Login

russian armor

Are they not fixing heavies?

8 Feb 2020, 20:46 PM

This does not include scatter.

(list of damage values)

The proposed profile seems like a tradeoff relative to the Panzer IV rather than an improvement over it: much less wipey, but perhaps more consistent over several shots.

What's the case against just giving it the Panzer IV's AoE profile?
8 Feb 2020, 21:58 PM

No. Damage is set at 1 for near so it starts at 160 then degrades.

Thank you, I understand it better now.
9 Feb 2020, 03:44 AM

And Tiger still has more range and shoots much faster.

IS-2 also needs to be careful to not get TWP from multiple PaKs or hit teller.. hello? Grass is not always greener and if you want to come up with perfect scenarios to support your point, so can I.

And soviet doesnt have multiple ATg or mines or snares?

Hello? the 60Td is distinct advantage against Wehr unit. Thats what im pointing out you cant nerf Tiger range to IS2 without considering 60Td

Sorry i dont get your point.
10 Feb 2020, 03:36 AM
Patrion 14

I agree with some of the people on here that heavies are too efficient. It just makes sense in a game as dependent on multi-tasking, that heavies are preferred because they are singular powerful units that fulfill the job of multiple cheaper units.

In terms of changing them, why not make them assault units that have to be put at risk to get the most out of them? Instead of nerfing their weapons and armor, why not reduce their range to that of a normal tank (40), and reduce their speed to make them lumbering killing machines. Lowering their speed will make it easier to isolate and flank them, as well as make them more vulnerable when charging recklessly into enemy lines with no plan and no support.

I believe changes like this will make heavies feel a little more unique gameplay-wise, as well as letting them stay powerful against infantry and armor that get into their range. It will also allow their natural counters (TDs and ATGs) to have more of a chance standing up to them, and be a bit more deadly It may even allow for a slight nerfing of the TD meta that has partially led to the demise of mediums in game.
10 Feb 2020, 08:45 AM

In terms of changing them, why not make them assault units that have to be put at risk to get the most out of them? Instead of nerfing their weapons and armor, why not reduce their range to that of a normal tank (40), and reduce their speed to make them lumbering killing machines...

Because allied TDs would out-range a Tiger 20 and would be able hit and penetrate it with chance near to 100%. That would make Super heavies simply XP practice range for TDs.

The problem is not the performance of Super heavies alone but the performance of TDs at range 60.
10 Feb 2020, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 08:45 AMVipper
The problem is not the performance of Super heavies alone but the performance of TDs at range 60.

This must be the exact reason why heavies are being nerfed now and TDs stay untouched.
10 Feb 2020, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 09:04 AMKatitof

This must be the exact reason why heavies are being nerfed now and TDs stay untouched.

Heavy is not nerfed though, just delayed.

If any performance hit, then 60td should be similarly perf hit too. Imo. I agree with vipper as you see.

Also my personal advocating removal of Jackson pen and rof vet.
10 Feb 2020, 12:31 PM

the aoe bug fix and delay in timing (and maybe a price increase) should be enough of a nerf for the tiger. IS2 armour nerf is enough (along with the CP delay).

10 Feb 2020, 12:57 PM

oh yeah, did that get changed or something?

anyway then remove the scatter bonuses from Tiger and it should be fine :)

I don't think they ever had them. Veterancy scatter bonuses are quite rare for tanks. The only ones I know of off the top of my head that have it are the ISU-152, the Tigers and the OKW Panzer IV.
10 Feb 2020, 13:10 PM

ISU need to get less range when in AT mode. It is a lil bit too much that it can wipe squads on 70 range and switch mode to counter even panthers and heavies...on 70 range...in one unit.

10 Feb 2020, 15:35 PM

The OKW Tiger seems to be the worst offender, a lot has to do with the combo of fusis with it that give it sight and their on the move mobility/accuracy lets them flank support weapons easily+OKW OP commander artillery dump.
10 Feb 2020, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 15:35 PMReverb
The OKW Tiger seems to be the worst offender, a lot has to do with the combo of fusis with it that give it sight and their on the move mobility/accuracy lets them flank support weapons easily.

lol the worst wiping offenders are with isu and the Pershing.

Btw can someone tell me, do ost and OKW have the exact same tigers and what about the vet, are they the same too?
10 Feb 2020, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 16:04 PMAlphrum

Btw can someone tell me, do ost and OKW have the exact same tigers and what about the vet, are they the same too?

Pershing doesn't seem to be as cancerous as the OKW Tiger because it has less armor and HP, it doesn't have the OP arty dump where you just blob the tiger into AT gun positions, pop the arty so the AT guns are forced to reposition, whilst they are repositioning Fusis/STG Obers blob in and wreck them with their good/OP moving accuracy, then it's Tiger eating everything. ISU is pretty cancer but that is not universally applicable to all maps like the Tigers seem to be.

Maybe all heavies should have their HP reduced to something like 960, or increase their target size so they basically get hit every shot taken at them, it's pretty ridiculous the amount of times TDs will miss shots at Tigers. OKW Tiger Arty ability should be nerfed, locked behind vet 2 or something.
10 Feb 2020, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 16:04 PMAlphrum

No one is a a Tiger and other is a Command Tiger.

Panzer VI "Command Tiger"

10 Feb 2020, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 16:16 PMReverb

Pershing doesn't seem to be as cancerous as the OKW Tiger because it has less armor and HP, it doesn't have the OP arty dump where you just blob the tiger into AT gun positions, pop the arty so the AT guns are forced to reposition, whilst they are repositioning Fusis/STG Obers blob in and wreck them with their good/OP moving accuracy, then it's Tiger eating everything. ISU is pretty cancer but that is not universally applicable to all maps like the Tigers seem to be.

Maybe all heavies should have their HP reduced to something like 960, or increase their target size so they basically get hit every shot taken at them, it's pretty ridiculous the amount of times TDs will miss shots at Tigers. OKW Tiger Arty ability should be nerfed, locked behind vet 2 or something.

so u hav to bring the whole doc into play to prove the tiger is OP? lol k. btw that description sounds like a good use of combined arms, what else is the player suppose to do, attack 1 by 1?

Pershing has the same armour as the tiger (300 for both, correct me if im wrong) and only 80 less health (960 for Pershing and 1040 for tiger), so dont act as if Pershing is weak in terms of armour, you also have to look at the lack of 60 range TD's/ high pen for axis. Then, you have the main gun, Pershing absolutely demolishes squads, far more effectively then the tiger. If the pershing was in that OKW doc, it will be so much more cancer

edit- thx vipper for the correction on the pershing
10 Feb 2020, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 18:06 PMAlphrum

Pershing has the same armour as the tiger (300 for both, correct me if im wrong)...

As you wish.

M26 Pershing

With the requirement of tech, the Pershing has received a durability adjustment to improve its survivability. The unit now has more hitpoints, but has reduced frontal armor. The anti-infantry performance of its main gun has also been standardized with all other heavy tanks, although it will still deal the most damage.

Now requires Major Dispatched to be deployed
CP requirement to 9 from 13.
Armour from 300 to 270
Health from 800 to 960

AOE distance from 0.75/1.5/2.25 to 0.25/1.25/3.25
AOE damage from 1/0.4/0.2 to 0.75/0.375/0.175
Veterancy 3 reload from -50% to -30%
HVAP shot from 90 to 50 Munitions
10 Feb 2020, 23:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 09:56 AMmrgame2

Heavy is not nerfed though, just delayed.

If any performance hit, then 60td should be similarly perf hit too. Imo. I agree with vipper as you see.

Also my personal advocating removal of Jackson pen and rof vet.

Heavies are getting "nerfed/fixed".
11 Feb 2020, 01:07 AM

Heavies are getting "nerfed/fixed".

Ooh is that insider tips?
V1.1 still about delays.

If so, i guess axis is getting screwed again since mod team is insistence on not touching 60td.

11 Feb 2020, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 16:16 PMReverb

Sounds like a well coordinated assault. Perhaps you could learn from it instead of bitching about balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★