Login

russian armor

Ostheer Puma changes

21 Feb 2020, 09:53 AM

Just clone the requirements with the Valentine

No need for a massive redesign

Command P4 could use another buff on the aura, possibly a slight speed buff for surrounding vehicles to help with the blitzkrieg (which translates to lightning war)feel of the vehicle.

Ostruppen could be called in with rng captured weapons.
21 Feb 2020, 09:56 AM

+1 on the speed aura
21 Feb 2020, 09:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

To reduce the panicy nature of the ostheer puma, maybe instead of a call-in it should remain a buildable vehicle in T2 at CP5, but without the BP2 requirement.
Or take a step further and do something that no other doctrinal abilities do at the moment (if possible): the puma would be a side tech that can be unlocked in T2, similar to the british AEC. Basicly you spend some extra fuel to get access to pumas, but doing so delays the arrival of tanks for the ostheer player. This would bring some extra risk into picking and using pumas.

I think the additional tech would completely kill it. This makes yozr Puma really not worth the cost and since teching plus building could add a delay that does not make it worthwhile anymore to get it and rather go for the better scaling StuG. The Puma is a reaction unit, not something to build preemptively, so it should not become too gated behind time constraints. Then you would either spam Pumas or you don't buy them at all.
21 Feb 2020, 15:27 PM

Since there's a focus on making the Puma viable, how about making the King Tiger viable as well?

There's a lot of opinions on the matter, but I think everyone with few exceptions agrees that the KT is not perfectly balanced right now. At this point any change is welcome. I think any change the balance team thinks is good even if small could still make it to the final patch.
21 Feb 2020, 15:33 PM

Since there's a focus on making the Puma viable, how about making the King Tiger viable as well?

Have you missed the last patch?
You know, the one that buffed tremendously all heavies, KT including?

Make a thread for KT, this one is for Puma.
21 Feb 2020, 17:32 PM

There's a lot of opinions on the matter, but I think everyone with few exceptions agrees that the KT is not perfectly balanced right now. At this point any change is welcome. I think any change the balance team thinks is good even if small could still make it to the final patch.

This thread literally says "Ostheer Puma Changes." Why are you posting this in irrelevant threads?

Come on, Stormjager. Don't be IncendiaryRounds.
21 Feb 2020, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2020, 17:32 PMLago

This thread literally says "Ostheer Puma Changes." Why are you posting this in irrelevant threads?

Come on, Stormjager. Don't be IncendiaryRounds.

I literally said "Since there's a focus on making the Puma viable, how about making the King Tiger viable as well?". There doesn't need to be a discussion about it, I just mentioned it.
12 Apr 2020, 17:56 PM
Patrion 14

Just a quick revisit here now that the changes are out. I think at the very least, with Ost tech cost changes, the Puma should be reduced in fuel cost.

Make the Puma around 55 fuel. And then it may make sense to get if you get battle phase 3. It's the simplest solution to make something relevant in more scenarios.
12 Apr 2020, 18:25 PM

Just a quick revisit here now that the changes are out. I think at the very least, with Ost tech cost changes, the Puma should be reduced in fuel cost.

Make the Puma around 55 fuel. And then it may make sense to get if you get battle phase 3. It's the simplest solution to make something relevant in more scenarios.

You can't, Sander93 said no buffs because they fear mobile defense meta.

12 Apr 2020, 18:53 PM
Patrion 14

well, I didn't keep up with it, but I guess that makes sense to them. From my perspective, there is this gap in the Ost lineup that the puma fills in. We already know this and it's why mobi defense was so meta. I guess it's easier not to mess with it.
12 Apr 2020, 19:02 PM

If the Puma gets its CP cut any further, they should just make it nondoc and be done with it.

You can't put something that game changing in a doctrine and expect it not to take over the meta.
12 Apr 2020, 21:03 PM

Well tbf, if any player doesn't/didn't need Mobile Defense crutch, it's Luvnest, his positioning as Ostheer is that good.

That said, I'd like to see if any other top players will try Mobile Defense in the CoHrona tourney with good ol' light vehicle spam or as a comeback tool.
12 Apr 2020, 21:06 PM

Well tbf, if any player doesn't/didn't need Mobile Defense crutch, it's Luvnest, his positioning as Ostheer is that good.

That said, I'd like to see if any other top players will try Mobile Defense in the CoHrona tourney with good ol' light vehicle spam or as a comeback tool.

If heavies will continue to be meta despite the nerf, its a possibility.
Otherwise probably some other fotm will emerge.
13 Apr 2020, 06:30 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Would it really become meta again with the command P4 behind tech? It kinda shuts down t70s but it’s not like OST is running over soviets early game anyways.
13 Jun 2020, 12:04 PM

1) command puma callin with cooldown upon death
2) smoke drop instead of panzer tactician
3) change command p4 cuz its trash
4) idk why osttruppen are 2CP tho

PLS NERF VALENTINE :)
3 Aug 2020, 16:16 PM

I think instead of Puma(234-2) ac it should be replaced by 234-1 ac (the one with auto-cannon).
The 234-1 can the can then be upgraded to 234-2(Puma), similar to Coh1.
The reasons being :
1) Even with changes to the doctrine 5cp to unlock it imo too much and by that time it will be facing medium tank which it cannot fully match.
2) Puma itself with OST currently costs 270mp & 70fuel. By going for 234-1
and then upgrading to 234-2 would be a gradual investment, but more importantly
the unit will be having better impact as to 222 ac.

My suggestion:

1) Replace 234-2(Puma) with 234-1 ac, available at 2cp(I guess), buildable after T2 built or above.
2) C.PIV with Puma upgrade package , available at 4or5cp(I guess).

As for cost of 234-1 be 250mp & 50fuel and Puma upgrade be 70mp & 20fuel.(I guess?)
Total cost= 320mp & 70fuel similar to OKW Puma.

P.S: I am not a very good Coh2 player(noob) having less than 600hr of playing experience.
So, if my idea seems bad or impossible please feel free to discard this.
3 Aug 2020, 16:42 PM

@Admin: Post can be deleted!
3 Aug 2020, 16:43 PM

3 Aug 2020, 16:44 PM

I think instead of Puma(234-2) ac it should be replaced by 234-1 ac (the one with auto-cannon).
The 234-1 can the can then be upgraded to 234-2(Puma), similar to Coh1.
The reasons being :
1) Even with changes to the doctrine 5cp to unlock it imo too much and by that time it will be facing medium tank which it cannot fully match.
2) Puma itself with OST currently costs 270mp & 70fuel. By going for 234-1
and then upgrading to 234-2 would be a gradual investment, but more importantly
the unit will be having better impact as to 222 ac.

My suggestion:

1) Replace 234-2(Puma) with 234-1 ac, available at 2cp(I guess), buildable after T2 built or above.
2) C.PIV with Puma upgrade package , available at 4or5cp(I guess).

As for cost of 234-1 be 250mp & 50fuel and Puma upgrade be 70mp & 20fuel.(I guess?)
Total cost= 320mp & 70fuel similar to OKW Puma.

P.S: I am not a very good Coh2 player(noob) having less than 600hr of playing experience.
So, if my idea seems bad or impossible please feel free to discard this.

You've got more than enough experience. I've got 700 hours and managed to reach top 25 3v3 USF, currently 64th in 3v3 USF. Your idea might be worth considering. I see no fault in it.
Point being, always speak your mind if you have something constructive to say.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★