Login

russian armor

Suggestion: sight options for Ostheer and USF

26 Mar 2020, 03:14 AM

AEC has 50 sight. More than sniper and pyro tommies.

No this is simply false

Go check coh2stats, AEC los has forever been trash compared to other lights

Sniper also has better LoS than all.
26 Mar 2020, 04:01 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

No this is simply false

Go check coh2stats, AEC los has forever been trash compared to other lights

OST sniper sight range:

OST sniper reveal range for AEC

Sniper max range vs revealed units

AEC sight range

So as you can see, the OST sniper has 45 sight (guessing) and 50 attack range. The AEC does have 50 sight range.
26 Mar 2020, 04:21 AM

OST sniper sight range:

AEC sight range

So as you can see, the OST sniper has 45 sight (guessing) and 50 attack range. The AEC does have 50 sight range.

Very good post
26 Mar 2020, 05:24 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Very good post

Kinda offtopic imo but just thought I'd point that out so people don't get the wrong stat of the AEC sight.

On topic:

I think USF has issues when there are no pathfinders or m20, stuart, or other unit with good sight. I think OST has issues with it when something outranges their pios (42 sight). I'd say OKW also has issues with sight if extra sight pfusis weren't in the best doctrine for OKW or uncounterable cheap flares or IRHT cheese. So while I think OST and USF have issues. I think that some doctrinal units like paths just completely invalidate OST MG play early game that I don't think they need it.

222 is also cheap and a great unit. I think the golden egg is the soviet flare but most factions are good enough imo given it isn't cheesey.
26 Mar 2020, 06:02 AM

OK so I've sat and thought and here's what I got:
Soviet-fine don't need anything here

Ost- good, but a bit more would certainly be a boon- proposition: bunkers gain increased Los when garrisoned
This aligns to the mktre defensive design of Ostheer and hopefully brings more use into underutilized bunkers (can't recall the last time I saw one used for garrison)

Usf not terrible but really not good.
Proposition: OFFICERS in cover have increased Los (forgot that detail earlier) so that it's not super OP. imo officers lack definition. They should be what REALLY takes a usf player to the next level instead of being rifles that can get a weapon without racks...

Brits- aec is good, Tommie in cover are good. Pyro Tommie are good. Eden vehicles get increased Los with their sole upgrade. Lots of options quite frankly. Nearly as good as the soviet, however its more organic so people seem to forget about it.

Okw- not awful really. Uhu being chaneed will be nice, and a number of light vehicles aid in scouting. Jp4 later on is also fantastic. Also hare lots of options but like the brits not having to click a button or frankly, have trade offs to get it makes people forget its there I feel... No change aside from the Uhu rework really needed imo.
26 Mar 2020, 07:11 AM

Demonstration pics

Thanks for going through this effort, but I'm pretty sure you got trolled because this:

Go check coh2stats

Is exactly what I did. Not only did superhans not even bother to check the stats, he acted as if he did, or even lied about what they were.
27 Mar 2020, 01:52 AM

I vote tone down sight options.

Too much sight now, makes the game too trigger happy and makes time to kill too fast.

Im old man gamer, my reaction times cant keep up with state of coh2. Coh1 is still perfect in ttk.

I don't see point of fow and true sight when everyone can see 25% of a map at every skirmishes
27 Mar 2020, 02:52 AM

No this is simply false
27 Mar 2020, 04:57 AM

Not true at all. Pathfinders, Jaeger lites, 222, m20, just about any unit that is meant to scout has better vision than sniper. All of those have 50, sniper has 45 as Shadow pointed out
27 Mar 2020, 08:55 AM

OST sniper sight range:

AEC sight range

Ok I was wrong in AEC, mixing it with UC

But maybe you should post sniper vs pyro Tommies out of cover. Even in cover it's 42 vs 45 iirc. But also extended at vet

If I had it my way snipers would be like they were in blitzkrieg another RTS, short LoS in combat mode and a "observation" mode that gives them extra Los but low crawling mobility. This would increase utility and combat current sniper cheese we currently have.

Snipers wouldnt be able to self spot this way while retaining recon ability to promote combined arms. No more moonwalk sniper shooting
27 Mar 2020, 08:58 AM

Not true at all. Pathfinders, Jaeger lites, 222, m20, just about any unit that is meant to scout has better vision than sniper. All of those have 50, sniper has 45 as Shadow pointed out

Those are not UKF units
27 Mar 2020, 13:02 PM

Those are not UKF units

And? You said:

All is a pretty inclusive term dude. And as was pointed out to you, you were wrong about AEC anyway
28 Mar 2020, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2020, 01:55 AMLago
I think the 222 and Stuart should lose veterancy sight and gain some vet zero sight option instead.

Having to vet up really undermines building them to act as scouts.

My biggest issue with Light Vehicles for the most part is that they function as mid game shock units and offer no utility late game. All Light Vehicles should be able to function as recon units without needing to gain vet for it.
28 Mar 2020, 11:50 AM

My biggest issue with Light Vehicles for the most part is that they function as mid game shock units and offer no utility late game. All Light Vehicles should be able to function as recon units without needing to gain vet for it.

Yep
28 Mar 2020, 12:06 PM

Actually, most of them do.

The T-70 is a powerful scout from Vet 0, the SU-76 is a light artillery tractor and the Puma and AEC have stuns.

The issue is more that utility is vet gated, so you only use the LVs you vetted in the midgame.

LVs would be more viable later in the game if their vet was restructured so they have all their utility up front and gain their stats with veterancy.
28 Mar 2020, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 12:06 PMLago

The T-70 is a powerful scout from Vet 0, the SU-76 is a light artillery tractor and the Puma and AEC have stuns.

The issue is more that utility is vet gated, so you only use the LVs you vetted in the midgame.

LVs would be more viable later in the game if their vet was restructured so they have all their utility up front and gain their stats with veterancy.

yep (+ I would rather have it as a muni paid upgrade than a vet bonus)
28 Mar 2020, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2020, 12:06 PMLago

The T-70 is a powerful scout from Vet 0, the SU-76 is a light artillery tractor and the Puma and AEC have stuns

Puma's precision shot is a vet 1 ability? Unless I missed a recent change
28 Mar 2020, 18:18 PM

Puma's precision shot is a vet 1 ability?

Aimed shot. Yeah vet 1.
28 Mar 2020, 18:20 PM

Aimed shot. Yeah vet 1.

Aimed shot, thank you. Precision shot is something isn't it? Or did I just make that up
28 Mar 2020, 18:21 PM

Precision shot is something isn't it?

Pretty sure that was the removed B4 ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★