Login

russian armor

Are they not fixing heavies?

7 Feb 2020, 14:10 PM

yes, tiger and is2 can wipe sqauds, but the Pershing is the worst offender, and stop giving me this bs like it has low armour and low health, its still high for a tank.

All heavy tanks just need a delay
7 Feb 2020, 15:12 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

There will be some nerfs coming to the heavies.
We are still in WIP and discussing it. Alot of difference opionen
7 Feb 2020, 15:23 PM

yes, tiger and is2 can wipe sqauds, but the Pershing is the worst offender, and stop giving me this bs like it has low armour and low health, its still high for a tank.

All heavy tanks just need a delay

To be honest, they need their stats cut or their price raised too.

They're currently set up like they're a tier above medium tanks, but they share the same teching cost.

Imagine what'd happen if you let a doctrine put the OKW Panzer IV in Mechanized, and you've got the effect heavies have.

Currently, for the cost of two mediums tanks: they've got the anti-infantry power of two medium tanks, the health of two mediums stuck together, the AT power of a tank destroyer, and a shitload of armour on top of that. You get everything and more.

It's like they're equivalent to two Shermans and a Jackson, which is 365 Fuel.

I think the best solution is to slash their anti-infantry power down a ton. Their power should be in their durability.
7 Feb 2020, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 15:23 PMLago

Their power should be in their durability.

Lower base stat and increase vet bonuses might also help. The unit would become power after a player managed to vet them up.
7 Feb 2020, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 15:31 PMVipper

Lower base stat and increase vet bonuses might also help. The unit would become power after a player managed to vet them up.

The problem there is making them highly vet dependent encourages building them sooner. Heavy rushing is what we're trying to kill.
7 Feb 2020, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 15:23 PMLago

To be honest, they need their stats cut or their price raised too.

They're currently set up like they're a tier above medium tanks, but they share the same teching cost.

Imagine what'd happen if you let a doctrine put the OKW Panzer IV in Mechanized, and you've got the effect heavies have.

Currently, for the cost of two mediums tanks: they've got the anti-infantry power of two medium tanks, the health of two mediums stuck together, the AT power of a tank destroyer, and a shitload of armour on top of that. You get everything and more.

It's like they're equivalent to two Shermans and a Jackson, which is 365 Fuel.

I think the best solution is to slash their anti-infantry power down a ton. Their power should be in their durability.

then give them a flat out price increase. not a performance nerf, no one is guna want to spend 230+ fuel on a tank that doesn't perform well in AI and AT
7 Feb 2020, 16:22 PM

Tiger RoF with vet is certaintly scary. Theres a tightrope replay lately where a vet 5 one just drives around wiping everything with like 60 or 70kills. Unless you've got massed Jackson's and some crazy AEC and FF micro skills it's pretty hard to counter in team games.

KT is just kinda trash in comparison to vet command tiger, and that's simply down to inferior RoF and mobility. Stuff like armour and health mean very little, RoF is king. Hence why old vet 3 Pershing was a monster.

Honestly I have no issue with these tanks coming early if they weren't so crazy strong and mediums had a chance at penetrating more than half their shots. Right now you could charge a tiger with three Sherman's and still lose.
7 Feb 2020, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 16:15 PMLago

The problem there is making them highly vet dependent encourages building them sooner. Heavy rushing is what we're trying to kill.

Timing is adjusted by the CP/tech changes not performance.
7 Feb 2020, 17:27 PM

i had a tiger killing my schocks in 2 shots (1 shot then i retreated got them on the retreat), so does the is2 with grens, the problem is the tiger gets much higher rof with vet making him capable of landing more shots in then the is2, making him overall better then the is2 (against inf).

Sqad size doesnt really matter that much against heavies becouse of sqad bunching etc.

This is not even due to misplay, you sit in green cover bunched , see the heavy retreat close together and get wiped. Thats why the tiger seems oppresive since in can get more shots in then the is2

Edit: If the is2 gets his YOLO armor nerf, so should the tiger be looked at, since its vet doesnt fit in well with the changes + it has lower vet requirements than the is2, for no apparent reason, while having higher damage output

The Tiger has 300, How low do you want it to be, it seems like you allied fanboy's won't be satisfied until you can pen everything with 200 mp at guns from a range of 120.
Let's just give all axis armor 40 armor caus allied fanboy juat want it there way. Then fucking first nerf all your infantry.
7 Feb 2020, 18:08 PM

The Tiger has 300, How low do you want it to be, it seems like you allied fanboy's won't be satisfied until you can pen everything with 200 mp at guns from a range of 120.
Let's just give all axis armor 40 armor caus allied fanboy juat want it there way. Then fucking first nerf all your infantry.

XD is2 gets armor nerf, and i would suggest nerfing tigers ROF or at least increasing vet requirements. I didnt mention tiger armor nerf at all..., its armor is fine

BTW check my stats and rethink before you call me a allied fanboy :)
7 Feb 2020, 18:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Tiger's main gun might also be bugged in live as it has a greater OHK radius than it should have. If the editor is correct, its AOE distance is 1/1.5/3 rather than 0.25/1.5/3 which might explains its more chances of killing people.

:huhsign:

:rolleyes:

:ph34r:
7 Feb 2020, 19:35 PM

You see the problem with full tech requirement would be that IS2 would only be delayed by 10 fuel and the rest would be delayed by 60-70 fuel. Which is not consistent + IS2 is the most power full of all the heavies right now so...... Yeah would not be fair to anyone.

I think the IS-2 and KV-2 should require all-tiers and Molo's and AT Nades to be teched in order to build them. If that isn't enough to delay the timing then worst case maybe you even require the 7-man upgrade but I don't think that would even be needed honestly.
7 Feb 2020, 19:36 PM

XD is2 gets armor nerf, and i would suggest nerfing tigers ROF or at least increasing vet requirements. I didnt mention tiger armor nerf at all..., its armor is fine

BTW check my stats and rethink before you call me a allied fanboy :)

Anyone can be fanboy. Fanboyism is in the heart not the hands. Stats don't prove anything.
7 Feb 2020, 19:39 PM

I think the IS-2 and KV-2 should require all-tiers and Molo's and AT Nades to be teched in order to build them. If that isn't enough to delay the timing then worst case maybe you even require the 7-man upgrade but I don't think that would even be needed honestly.

Here is the thing, By the time you see IS2 in game if your sov opponent is going cons they certainly have both molies and at nades(these 2 are 10 fuel each) well before they have t70. Which if IS2 seems fast now 10 fuel isn't gonna make it come any slower.
7 Feb 2020, 19:40 PM

Anyone can be fanboy. Fanboyism is in the heart not the hands. Stats don't prove anything.

Yes everyone who wants a Tiger nerf is clearly an Allied-Fanboy.

:clap:
7 Feb 2020, 19:43 PM

Here is the thing, By the time you see IS2 in game if your sov opponent is going cons they certainly have both molies and at nades(these 2 are 10 fuel each) well before they have t70. Which if IS2 seems fast now 10 fuel isn't gonna make it come any slower.

That is also why Mobilized Reserves could be an additional tech cost, I feel like the 7-man upgrade in its current state shouldn't be given for free when you go Tier 4.
7 Feb 2020, 19:45 PM

Yes everyone who wants a Tiger nerf is clearly an Allied-Fanboy.

:clap:

Yes, Cus All Heavis are OP not Just the Tiger. So if you wan't a nerf for Tiger only,then they are a fan boy.
**ohhh.. BUT THE IS2 GOT IT'S ARMOR NERFED TO 340 FROM 375 which gives stugs a pen boost of 46% to 50%(panther 53% to 59% both max range) which hardly is any different.
7 Feb 2020, 19:48 PM

Yes, Cus All Heavis are OP not Just the Tiger. So if you wan't a nerf for Tiger only,then they are a fan boy.
**ohhh.. BUT THE IS2 GOT IT'S ARMOR NERFED TO 340 FROM 375 which gives stugs a pen boost of 46% to 50%(panther 53% to 59% both max range) which hardly is any different.

blvckdream is often trolling, don't take him so seriously.
7 Feb 2020, 19:49 PM

That is also why Mobilized Reserves could be an additional tech cost, I feel like the 7-man upgrade in its current state shouldn't be given for free when you go Tier 4.

Here'a good question. That like asking for player to spend resources on stuff they might not need. If you went penals neither molly, at nades, mob reserve does anything. Delaying the thing is fine but why lock it behind potentially unnecessary side tech.
7 Feb 2020, 19:50 PM

blvckdream is often trolling, don't take him so seriously.

Yeah.. but I'm trolling too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment