Login

russian armor

Zero reason why the Infrared HT should have this much health

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
31 Jan 2020, 17:41 PM

...why not give the IRHT the ability to reinforce?...

OKW aggressive design is a problem here. OST has 251 because of team weapons, SU has HT because of versatility aswell.

Feuerstrum has the opel truck and its very cost efficient now that can heal and reinforce. It is possible to steamroll allied with a couple of volk squads + mg + opel
1 Feb 2020, 20:36 PM

Reason: there is no need for artillery units to remain in the frontline once they use their barrage.

IRHT is a HT which needs to remain in the frontline to get value out of it's vision.

The problem I have with this reasoning is that the Infrared HT is a variable reward, but ZERO risk unit.

I see how the unit is useful, and it's not a super overpowered one. But I dislike the fact that there is essentially zero risk involved in it's use. Plop it down behind some cover near and you're fine. I think that is bad game design, as risk and reward should balance each other out.

One could give it other uses, for sure. But as it stands, it really is just a nobrainer. 5 fuel? Come on now.

With units like the valentine, for example, not only is there risk involved, but they do infer a cost by higher popcap if they are forgotten/not used well.
1 Feb 2020, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 20:36 PMDomine

The problem I have with this reasoning is that the Infrared HT is a variable reward, but ZERO risk unit.

I see how the unit is useful, and it's not a super overpowered one. But I dislike the fact that there is essentially zero risk involved in it's use. Plop it down behind some cover near and you're fine. I think that is bad game design, as risk and reward should balance each other out.

One could give it other uses, for sure. But as it stands, it really is just a nobrainer. 5 fuel? Come on now.

With units like the valentine, for example, not only is there risk involved, but they do infer a cost by higher popcap if they are forgotten/not used well.
dude it can't see through cover anymore , did u read the patch ?
1 Feb 2020, 21:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

dude it can't see through cover anymore , did u read the patch ?

It's clear he doesn't know the unit is getting nerfed.
4 Feb 2020, 07:06 AM

Im good with IRHT can see through cover. Without able to see through, its really useless in urban map that IRHT designed to give you info to go for flanking.

But they need to fix that team mates not able to see what IRHT show. Force IRHT player to communicate to give team mates info what they see
5 Feb 2020, 05:07 AM

It's clear he doesn't know the unit is getting nerfed.

Well I sure feel stupid now. I could've sworn last time I've used it it still did see through cover. Delete this thread then.

Thank you for the nice and civil discussion :)
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United Kingdom 150
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %