Login

russian armor

Zero reason why the Infrared HT should have this much health

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
29 Jan 2020, 16:22 PM

Unless it's health has been nerfed, it's still more durable than Katyusha and Panzerwerfer. Which it should not.
29 Jan 2020, 16:35 PM

In other word IRHT should have 160 HP less than kubel.

That is simply a NO.
29 Jan 2020, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2020, 16:22 PMDomine
Unless it's health has been nerfed, it's still more durable than Katyusha and Panzerwerfer. Which it should not.
it has same health as the 250 or the m 50
but it has no weapon and can't reinforce

should we nerf those too ?
29 Jan 2020, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reason: there is no need for artillery units to remain in the frontline once they use their barrage.

IRHT is a HT which needs to remain in the frontline to get value out of it's vision.

29 Jan 2020, 19:17 PM

Reason: there is no need for artillery units to remain in the frontline once they use their barrage.

IRHT is a HT which needs to remain in the frontline to get value out of it's vision.

right now u would need a miracle to get any value from it if the kubel does it's job better
29 Jan 2020, 19:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

right now u would need a miracle to get any value from it if the kubel does it's job better

U already know what my opinion is in the current version. IF not, i've already said that the vision range should had started at 120 with no cost increase and then scale down if necessary.
29 Jan 2020, 21:51 PM

If only 160 HP,it should have 120m sight
30 Jan 2020, 00:58 AM

Or you know... Eyes. Eyes will help you get value from it. I fail to see how knowing exactly where the enemy set up their mg, are pushing or healing or laying mines or building or literally all the actions a player can do that the uhu let's you see doesn't count as generating value. Information is value. If you are unable to make use of that information doesn't making being able to get it less valuable.
30 Jan 2020, 09:26 AM

Or you know... Eyes. Eyes will help you get value from it. I fail to see how knowing exactly where the enemy set up their mg, are pushing or healing or laying mines or building or literally all the actions a player can do that the uhu let's you see doesn't count as generating value. Information is value. If you are unable to make use of that information doesn't making being able to get it less valuable.

Well currently IR HT has 35 vision kubel has 50. IR HT get will get cone vision when stationary but the advantage over kubel is only 20 units.

As for the ability detection it cost munition while Kubel gets a toggle one.

It hard to explain the difference in costs of the 2 units.
30 Jan 2020, 09:33 AM

U already know what my opinion is in the current version. IF not, i've already said that the vision range should had started at 120 with no cost increase and then scale down if necessary.

You can't honestly expect a 200mp/5fu stock unit to have 120 direct sight range ??
That's half of most maps' actual playing field, that would be completely overpowered.

For example on Crossroads it would be able to spot as far as into the enemy base from a relatively safe position behind friendly lines:
30 Jan 2020, 09:57 AM

You can't honestly expect a 200mp/5fu stock unit to have 120 direct sight range ??

200/10

That's half of most maps' actual playing field, that would be completely overpowered.

For example on Crossroads it would be able to spot as far as into the enemy from a relatively safe position behind friendly lines:

Although I agree that 120 might be too much how I do not see why one could not try making the sight bonus a "timed ability". In addition I do not see why a SU-85 can get more vision than IR HT and use trucking on top of that.

In addition a "recon" vehicle should have normal sight above 35.
30 Jan 2020, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 09:57 AMVipper
200/10

No, I was responding to elchino7's comment that the price should've remained 200mp/5fu:

i've already said that the vision range should had started at 120 with no cost increase and then scale down if necessary.
30 Jan 2020, 10:07 AM

No, I was responding to elchino7's comment that the price should've remained 200mp/5fu:

My bad, and i do agree that 120 vision 200/5 fuel would be problematic. On the other hand 70 vision 200/10 is also problematic.
30 Jan 2020, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For example on Crossroads it would be able to spot as far as into the enemy base from a relatively safe position behind friendly lines:

For a unit that occupies a slot in tech, has no combat capability and has a popcap attached to it, yes. I also don't consider the IR HT really a 1v1 unit at all. I'm not sure if it was banned from the last global tournament but it is not frequent to see it in 1v1 maps, which would benefit the most from the whole range.

That is why i said that you could just scale down the unit. Ideally you would replicate the beam like vision without the X-ray but as that it's not possible, you could just lower down the angle of cone vision and increase setup time.

I don't expect the unit to remain at 200mp/5f with wide constant 120 view to go live as is. But it would be far easier to scale down from there, keep it strong without been oppressive at certain degree and then give it a proper cost-weakness from there.
30 Jan 2020, 17:04 PM

Don't forget that with the IR HT change, OKW is losing its ability to uncloak snipers/commandos. This was especially important in 2v2 games with an OST teammate to counter snipe.

Please keep that in mind when designing the new ability as this 'detection' one will never be used. I suggest giving it a recon similar to the brit command vehicle, with same/similar cost.
30 Jan 2020, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 17:04 PMSully
Don't forget that with the IR HT change, OKW is losing its ability to uncloak snipers/commandos. This was especially important in 2v2 games with an OST teammate to counter snipe.

It wasn't a good argument, when brits lost their version, its bad argument now.
Plus, each faction has light vehicle capable of scouting for snipers. Kubel is particularly good for this at vet1.

30 Jan 2020, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 17:16 PMKatitof

It wasn't a good argument, when brits lost their version, its bad argument now.
Plus, each faction has light vehicle capable of scouting for snipers. Kubel is particularly good for this at vet1.

Nope, Brits still retain the recon ability from the command vehicle, and they now have a stock single pass recon from the new air landing officer.

Try harder.
30 Jan 2020, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 17:39 PMSully

Nope, Brits still retain the recon ability from the command vehicle, and they now have a stock single pass recon from the new air landing officer.

Try harder.

Are you aware of Valentine?
Are you aware it had same vision as former UHU, but with shorter range and wider cone at first?

Also, command vehicle recon:
-had increased CD
-had slapped muni cost for it
-can't be used on UC, you have to sacrifice AEC at the very least, making it that much more expensive

Lastly, constant, wide cone vision >>> narrow single pass plane on long CD.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS