Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
30 Jan 2020, 21:31 PM

Lol no it isn't. US m1 is only better after spending 30 Muni? And it's in a 35 fuel tier?
be aware of what u say, obver are in a 200 fu tier but are still mediocre for the price
30 Jan 2020, 21:32 PM

so yeah having Raketenwerfer in T0 is better than having M1 tied to Captain but it's irrelevant in 90% of games because as I said Captain is meta.

I only bring it up because it's tech location + Muni requirement mean that it is far away from being "cheaper" than Rak. I need to spend fuel to unlock it and I need to spend Muni to make it work/have those bonus stats you mentioned

20mp more expensive for initial cost is nothing compared to that. That's all I'm saying
30 Jan 2020, 21:34 PM

be aware of what u say, obver are in a 200 fu tier but are still mediocre for the price

Do you see me comparing "Obvers" to a tier 0 infantry squad? Can you please learn to read context? Instead of just randomly blurting out crap?
30 Jan 2020, 21:39 PM

Do you see me comparing "Obvers" to a tier 0 infantry squad? Can you please learn to read context? Instead of just randomly blurting out crap?
what i mean is that tier cost exist mostly for timing if it had much performance value ober would crap on all other elite inf at all ranges counting the cost

pupchen is tier 0 cause they have late fausts
30 Jan 2020, 21:46 PM

what i mean is that tier cost exist mostly for timing if it had much performance value ober would crap on all other elite inf at all ranges counting the cost

And no one said the 57mm should be better because of its tech location. Literally all I said was it's not cheaper, and that's mostly cause of muni

You can't list it's better performance than Rak and it's vet 1 ability, while also saying Rak is cheaper. Those things cost muni. This is literally the only point I am making, please read context
30 Jan 2020, 22:10 PM

Does the vet1 camo for the raken cost muni and last only 30-40 seconds? Stugen amo cost muni, pak snipe shot cost muni, Zis barrage cost muni and I don't know what brit does have on their 6p. 5th men is there to compensate the lack of shield and I see it pretty much ok today.

I think all Atguns are pretty much equal today with specific stats and bonus. Problem is more about USF late game lacking of decent team weapon counter. We've seen a lot of complaint recently about the scott. But the scott isn't a team weapon counter, it works better vs mainline infantry. I don't know how USF could get a stock saturation's barrage unit able to kill/force retreat what it aims at like the Pzf or Katy.
Major's barrage is not enough today or it should be from the start powerful as if vet3 and with a damn bigger range. Second problem is you can only have one and you need it for FRP on team game or plane reco and last but not least: barrage cost ammo.

Well in fact, I know how, just swap Scott and Calliope but I'm not sure Mod team will be able to.

Or simply remove raketen retreat button to solve at least his issue.
30 Jan 2020, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 22:10 PMEsxile
Does the vet1 camo for the raken cost muni and last only 30-40 seconds? Stugen amo cost muni, pak snipe shot cost muni, Zis barrage cost muni and I don't know what brit does have on their 6p. 5th men is there to compensate the lack of shield and I see it pretty much ok today.

I think all Atguns are pretty much equal today with specific stats and bonus. Problem is more about USF late game lacking of decent team weapon counter. We've seen a lot of complaint recently about the scott. But the scott isn't a team weapon counter, it works better vs mainline infantry. I don't know how USF could get a stock saturation's barrage unit able to kill/force retreat what it aims at like the Pzf or Katy.
Major's barrage is not enough today or it should be from the start powerful as if vet3 and with a damn bigger range. Second problem is you can only have one and you need it for FRP on team game or plane reco and last but not least: barrage cost ammo.

Well in fact, I know how, just swap Scott and Calliope but I'm not sure Mod team will be able to.

Reworking the Pack Howie into a more powerful or at least responsive barrage-only unit would satisfy this while also 'nerfing' the Pack Howie.
30 Jan 2020, 22:36 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Major's barrage is not enough today or it should be from the start powerful as if vet3 and with a damn bigger range.

I'll take a pass on free squad with 60 muni actually good arty ability from vet 0

a.k.a. no
30 Jan 2020, 22:57 PM

Major's barrage is not enough today or it should be from the start powerful as if vet3 and with a damn bigger range.

It's pretty good at vet 0, idk why you think it isn't

And it improves at vet 2, not vet 3. Vet 3 is sprint and territory lockdown
31 Jan 2020, 00:46 AM

Please, nerf all mortars!

Seriously, team games are so cancer when every stray mortar keep taking 50% of MOVING infantry all the time, meaning flanking is useless and even dangerous since your squad that moved behind lines now have to retreat through everyone while low health.

And light howitzers are cancer in 1v1 pretty much making MGs useless.
31 Jan 2020, 07:44 AM

It's pretty good at vet 0, idk why you think it isn't

And it improves at vet 2, not vet 3. Vet 3 is sprint and territory lockdown

Yes vet2, my mistake. Because its an offmap with flares and a time to delivery quite long which is pretty much balanced for an offmap but nothing close to useful as a saturation rocket barrage. And its on a super squishy unit. And you can't call it in the fog of war.

So yes, as an offmap it does the job for the cost but that's nothing close to what does rocket arty units.
31 Jan 2020, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 07:44 AMEsxile

So yes, as an offmap it does the job for the cost but that's nothing close to what does rocket arty units.

I don't disagree but it's still really good for what your pay for it

I also don't think any faction has a unit like the Scott, which is really strong in it's own way
31 Jan 2020, 07:52 AM

I don't disagree but it's still really good for what your pay for it

I also don't think any faction has a unit like the Scott, which is really strong in it's own way

Heard about Brumbar? :D

But that's irrelevant, Scott overlap with Sherman AI shells, not rocket arty. And the initial point was the difficulty for USF to deal with 5 men raketen, they are almost impossible to decrew unless lucky tank shell.
31 Jan 2020, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 07:52 AMEsxile

But that's irrelevant, Scott overlap with Sherman AI shells, not rocket arty. And the initial point was the difficulty for USF to deal with 5 men raketen, they are almost impossible to decrew unless lucky tank shell.

Brumbarr really isnt like the scott at all. Much shorter range and relies on health and armor

Scott has nearly twice the range, lower health and great mobility. And it can deal with raks very well actually, the barrage outranges raks plenty
31 Jan 2020, 08:22 AM

Brumbarr really isnt like the scott at all. Much shorter range and relies on health and armor

Scott has nearly twice the range, lower health and great mobility. And it can deal with raks very well actually, the barrage outranges raks plenty

Be our guess and show us a scott taking down a TW unit with its barrage. From my personal experience I tend to insta retreat any TW squad when a Brum is targeting it, when its a Scott it all depend on if its shell are actually hitting the squad or not which is in many cases not. Scott barrage is great to soften a defense but unless some luck is involved, not to kill or force insta retreat.
And my understanding is it how it should work, Scott is a soft counter / sniper unit. Not a squad killer and balance team made sure of it with the many modifications it received in the past to not let it wipe squads in two shots.
31 Jan 2020, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 08:22 AMEsxile

Be our guess and show us a scott taking down a TW unit with its barrage. From my personal experience I tend to insta retreat any TW squad when a Brum is targeting it, when its a Scott it all depend on if its shell are actually hitting the squad or not which is in many cases not. Scott barrage is great to soften a defense but unless some luck is involved, not to kill or force insta retreat.
And my understanding is it how it should work, Scott is a soft counter / sniper unit. Not a squad killer and balance team made sure of it with the many modifications it received in the past to not let it wipe squads in two shots.

I literally said its not like the brumbarr. Yeah the brumbarr is more threatening, it also has to get in your face to fire

Scott also costs like half the fuel
31 Jan 2020, 08:58 AM

:rofl: ok then what about

- using ur supreme Inf and nades ... and maybe flank?
- Pack Howie
- Mortar
- Mortar halftrack
- 100 differnt arty abilitys
- Calliope
- HE Sherman
- Scott(which is by far the best mobile arty in the game, when u consider that u fight against mainly 4Man
untis)
- Priest
- Pershing
- Bulldozer
- .... :lolol: so there is NO way to fight off team weapons!

Just one Word about the Jackson Scott combo... its by far the cancerous Combo in the Game. Pick ele or JT and hope the USF player is brain afk or yolo rush with tanks...
31 Jan 2020, 09:46 AM

I literally said its not like the brumbarr. Yeah the brumbarr is more threatening, it also has to get in your face to fire

Scott also costs like half the fuel

So you come back to the initial point of USF lacking TW counter. Brumbar counter pretty well TW, even ATgun and then there is still the Pzwerfer in the same tier. USF, Scott can't do it and Pakhowie is probably the most relevant unit for that but that's not a saturation barrage able to wipe a squad, the unit has been nerfed to not do so in fact.
31 Jan 2020, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 07:44 AMEsxile

Yes vet2, my mistake. Because its an offmap with flares and a time to delivery quite long which is pretty much balanced for an offmap but nothing close to useful as a saturation rocket barrage. And its on a super squishy unit. And you can't call it in the fog of war.

The ability is dirty cheap compared to off map.

Major comes with reckon planes, if you want to call it in the FOW call reckon planes first.

The unit might be squishy but is also dirty cheap and has smoke to protect it.

It really does not need any buffs.
31 Jan 2020, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2020, 07:52 AMEsxile

The scott has indict fire support weapon with range 60 and barrage. It does not overlap with direct fire weapon like the Sherman's HE shells.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS