Login

russian armor

Will be upcoming patch?

24 Dec 2019, 05:34 AM

There is info about upcoming patch? Just interesting to know what will be change and what could be change. Also some sugggestions from people what needed to be changed.

My personal wishes:

1. Some QoL changes (all TDs and ATG always have turned on ability "armor prioritize")
2. AA prioritize mode for all AA units
3. Fast flag capping - when you right click on flag, point will be capping much faster, but your squad more vulnurable and can't fire while capping.
MMX
24 Dec 2019, 07:07 AM

both 1) and 2) would indeed be great and shouldn't take too much to implement (not sure about 2) though, since that might require some ui changes as well).
although 3) sounds interesting, i wouldn't get my hopes up to see it implemented as it is quite a drastic change gameplay-wise. from what i've been reading between the lines there won't be any major changes except rather small tweaks at that stage of the game's life cycle, since any patch could be the last. thus, there's simply not much room for experimentation (or, rather, fixing whatever unforseen consequences might arise from too progressive changes). however, i'd gladly be proven wrong by someone with more insight into what's planned for coh2 in the future.
24 Dec 2019, 10:13 AM

Next patch buff -------> OST
25 Dec 2019, 03:34 AM

fast cap is indeed a great addition if possible.
25 Dec 2019, 12:52 PM

25 Dec 2019, 13:06 PM

no

Why? Right now flag is just useless object in gamedesign, you could click on it and nothing changes. It's only obstacle for vehicle (hi pathing problems in some maps) and infantry.
Such change will increase value of "ambush" troops, like partisans, storms and e.t.c, they will be do what they must do - break enemy supply lines. Also any tactics with carrier vehicle wil be more better and backsitting style of gaming will be less pleasant. And of course "high risk-high reward" rule working the best in this case.
25 Dec 2019, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2019, 13:06 PMMaret
Why? Right now flag is just useless object in gamedesign, you could click on it and nothing changes.

It serves as the waypoint for shift queuing capture orders, and is therefor already a risk/reward mechanic in itself. The reward being far less micro, while the risk is obviously that a squad bunching up around the flagpole will be an easy target for enemy units.
25 Dec 2019, 13:25 PM

It serves as the waypoint for shift queuing capture orders, and is therefor already a risk/reward mechanic in itself. The reward being far less micro, while the risk is obviously that a squad bunching up around the flagpole will be an easy target for enemy units.

You could shift que without flag, just click at place. In start of game no-one have grenades - no any risk at all, and again - where reward mechanic to use flag? I even say - not to use falg is BETTER - you have more vision, not clumping, could build cover outside circle of capturing. Only one thing that i could remember - you can build tricky sandbag in flag point, but it useless for USF mainline, less usefull for SU (enemy could use your cover as well) and OST (only enges could build sandbags), only brits and OKW could use this trick in full power.
Flag must have sense in gamedesign, not only indicator and obstacle. No any reward mechanic to use flag capping instead staying inside cricle.
25 Dec 2019, 13:27 PM

Someone could use capping time for build sandbag, someone could use this for fast capping and have risk to meet enemy without cover or fight against enemy in-cover. More strategic decisions and tactic actions. I think we could even see barbewiring flag points, to prevent falg points from fast de-capping.
25 Dec 2019, 16:22 PM

Such change will increase value of "ambush" troops, like partisans, storms and e.t.c, they will be do what they must do - break enemy supply lines.

How would it do this? Do you want to remove the LoS provided from the flag? Because when you click on the flag your guys walk into the middle of the point and reveal themselves. That's not good for an ambush
25 Dec 2019, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2019, 13:25 PMMaret
You could shift que without flag, just click at place.

That doesn't work. Not only will the squad move to the next queue move order before the capture is complete, shift-queueing move orders doesn't work well because units will skip the exact move order points in favour of a more streamlined path due to a bug.

In start of game no-one have grenades - no any risk at all, and again - where reward mechanic to use flag?

That doesn't matter. Getting caught out of cover can be a crucial blow in the early game. That's a very big risk to take. The reward of shift-queueing safe capture points on the other hand is saving valuable time to micro the important engagements.

Shift-queueing capture orders while microing engagements and other things is one of the things that set the best players apart from the rest.

I even say - not to use falg is BETTER - you have more vision, not clumping, could build cover outside circle of capturing

Exactly. This does however come with said micro tax. What to use is up to the player to decide - which is exactly the point. Flagpoles offer interesting gameplay choices already.
25 Dec 2019, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Outside of VP points, i'll rather have strategic points not been physical entities (they would still be there for cap order and i guess disallowing building straight on top of it). Or just let vehicles ignore and phase through. Just like they phase through against each other kappa.

Pathfinding would be way smoother.
26 Dec 2019, 07:01 AM

That doesn't matter. Getting caught out of cover can be a crucial blow in the early game. That's a very big risk to take. The reward of shift-queueing safe capture points on the other hand is saving valuable time to micro the important engagements.

Shift-queueing capture orders while microing engagements and other things is one of the things that set the best players apart from the rest.

This only working in start of game. When mid-late come and battleline established, no any shift-que for capping points (or very little usage). While have possibility for fast capping (even with risk to get high damage) will enrich gameplay. Shift-que capping will be even more pleasant in this case and could good work even in later stages of game.
All paras squads (USF paras, falls, commandos with glaider) will get not only "drop them behind enemy mg" role, because right now, use them to decap points in deep enemy rear very, very "ungratefull". Ambush troops also will +1 to their role as units.

Exactly. This does however come with said micro tax. What to use is up to the player to decide - which is exactly the point. Flagpoles offer interesting gameplay choices already.

I disagree about "interesting gameplay" choice. When each side build sandbags from their side and don't have any weak sides from that. With fast capping - you have 2 choices: build sandbag and block fast capping from your own side or build cover to defend point more better. Flagpole right now only interesting
object for build sneaky sandbags and very sad obstacle for vehicle passing.
26 Dec 2019, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
soviets is weakest, needs major buff
26 Dec 2019, 20:10 PM

Ritter go back to the steam forums where you belong.
26 Dec 2019, 21:54 PM

Why? Right now flag is just useless object in gamedesign, you could click on it and nothing changes. It's only obstacle for vehicle (hi pathing problems in some maps) and infantry.
Such change will increase value of "ambush" troops, like partisans, storms and e.t.c, they will be do what they must do - break enemy supply lines. Also any tactics with carrier vehicle wil be more better and backsitting style of gaming will be less pleasant. And of course "high risk-high reward" rule working the best in this case.

it will just result in running around map and cap/decap orgies. play dawn of war to know what i mean
27 Dec 2019, 05:07 AM

it will just result in running around map and cap/decap orgies. play dawn of war to know what i mean

But not when your sqaud get RA penalty - one mistake with conrolling your units and your sqaud will be wipe.
27 Dec 2019, 08:24 AM

Outside of VP points, i'll rather have strategic points not been physical entities (they would still be there for cap order and i guess disallowing building straight on top of it). Or just let vehicles ignore and phase through. Just like they phase through against each other kappa.

Pathfinding would be way smoother.

I agree 1000% on this. Not sure why it hasn't happened sooner.
27 Dec 2019, 12:08 PM

Next patch should bring some buffs to Ostheer:

1. Puma unlocks after T3 is researched but is built from T2.

2. Brummbär: Range increase to pre nerf.

3. Panther acc on the move improvement.

4. Panzerwerfer vet 1 should be a spread out barrage.
27 Dec 2019, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2019, 12:08 PMButcher
Next patch should bring some buffs to Ostheer:

1. Puma unlocks after T3 is researched but is built from T2.

2. Brummbär: Range increase to pre nerf.

3. Panther acc on the move improvement.

4. Panzerwerfer vet 1 should be a spread out barrage.

+1
Additionally i hope that some lackluster wehrmacht commanders get improved,we had really good ideas in a thread some weeks ago.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment