Login

russian armor

ost Fragmentation Bombs

10 Feb 2020, 00:21 AM

Fragmentation Bombs

The following changes are in order to make fragmentation bombs less effective at the edges of the map, where they can wipe team weapons without a chance to react, while keeping their potency intact in more central positions.

-Delay from 2 to 4
-Plane speed from 175 to 275

https://youtu.be/bHCZntDLfOA?t=2128

try 300/320 speed ? or 3.5 second delay ?
10 Feb 2020, 00:23 AM

Main goal was to make evading close to the edge possible - and that's a goal achieved.
10 Feb 2020, 00:25 AM

gj u added nothing to the point as always
10 Feb 2020, 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Like 0.5-1s difference? A small value increase might put it perfectly even.
10 Feb 2020, 17:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I see the point of the middle of the map being probably too slow, but the edge is still lethal to team weapons. Rope tested an infantry squad which moves instantly which is fine, but if there's a tear down time factored in the squad will probably still get wiped.
10 Feb 2020, 18:48 PM

i agreed this ability was/is a bit too strong but im afraid it will get overnerfed to uselessness, like railway arty :D, one has to be really carefull

espacailly since its one of the ostheer mains offmaps, a hard nerf will also hit ostheer as a whole no doubt, becouse on how represented this ability is in the game

the first vid, where it still hits slower in the middle of steppe seems kind of weird, espacially since other offmaps (rockets, USA mg support) arent touched
10 Feb 2020, 19:25 PM

I think the plane should be faster, maybe a little more delay to keep it safe at the edges
10 Feb 2020, 21:37 PM

Could widen the AOE a bit so it's less wipe or fail. More damage area to compensate but like a low damage, just so even in the middle of the map you get SOMETHING out of it,even if it's not a wipe
11 Feb 2020, 01:09 AM

Clusterbomb got slight nerf, this corresponding nerf seems to heavy hearted for the muni cost
11 Feb 2020, 16:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Well well well, what did I say about balance team always overnerfing Ost? And expect the balance team to do nothing about their mistake for ages.
11 Feb 2020, 19:54 PM

And expect the balance team to do nothing about their mistake for ages.

"Mistake for the ages?" The difference in the middle is tiny. All it needs is a very slight speed adjustment, stop exaggerating
12 Feb 2020, 00:43 AM

Permanently Banned

"Mistake for the ages?" The difference in the middle is tiny. All it needs is a very slight speed adjustment, stop exaggerating

"Stop exaggerating" is good advice that you need to follow. Also, I wrote mistake for ages. "The" ages means something entirely different.
12 Feb 2020, 01:12 AM

"Stop exaggerating" is good advice that you need to follow.

I said to speed up the plane a little. Where is the exaggerating?

Exaggerating would be something like claiming the modteam is biased against Ostheer just because you don't agree with them

Frag bomb "issue" just needs a minor tweak
12 Feb 2020, 13:31 PM

And this is the problem i have with the ability. I always thought the plane was too slow. Ofc this is lethal on edges. So are other plane attacks from all factions ingame. Why do they not get touched? Whats the reason?

This thing costs so much munition imo and can only be really useful on certain targets. I am okay with the delay, but the plane is moving way too slow.
12 Feb 2020, 15:47 PM

And this is the problem i have with the ability. I always thought the plane was too slow. Ofc this is lethal on edges. So are other plane attacks from all factions ingame. Why do they not get touched? Whats the reason?

This thing costs so much munition imo and can only be really useful on certain targets. I am okay with the delay, but the plane is moving way too slow.
nononits ok to not wipe at the edges but at least keep Ur words and keep their performance at the center of the map
12 Feb 2020, 16:00 PM

Maybe the muni cost needs to be looked at too, now.
12 Feb 2020, 19:54 PM

Maybe the muni cost needs to be looked at too, now.

Or you just adjust the speed a bit more to make it identical. This is a non issue that's easily resolved
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★