Login

russian armor

To the patch team

26 Feb 2020, 22:03 PM

Clearly thers something going on with the decisions, when allied units are UP, they get straight up buffs (UKF), random unlcalled buffs for riflemen, random price decreases for the nades, then you have Over performing units like the Jackson, pack or pershing aoe? no changes.

When u have over performing axis units like the Tiger, Straight up triple nerf and under performing axis units? you get some crappy adjustments or trade offs, its getting ridiculous at this point
26 Feb 2020, 22:47 PM

I still don't know why everyone says the riflemen buffs were uncalled for people were complaining about them being underwhelming on the forums all the time. Lowest alpha damage, easily outnumbered and ultimately outfought by vet 1 volks, (until USF tech rework) hampered by extremely slow teching for LVs or TWs, etc. People bitch about double BARs but weapon racks into BARs were necessary just to catch up to Stg VGs and even then they could push you off the field if you didn't go .50 cal... I feel like people completely forget the whole span of time where USF players were opening with literally anything but riflemen, be it REs, AEs or even Pathfinders.

Why people bitch about the Gren-Riflemen matchup all of a sudden is weird since the buff shouldn't even effect combat at Grenadier ranges but I guess it's another thing to complain about with regards to Ostheer. Jackson and Pack Howie are another subject entirely but also both require reworks more than hard nerfs just because of how they fit into the faction. To say Axis don't get that same treatment is to ignore the Panzergrenadier reworks, the absurd and stupid Fallschirmjaeger buffs, the Ostwind...

Very much agree Pershing needs to be looked at if the Tiger is though. Especially versus Ostheer.
27 Feb 2020, 00:08 AM

As a main top 1vs1 ostheer player i suggest to nerf the aoe in the pershing. At the moment its just too high against 4 models..
27 Feb 2020, 00:14 AM

Ostheer's pretty strong in teamgames, but it struggles in 1v1 because of its limited tools in the light vehicle phase.

If it could get some sort of AT response out sooner, it'd have an easier time.

Perhaps a casemate tank destroyer? That way, you'd have positional interplay with light vehicles that can circle-strafe it.

Like a...

...StuG?

shameless plugging intensifies

https://www.coh2.org/topic/103763/ostheer-tech-restructure
27 Feb 2020, 00:26 AM

I feel like people completely forget the whole span of time where USF players were opening with literally anything but riflemen, be it REs, AEs or even Pathfinders..

You mean the patch when people played Recon Support to open with 3 IR pathfinders and then go LT before the 3CP Paratroopers and AT gun drop? Which then changed to the also broken Pack Howitzer drop when people finally realized how broken that thing was?

Yeah horrible time for usf. Absolutely unplayable.
27 Feb 2020, 00:57 AM

I still don't know why everyone says the riflemen buffs were uncalled for people were complaining about them being underwhelming on the forums all the time. Lowest alpha damage, easily outnumbered and ultimately outfought by vet 1 volks, (until USF tech rework) hampered by extremely slow teching for LVs or TWs, etc. People bitch about double BARs but weapon racks into BARs were necessary just to catch up to Stg VGs and even then they could push you off the field if you didn't go .50 cal... I feel like people completely forget the whole span of time where USF players were opening with literally anything but riflemen, be it REs, AEs or even Pathfinders.

Why people bitch about the Gren-Riflemen matchup all of a sudden is weird since the buff shouldn't even effect combat at Grenadier ranges but I guess it's another thing to complain about with regards to Ostheer. Jackson and Pack Howie are another subject entirely but also both require reworks more than hard nerfs just because of how they fit into the faction. To say Axis don't get that same treatment is to ignore the Panzergrenadier reworks, the absurd and stupid Fallschirmjaeger buffs, the Ostwind...

Very much agree Pershing needs to be looked at if the Tiger is though. Especially versus Ostheer.

No one said riflemen are UP, they are the best main line inf in the game and stomp axis main lines. The problem for USF before against OKW was, because of starting MP, OKW could badly outnumber and swarm USF with volks, so it didn't matter how much better riflemen were, volks out nubmered them on the field. Now volks got cost nerf, MP nerf and riflemen got buffed. OKW spiked early game, and USF spiked midgame with the officers with teching, yet they addressed OKW but not USF. You don't even have to get bars to fight STG volks, volks are far more reliant on ther STG's then riflemen are on bars and volks are the ones that need them to keep up with riflemen not the other way round. Once riflemen do upgrade to bars, they roflestomp volks but yh for u thats fine. 1 bar is a good as 2 stgs (if not better), and you could dual equip them too, to make it even more 1 sided.

The only reason OKW now is playable in 1v1 is because everyone is crutching on the tiger in grand offensive.

Regarding, the gren riflemen match up, yh, rifles stomped grens, now they stomp them harder so yes, it does effect the match up.

Agree with jackson and pack howie on re adjustment and not just straight nerfs.
27 Feb 2020, 01:10 AM

Lol another axis whiner escape from steam forums. Go cry over there. Some advice, play usf, git gud or just uninstall and play wc3.

Small patch team is working their ass to serve the large pool, be appreciative and wait for full patch. You guys are insane!

On more serious note. Axis factions are very solid with well balanced tech progression. You dont open holes while you choose your tech.

Ukf is not rapid buff. 1.2 just opens more options to a 1 dimensional faction. In fact the crocodile got heavy resource nerf. Oh dear biased patch team!

Pershing already suffered resource nerf too. It is by far weakest of the 3 call in and now is so expensive. Its low survivability and compounded by low range and in only 1 doctrine. Makes it virtually useless above 2v2. Furthermore, pak40 got hot buff to its tracking speed to kill Pershing.

Pak Howie complaints are getting stale. It is an expensive unit in usf roster that eats up already frail usf resources, and easily null by MOVING your weapon teams constantly. Lazy axis players dont get it...
27 Feb 2020, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2020, 20:06 PMFarlion
Communication from the balance team would go a long way to alleviate some of the concerns. It's utterly mindblowing Tigers and IS2 are getting nerfed but the Pershing is not getting touched.
agreed, but since some forums users I don't need to mention often if not always resort to some heavy duty whining, plus some others derailing through status quo and rhetoric arguments, they bully the balance discussions into low quality content. Numbing the ears given to the community by the patchers.

Even when they acknowledge the issues, the angry mob present every day is a bigger issue than the so called balance
27 Feb 2020, 02:53 AM

If your strategy barely gives you more than 60% winrate or even less, then you are the issue, not game balance. Speaking of 2v2+ ofc, but 5men grens and assault grens didnt seem weak at all in 1v1 so what are people crying about?

Looks like of the game modes that the two of you have that are comparable his stats are largely better than yours.
27 Feb 2020, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2020, 22:03 PMAlphrum
Clearly thers something going on with the decisions, when allied units are UP, they get straight up buffs (UKF), random unlcalled buffs for riflemen, random price decreases for the nades, then you have Over performing units like the Jackson, pack or pershing aoe? no changes.

When u have over performing axis units like the Tiger, Straight up triple nerf and under performing axis units? you get some crappy adjustments or trade offs, its getting ridiculous at this point

Sections are not really "buffed" they are still nerfed from their old RA and damage profile.

Just because they got given a minor 5 percent RA buff that nerfs them slightly less that's not a buff, they are still weaker.

And Tiger was nerfed alongside IS-2, tiger was just needed extra nerf because the main gun was doing extra damage than what the devs realized. Units lile the croc or avre weren't touched in stats because they're not OP like other heavies, yet they still got nerfed with timing. And for your info the sturmtiger actually got a buff.

So your logic of allied bias devs is groundless

27 Feb 2020, 03:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2020, 00:57 AMAlphrum

No one said riflemen are UP, they are the best main line inf in the game and stomp axis main lines. The problem for USF before against OKW was, because of starting MP, OKW could badly outnumber and swarm USF with volks, so it didn't matter how much better riflemen were, volks out nubmered them on the field. Now volks got cost nerf, MP nerf and riflemen got buffed. OKW spiked early game, and USF spiked midgame with the officers with teching, yet they addressed OKW but not USF. You don't even have to get bars to fight STG volks, volks are far more reliant on ther STG's then riflemen are on bars and volks are the ones that need them to keep up with riflemen not the other way round. Once riflemen do upgrade to bars, they roflestomp volks but yh for u thats fine. 1 bar is a good as 2 stgs (if not better), and you could dual equip them too, to make it even more 1 sided.

The only reason OKW now is playable in 1v1 is because everyone is crutching on the tiger in grand offensive.

Regarding, the gren riflemen match up, yh, rifles stomped grens, now they stomp them harder so yes, it does effect the match up.

Agree with jackson and pack howie on re adjustment and not just straight nerfs.

OKW have obers for the late game, which at vet 2 beat pretty much any infantry 1vs1, then they flat out turn godmode at late vet with suppression. If you spam Volks and expect volks to trade evenly vs full vet double BAR rifleman the issue is you.

Same with players crying about gren vs rifle matchup, try building some pgrens.
27 Feb 2020, 04:54 AM

You mean the patch when people played Recon Support to open with 3 IR pathfinders and then go LT before the 3CP Paratroopers and AT gun drop? Which then changed to the also broken Pack Howitzer drop when people finally realized how broken that thing was?

Yeah horrible time for usf. Absolutely unplayable.

No, I actually mean after Airborne got reworked and people tried to spam BARfinders. And to this day I still see people trying to open with Ass engie spam in 2v2.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2020, 00:57 AMAlphrum

No one said riflemen are UP

IIRC my very first post on this forums was on a thread complaining about riflemen and I remember reading threads about them even before that.

Tbh I think they deserved the buff, though I would have liked to rework them completely to have higher alpha damage at the cost of their current ROF. That they shit on Grens at close and mid range is fine by me, and a single BAR happens to cost the same as the double STG package for VGs so that's always been fine to me too, particularly since it has to be teched first. The part about doubling up is a problem that's inherent with weapon racks in general and part of why I don't like them. I don't like vehicle crews either. Both make balance more difficult and the game a lot more cheesy.
27 Feb 2020, 06:01 AM

Rifleman definitely deserve the buff and lowered nade teching.

Usf really only have rifles in the early game. Or they could go doctrine spamming.

I think ost players just have to play more micro with their mg42, reposition often. And get a 222 if usf chose to troll with their turbo LV.
27 Feb 2020, 08:03 AM

Sections are not really "buffed" they are still nerfed from their old RA and damage profile.

Just because they got given a minor 5 percent RA buff that nerfs them slightly less that's not a buff, they are still weaker.

Lee Enfield moving accuracy from 0.35 to 0.5...
27 Feb 2020, 09:27 AM

Sections are not really "buffed" ...
...tiger was just needed extra nerf because...
So your logic of allied bias devs is groundless

This is enough to spot a biased perspective, towards allied and of course not towards game balance.
Yup, red units OP, they deserve nerf.
No argument can hold such a bold statement: "AXIS OP"
27 Feb 2020, 10:06 AM

If your strategy barely gives you more than 60% winrate or even less, then you are the issue, not game balance. Speaking of 2v2+ ofc, but 5men grens and assault grens didnt seem weak at all in 1v1 so what are people crying about?
Are you for real? A 67% win rate is mediocre? In an Elo-system this is insane. I know that guy from the propagandacast and he is in the top 20 since years. Keeping a win ratio that high when you play against top tier players, arranged teams in RANDOM mode that is quite an achievement.

But let us just dismiss top axis players opinions on ost... lol.

Furthermore you yourself are referring to, doctrinal stuff ost has to rely on that is about to get nerfs. So that guys complaints about T IV being shit are justified.
27 Feb 2020, 10:51 AM

I think it would take a lot to overbuff the UKF. At the moment they are so direly miserable to play.

Unless you have a teammate with katyushas/Calliope then you are going to just get bullied by axis blobs.

Emplacements are pointless most of the time unless playing against the ai.

Don't get me wrong, they have some decent units. But the faction as a whole feels so.... unwieldy.
27 Feb 2020, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2020, 08:03 AMVipper

Lee Enfield moving accuracy from 0.35 to 0.5...

From my test games with the winter mod, I don't think UKF will be anywhere near the power level of USF and Soviets in 1v1 and to a lesser extend in 2v2. The basic problems of UKF will not change. They will still be very good against OKW on open long-range maps and will still suck against Wehrmacht in general and also suck vs OKW on maps with lots of shot-blockers like Kholodny, Elst, etc. I really don't think they will change that much.

4 Cons into T70 or USF rifle spam with Pak Howi + LV is still going to be way better than anything UKF can come up with.
27 Feb 2020, 11:15 AM

From my test games with the winter mod, I don't think UKF will be anywhere near the power level of USF and Soviets in 1v1 and to a lesser extend in 2v2. The basic problems of UKF will not change. They will still be very good against OKW on open long-range maps and will still suck against Wehrmacht in general and also suck vs OKW on maps with lots of shot-blockers like Kholodny, Elst, etc. I really don't think they will change that much.

4 Cons into T70 or USF rifle spam with Pak Howi + LV is still going to be way better than anything UKF can come up with.

And that is why OKW USF and Soviet need to be nerfed and not wer/UKF buffed...
27 Feb 2020, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2020, 11:15 AMVipper

And that is why OKW USF and Soviet need to be nerfed and not wer/UKF buffed...

Why would you nerf OKW at this point. They are already weaker than USF and Soviets. I actually find it easier to play vs OKW than Ostheer in 2v2. OKW is extremely predictable and can be beaten at their own game by simply out spamming and out blobbing them. The OKW Tiger was the only thing that made OKW good and now it's getting a quadruple nerf.

Not just that you can also endlessly bully OKW on linear maps by getting MG+sniper. Ostheer is way more versatile, unpredictable and capable of countering certain strategies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★