tourney etc.

Oh it's perfectly fine my dude. Got no issues with it.
30 Mar 2020, 14:50 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

30 Mar 2020, 15:20 PM

Very good idea to focus on some of the community maps.

BTW: Now we need this for 2v2 :)
30 Mar 2020, 15:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Very good idea to focus on some of the community maps.

BTW: Now we need this for 2v2 :)

You saw the last weekend? :lol:
30 Mar 2020, 16:52 PM

You saw the last weekend? :lol:

Sorry but a rework of AOD and two vcoh adaptions that were pushed on the community by a handful of people doesn't count as as community tournament. It's fine Currahee wanted to do that don't get me wrong but the focus was on UTT2 and not automatch.

I hope Wolfhetze gets added to automatch some day though. That map seems better than most live automatch maps.
30 Mar 2020, 17:19 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Sorry but a rework of AOD and two vcoh adaptions that were pushed on the community by a handful of people doesn't count as as community tournament. It's fine Currahee wanted to do that don't get me wrong but the focus was on UTT2 and not automatch.

I hope Wolfhetze gets added to automatch some day though. That map seems better than most live automatch maps.

yeah true about the cup.(btw its currah and me^^)

and hmm yeah i maybe will invest some time into this map. Because right now I say NO for automatch to this map.

But this thread here is for 1vs1 from ae :P
30 Mar 2020, 20:18 PM

This is fantastic! AE to the rescue!
18 Apr 2020, 18:02 PM

For the love of fucking do not under any circumstance let this garbage map known as polesti go into automatch *or* the fucking finals, it is beyond garbge. It's for one way to small and the fundamentals are so warped that fixing one issue causes another thirty, you get rid of the hedge and now schwer will cover everything, you don't and now if you fuck up agaisnt a really good player he can hide a shock squad near the hedge. It has no flow, the dynamics just force dumb cheese. Maybe im biased but it flows awkardly the map isnt fun to play on for me and never has.

But maybe thats just a light salting.

Pretty much every person i've done scrims or played tournaments with or even talked to barring one person has called it stupid and shit.

(For the record it has some nice ideas but they end up being buggy or simply not really workable such as the buildings which are buggy as all hell with the pathing and the cut off vps which makes the map flow really weirdly)

Another map i have a critique off is amily fields, which is really solid overall though that said the northern cut off is way to brutal compared to the southern one, i often foudn myself struggling pushign it and considering the axis is on south it makes their mg placement *really* strong. I do enjoy playing on it however but that needs to be changed.

As for millroad... I'm torn on it, visually its kind of not good, but playing it was probably the most polished and fun experience, though i had two short matches so my experience should be taken with a grain of salt. I enjoy it, the building has been adequatly nerfed, though i feel like the northleft side could do with some changes i think, as it's kind of out there along with the far eastern point, maybe put them a bit more aggressivly? I'm not sure, though its not priority one (the aesthics are.)
18 Apr 2020, 18:33 PM

For the love of fucking do not under any circumstance let this garbage map known as polesti go into automatch *or* the fucking finals, it is beyond garbge. It's for one way to small and the fundamentals are so warped that fixing one issue causes another thirty, you get rid of the hedge and now schwer will cover everything, you don't and now if you fuck up agaisnt a really good player he can hide a shock squad near the hedge. It has no flow, the dynamics just force dumb cheese. Maybe im biased but it flows awkardly the map isnt fun to play on for me and never has.

+1

It's also very center focused with how the base exits are designed and with how open the center is, which tends to lead to MG spam. Also, my units often either don't walk to the closest door of a garrison or the pathing freaks out and the order gets cancelled.

As for millroad... I'm torn on it, visually its kind of not good, but playing it was probably the most polished and fun experience, though i had two short matches so my experience should be taken with a grain of salt. I enjoy it, the building has been adequatly nerfed, though i feel like the northleft side could do with some changes i think, as it's kind of out there along with the far eastern point, maybe put them a bit more aggressivly? I'm not sure, though its not priority one (the aesthics are.)

Also +1

I found Millroad the most fun map so far of the bunch, with Amilly Fields as second. I do find the right fuel tends to get ignored, maybe the shotblocker around there should be a bit smaller, dunno could be my inexperience with the map.

Agree it could do with some artistic advice, it feels like the map was designed first, then the strat points added second. The area around some strat points should be a bit more "distinct", aesthetically speaking, think Kholodny Ferma. It also might have a bit too much negative space between strat points.
18 Apr 2020, 19:32 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hello Everyone. Let me start by saying thanks to the mapmakers for all the effort into providing us new playgrounds to mess around with in CoH2.

After playing the tourney games today I wanna share my feedback on the maps I played (Mol, Amily, Ploiet). I will mention Bocage tomorrow, though from what I've observed so far is that is seems too large for 1v1.

What all maps lack are meaningful buildings. Buildings have become more and more absent with the recent matches. Mol for example has one next to the VP, which act more as deathtraps to nades as proper garrisons. The window placement and the lack of them also makes them really unattractive for Soviets and USF. On Bocage there is one, but it only covers a strategic point far away from the action, so why even bother.

The map I liked most so far is Amily. That one is well crafted with lots of flaking routes and meaningful cover. The Cutoff for the Northern side is a bit too brutal though. You can cover almost both cutoffs from the center next to the VP, which makes strategies like Osttruppen, MG into T2 extremely potent. That needs some refining, but apart from that I really like it. With minor adjustments this would be a neat addition to the automatch rotation (also like it visually).

Mol is a bit tricky. I didn't really like it nor did I dislike it. The map is really interesting to look at on the sides of it (with all the trenches for example). But there is almost no worthwhile territory, so there are almost no engagements fought at all. Meanwhile the center is pretty straight forward - though less interesting. I also dislike the Shed with the Tractors next to the southern cutoff, as it doesn't provide proper cover or does anything meaningful at all. I wish all the goodies on the sides were squeezed into the middle. To make the sides more interesting I'd push the munition points further to the sides. There is also a lack of green cover in a circle around the middle VP (only bushes and farns). Overall decent map though.

Ploiet is probably my least favourite map. It feels a bit stretched, with the middle more or less as a container and then the sides quite far away, resulting in long retreat path. The buildings are too bulky and meaningless, offering little strategic options and windows to shoot out of. The base MGs cover and important flaking route in the middle (towards the bush). I am not a fan of VPs acting as cutoffs. The important fuel and munition points could also be moved a bit more towards the center, as they are so far to the edge of the map, stretching 1v1 engagements quite thin. By opening up that corridor behind the buildings and moving the resources point a bit closer to the center aswell as adjusting the VPs to not act as cutoffs this could improve the map.

Also while I'm at it, can we tidy of the 1v1 automatch map pool? There are too many maps now they are certain vetoes like Bayeux which take up valuable vetos.
18 Apr 2020, 19:49 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 19:32 PMluvnest
Hello Everyone. Let me start by saying thanks to the mapmakers for all the effort into providing us new playgrounds to mess around with in CoH2.

After playing the tourney games today I wanna share my feedback on the maps I played (Mol, Amily, Ploiet). I will mention Bocage tomorrow, though from what I've observed so far is that is seems too large for 1v1.

What all maps lack are meaningful buildings. Buildings have become more and more absent with the recent matches. Mol for example has one next to the VP, which act more as deathtraps to nades as proper garrisons. The window placement and the lack of them also makes them really unattractive for Soviets and USF. On Bocage there is one, but it only covers a strategic point far away from the action, so why even bother.

Ploiet is probably my least favourite map. It feels a bit stretched, with the middle more or less as a container and then the sides quite far away, resulting in long retreat path. The buildings are too bulky and meaningless, offering little strategic options and windows to shoot out of. The base MGs cover and important flaking route in the middle (towards the bush). I am not a fan of VPs acting as cutoffs. The important fuel and munition points could also be moved a bit more towards the center, as they are so far to the edge of the map, stretching 1v1 engagements quite thin. By opening up that corridor behind the buildings and moving the resources point a bit closer to the center aswell as adjusting the VPs to not act as cutoffs this could improve the map.

Not sure how much you have played Ploiesti, please take a look <444>3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJFm4vMdHNc
19 Apr 2020, 04:42 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Not sure how much you have played Ploiesti, please take a look <444>3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJFm4vMdHNc

Did...did you even read his post?
19 Apr 2020, 04:49 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2020, 04:42 AMTric

Did...did you even read his post?

Yes sir, he was talking about how no maps have any meaningful buildings (and other points), the video addresses that and other elements of the map that may need to be elaborated on because of limited playtime by everyone. Unsure at this time but the video is illuminating either way. Design changes will continue as good data comes in.
19 Apr 2020, 05:00 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 19:32 PMluvnest

Either you linked the wrong video (feb is the date), or I'm not getting it. Regardless of what is talked about in the video, that entire paragraph is about them playing your map and providing feedback.

Also this:

But maybe thats just a light salting.

Pretty much every person i've done scrims or played tournaments with or even talked to barring one person has called it stupid and shit.

(For the record it has some nice ideas but they end up being buggy or simply not really workable such as the buildings which are buggy as all hell with the pathing and the cut off vps which makes the map flow really weirdly)

+1

It's also very center focused with how the base exits are designed and with how open the center is, which tends to lead to MG spam. Also, my units often either don't walk to the closest door of a garrison or the pathing freaks out and the order gets cancelled.

I'm just confused as to what saying "check out this video that's 2 months old" has to do with their feedback on the version they played a few days ago is.
19 Apr 2020, 05:02 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2020, 14:35 PMA_E

Rickies map needs the testing more IMO. Orangepest had his tested quite a bit in SMC, unless there was one he made himself that I didn't see. I'll have to check out the VOD to see how these maps played out. Thanks for featuring some maps in this. :thumbsup:
A_E
19 Apr 2020, 11:33 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2020, 05:02 AMTric

Rickies map needs the testing more IMO. Orangepest had his tested quite a bit in SMC, unless there was one he made himself that I didn't see. I'll have to check out the VOD to see how these maps played out. Thanks for featuring some maps in this. :thumbsup:

Aye I saw that, it's a shame I couldn't feauture more, and at least his was already seen in SMC.

I'm doing more regular tournaments going forward so may be able to include more in the future for certain!

Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight