Login

russian armor

Undeniable Easy Eight problem.

PAGES (7)down
11 Feb 2020, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 00:17 AMSerrith
If I were to suggest buffs to the e8-though I think it's generally fine as is, I'd say bring its HP from 720 to 800 to bring it more inline with other premium meds and give it 45 range so that it isnt as easily kited by Panthers and stugs.
This may warrant a 5 fuel cost increase.

The extra range may be sufficient to distinguish it from other sherman variants.

Bluffs +3
Nerfs 0.5?(5 fuel is worth 5 seconds of waiting)

Yeah because balance
11 Feb 2020, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 00:37 AMSerrith

The HP buff is primarily useful as it will allow the e8 to take a faust without reducing the number of tank shots to kill it. It's not a substantial buff since it already takes 5 shots to kill from most tanks and this would not change that.

This is an inappropriate buff to the panzer 4.

The 5 range is to distinguish it from other sherman variants and help a little with its matchup against the panther. Neither of these buffs is that substantial given the stats and role it already possess.

With the StuG, I actually think an extra 5 range wouldnt be that bad an idea and I've advocated it for a while. Either that or a slight price reduction.

The OKW p4 is fine as is with its superior scatter vs infantry over most other mediums.
yes and u give it 5 fuel increase :snfPeter:
11 Feb 2020, 03:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 00:37 AMSerrith

The HP buff is primarily useful as it will allow the e8 to take a faust without reducing the number of tank shots to kill it. It's not a substantial buff since it already takes 5 shots to kill from most tanks and this would not change that.

This is an inappropriate buff to the panzer 4.

The 5 range is to distinguish it from other sherman variants and help a little with its matchup against the panther. Neither of these buffs is that substantial given the stats and role it already possess.

With the StuG, I actually think an extra 5 range wouldnt be that bad an idea and I've advocated it for a while. Either that or a slight price reduction.

The OKW p4 is fine as is with its superior scatter vs infantry over most other mediums.

Doesn't the better armour more health and better moving accuracy already distinguish it among the other shermans? It doesn't need to be the undisputed best tank in the game to be distinguished. Compare its stats with the t34/85 which unanimously agreed gives great value and you will see the E8 is fine, it's the lack luster commander that sinks it... That and the lack of need for a brawler when you have a durable mobile tank sniper....
11 Feb 2020, 04:17 AM

Bluffs +3
Nerfs 0.5?(5 fuel is worth 5 seconds of waiting)

Yeah because balance

The HP buff is negligible because it doesn't change the shots to kill from an anti tank gun or standard tank.
The range buff is a minor utility buff that is meant to put the e8 into a similar niche as the comet albeit on a smaller scale.

Doesn't the better armour more health and better moving accuracy already distinguish it among the other shermans? It doesn't need to be the undisputed best tank in the game to be distinguished. Compare its stats with the t34/85 which unanimously agreed gives great value and you will see the E8 is fine, it's the lack luster commander that sinks it... That and the lack of need for a brawler when you have a durable mobile tank sniper....

The HP buff is negligible because it doesn't change the shots to kill from an anti tank gun or standard tank.
The range change is a minor utility buff that is meant to put the e8 into a similar niche as the comet albeit on a smaller scale.

I also agree the e8 is fine. However IF I were to buff it, those would be the buffs I would give. A rate of fire increase would encroach too much on the M4(76) territory and an AI increase would see it take over the AI role from the M4a3.

The ones I suggested would take the e8 in a different direction then the other shermans.
11 Feb 2020, 05:11 AM

Test forgot Fight Infantry Blob
OKW P4 can eat Infantry Blob easy because High Front Armor (234) when Zook PLAT PTRS have low pen than Schreck
When E8 have Front Armor 215 and need some RNG god Blessing for deal with schreck
----------------
E8 fine but USF Rifle company have lacking power for Survive before
E8 Arrive
11 Feb 2020, 08:28 AM

can we do the same for okw p4 ? if ti's just 5 fuel :romeoHype::romeoHype:

hell stug too

Let’s give the StuGG 15 range, 30 pen and 20% rate of fire.

Hmmmm, maybe 10 fuel extra is fair? Nah too much. 5 extra fuel.

Making fun of rational demands put you guys as a persons who dont like proper discussion.And You guys always pop out when somebody want improvements on USF.Just USF. Why ?. İ am not from US by the way.Just curious.
11 Feb 2020, 09:39 AM

You guys always pop out when somebody want improvements on USF.Just USF. Why ?. İ am not from US by the way.Just curious.

The usual “you’re biased” argument is evolving into full blown racism. What’s next? If you don’t agree with usf buffs you’re a neo-Nazi?

It’s not even true, I’ve been campaigning for vet 0 riflemen snares once Major is out and for some means of countering snipers, but why let that get in the way of a bad argument, right? Not like USF had a high win rate in the tournament.
11 Feb 2020, 09:47 AM

Making fun of rational demands put you guys as a persons who dont like proper discussion.And You guys always pop out when somebody want improvements on USF.Just USF. Why ?. İ am not from US by the way.Just curious.
ok let's get this straight u think a 5 range increase and 80 more hp are worth 5 fuel only?
11 Feb 2020, 11:08 AM

ok let's get this straight u think a 5 range increase and 80 more hp are worth 5 fuel only?

There are buff without even price increase. If you believe the Ez8 isn't performing correctly, then asking for buff with a minimum price increase isn't something out of mind.
11 Feb 2020, 11:43 AM

The usual “you’re biased” argument is evolving into full blown racism. What’s next? If you don’t agree with usf buffs you’re a neo-Nazi?

It’s not even true, I’ve been campaigning for vet 0 riflemen snares once Major is out and for some means of countering snipers, but why let that get in the way of a bad argument, right? Not like USF had a high win rate in the tournament.

Full blown racism ? LOL. People dont agree on usf buffs doesn't mean they are neo-nazi. İ didnt even say ''neo-nazi''. That your words. You get triggered by normal conversation. But there is a much hidden bias aganist USF in this community. Most of the people who play Coh2 is dont want good even fight between two asymmetrical designed factions.They just want axis wunderwaffes crushing Allies.
İ dont want allies bias. But i want fair good fight who play better can win. Hope you understand me well.
11 Feb 2020, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 13:54 PMwongtp
because

2) USF lack of non doctrinal arty(which brings us to crappy doctrine argument). i am not speaking for 1v1s but team games because i do not have experience in 1v1s. paks/raketen/infantry AT support will deter any diving strategies and AT gun wall creep will ultimately zone out E8s who does not have the frontal armor to resist multiple pak shots and must pull out of range in order to survive.

of course the USF player can do the same and cause a stalemate. but the hardest counter to AT gun walls and infantry support is rocket artillery, which axis factions have no problems getting regardless of whichever doctrine they choose as it is non doctrinal for them and will eventually bomb the hell out of USF player before continuing the AT gun crawl/panther or p4 push. in such cases, the E8 left alone will easily be destroyed by combined arms. And of course the USF player can call for allies to support him. but more often than not, rocket artillery may not be always available to support USF as his own allies will need to bomb their own opponents.

therefore, the simplest and most effective solution for USF is to pick jacksons+sherman combo which are both non-doctrinal, allowing USF to choose a doctrine that provides decent artillery (priest/calliope) and be able to punch back in the indirect fire game without stressing his own teammates.

This
11 Feb 2020, 12:26 PM

E8 doc is ok, just not top tier and thats totally fine.
The E8 itself gets overshadowed by the stronger and cheaper 76mm sherman or bulldozer, thats the main issue imo.
Either lower its cost abit or buff ai abit. i dont think it needs a big change, a small tweak should do it.
11 Feb 2020, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 11:08 AMEsxile

There are buff without even price increase. If you believe the Ez8 isn't performing correctly, then asking for buff with a minimum price increase isn't something out of mind.
just for some context, stug is under performing now , and when it was asked ot do a rework and increase the range by 5 (no hp)
it was asked to : increase the price to 110 fuel, decrease rate of fire by 25% and decraese mobility

while here we say "easy 8 beating okw p 4 easily for the same price is not good enough, increase the range and hp and give it 5 extra fuel"

:snfPeter:
11 Feb 2020, 12:50 PM

E8 doc is ok, just not top tier and thats totally fine.
The E8 itself gets overshadowed by the stronger and cheaper 76mm sherman or bulldozer, thats the main issue imo.
Either lower its cost abit or buff ai abit. i dont think it needs a big change, a small tweak should do it.
in what ?
11 Feb 2020, 13:13 PM

76mm with its ap rounds is alot more consistent vs tanks and bulldozer or even the normal sherman have better ai with their HE shells. On top of the bulldozer armor that makes it very strong against pumas.
Not to mention, that all these sherman variants are cheaper too.

E8s are supposed to be premium mediums but specially in the current tiger rush meta, thers no room for them.
Instead of double E8 youre better of with a sherman for ai and jackson support
11 Feb 2020, 14:53 PM

If you need any AT at all you are Better off with a Jackson regardless of meta. Even if heavy meta went away right now the E8 wouldn't be anymore meta than it is right now.
11 Feb 2020, 14:56 PM

Instead of double E8 youre better of with a sherman for ai and jackson support

Simple solution. Remove HE from Sherman and reduce the penetration of M36 and then there is going to be reason to use other USF units...
11 Feb 2020, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 14:56 PMVipper

Simple solution. Remove HE from Sherman and reduce the penetration of M36 and then the is going to be reason to use other USF units...

Then reduce panthers pen and RoF and reduce P4s pen, so StuG and JP4 will see more use.
11 Feb 2020, 15:02 PM

just for some context, stug is under performing now , and when it was asked ot do a rework and increase the range by 5 (no hp)
it was asked to : increase the price to 110 fuel, decrease rate of fire by 25% and decraese mobility

while here we say "easy 8 beating okw p 4 easily for the same price is not good enough, increase the range and hp and give it 5 extra fuel"

:snfPeter:

Oh so your post was just pure troll.
11 Feb 2020, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2020, 04:37 AMwongtp
I will say it again, because of panthers, E8 turns into a defensive tank, cant 1v1 panthers without putting it at risk.

What E8 lacks is proper army support. Lacking in rockey artillery to blast paks/rakaten/pak88s, so E8 can have a better chance against panthers.

A fix for this would be to buff officers capabilities through its doctrine. Have an ability to buff major's direct combat. Buff it to 6man with body guards, turn him into a capable squad with quick barrage to counter set up teams and a heavy 105mm barrage that can reliably take out pak88s and field guns

The doctrine is bad and hangs on E8 to carry it late game. Which E8 is absolutely incapable of doing, again, because panthers can stop dead an E8 push.

E8 may look decent against panthers on paper but throw in support teams, infantry support on both sides. Its far riskier and much more difficult to pull off a victory for USF.

Yeah and they still kept nerfing scotts\pak howitzers even when USF has no stock rocket arty option
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS