Login

russian armor

CoHRona Cup Map 'competition'

A_E
19 Apr 2020, 11:33 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 19:32 PMluvnest

Nice feedback LN looking forward to see you play on Bocage later, to get thoughts there too
19 Apr 2020, 11:57 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2020, 11:33 AMA_E

Aye I saw that, it's a shame I couldn't feauture more, and at least his was already seen in SMC.

I'm doing more regular tournaments going forward so may be able to include more in the future for certain!

Cheers

Oh this is good news!
19 Apr 2020, 13:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

What people in twtich chat thinks about the maps
Here is the vote result:
http://prntscr.com/s2a9eg
19 Apr 2020, 15:00 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2020, 05:00 AMTric

Either you linked the wrong video (feb is the date), or I'm not getting it. Regardless of what is talked about in the video, that entire paragraph is about them playing your map and providing feedback.

Also this:

I'm just confused as to what saying "check out this video that's 2 months old" has to do with their feedback on the version they played a few days ago is.

Your not getting it, no worries! Feedback absorbed.
19 Apr 2020, 17:41 PM

Bocage: Personally, my least favourite map out of this pool. I don't enjoy the battles, though I can't pinpoint why. It's seemingly fair, smaller hiccups that I've found and sent to kpen but nothing major. I also don't think it looks aesthetically pleasing, but I don't think that should decide whether a map is put into automatch or not.
Amilly fields: By far the best map out of the pool. Feels great to play, even after the major changes that were put into place before the tourney. The changes are in my opinion in the worse direction, but Wuffya has told me he might plan to revert them as he doesn't think they made an improvement either. Either way, this map is up there with faymonville and xroads in how it plays out, imo.
Ploietski: This one is hard to really rate. Personally I like it, but as some has pointed out it has some very orthodox changes to how the 1v1 map formula works. I like the general layout, but I can see how the map could improve by removing the victory point/cutoff which I quite frankly find a bad idea. I disagree with others points though, I think the map adds a ton to how you tactically play the game and the buildings are a very interesting addition. Probably the potential to be the 2nd best on the list, if whiteflash gives it more love, imo.
Molenweg: Currently a really good map. I disliked some of the earlier iterations of Molenweg, but this version is actually really good. I think some more work can be done especially around the muni and the cutoffs, as these areas feel very vanilla. Overall the 2nd best, definitely would be an improvement of the mappool in automatch if added imo. Well done Ricky!
A_E
20 Apr 2020, 07:30 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

My opinions:

Bocage: best artistically, possibly a better alternative to Crossing in the Woods in the map pool as games are more exciting on it quite frankly. Haven't seen a dull game on it yet. Bad retreat paths though due to buildings and obstacles that give unexpected results.

Molenweg: Has evolved to the point where it no longer looks like a rough first attempt, the cut offs actually grew on me, and now feel quite revolutionary. Could become a good tourney map. Needs the random shot blocker/not shot blocker unexpected results fixing etc. And more revisions on artistic integrity and styling.

Ploietksi: looks amazing in its styling inherently not a bad map, but possibly difficult to love due to its slightly experimental layout. I'm not a fan of north/south maps which is something I'll also mention when it comes to Amilly. I think its missing something, I'm just not sure what it is.

Amilly Fields: A fan favourite due to its cool combat in the centre, which it does indeed have. I'm not a fan of the new cutoffs Wuff implemented seem to 'gamey' in their location and layout. Also suffers with north/southism, as a community we really need to leave north vs. south for east vs. west, or at least a shallow diagonal (like Moleweg).
20 Apr 2020, 21:28 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Molenweg: I would advise improving the atmospheric settings so it doesnt looks as homogenous. Interesting games on it. Havent done a deep dive on it otherwise. GJ Rickie.

Bocage: Does feel like Crossing in the Swamp as someone casting pointed out. It also had interesting games on it. I would echo AEs observations on this map. Good technical changes got in before the tourny which helped it I would guess, GJ Kpen.

Ploiesti: I will be overhauling this and plan to have a V3 completed by this or next weeks end. I am confident that the fundamental concept of this design is very strong. The feedback and replays have been helpful, thanks all!

Amily Fields: Ive said for months this map should be in automatch. My hope is there will be no more resistance to making that happen and replacing a lesser map can happen in the next patch. GJ Wuff. I would echo Luvnests request to tidy up the 1v1 map pool with regards to this map. Sounds like some tidying is on the way. :thumb:

I would encourage anyone who wants to give future feedback to do it here or in the COH2 Worldbuilders Discord, this discord has been a good platform for mappers and testers to collaborate and communicate, all the maps seen in the tournament were made better from being there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★