Login

russian armor

Kv2 is underperforming

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
24 Dec 2019, 01:08 AM

Kv2 is great

Only question I have about it is I cant seem to find good use for turret mode. I get its purpose but it just seems like too much of a hassle for not enough benefit

Unit is really good in regular mode anyway though, so no complaints from me

I play team games mostly so I find the siege mode super handy as it offers so much coverage with very little risk. Sometimes the tank won't target itself but can still use attack ground and lob shots (also great for leading targets like the old brumbar)

Granted my experience in 3s/4s will be very different than yours in 2s where mobility is more decisive
24 Dec 2019, 01:14 AM

I play team games mostly so I find the siege mode super handy as it offers so much coverage with very little risk. Sometimes the tank won't target itself but can still use attack ground and lob shots (also great for leading targets like the old brumbar)

Granted my experience in 3s/4s will be very different than yours in 2s where mobility is more decisive

Yeah I feel like siege mode is very map dependent as well. The layout of los blockers probably plays a huge role

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2019, 00:32 AMVipper

Siege MOD received serious nerfs and the ROF is currently about equal. On the Other hand Siege gets better with vet 2 range bonus.

Thanks for clarifying the RoF. I remembered the vet 2 bonus, but i thought it was for both so thats good to know too
24 Dec 2019, 01:46 AM

Permanently Banned
but u guys are not good at 4v4s.
24 Dec 2019, 02:18 AM

Yeah I feel like siege mode is very map dependent as well. The layout of los blockers probably plays a huge role

For sure. I'm OK with the siege mode being niche though, for too long it was necessary and I'm so glad it's actually usable as a tank now.
24 Dec 2019, 06:16 AM

The only thing the KV2 needs is the ability to transition from Siege Mode to Normal Mode much quicker aside from that its a pretty solid tank.
24 Dec 2019, 10:33 AM

Every topic created by Ritter is funny to read.

I mainly play a 2vs2 and I always take Soviet industry tactics with me in the loadout, also end up using it 50% of the times. KV2 is an absolute beast :)

24 Dec 2019, 11:25 AM

Mad prophet keeps spewing giberish
24 Dec 2019, 11:58 AM

Thanks for clarifying the RoF. I remembered the vet 2 bonus, but i thought it was for both so thats good to know too

I am sorry I was not clear. Both modes get a range bonus but if I correct:
Normal mode from 40 to 50
Siege from 70 to 80!!
24 Dec 2019, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2019, 11:58 AMVipper

Siege from 70 to 80!!

Exactly why it's the best Soviet Heavy Tank :)
24 Dec 2019, 15:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

He brings balance to the force. He unifies the whole forum, by having 99% of the users disagreeing with him.
27 Dec 2019, 18:11 PM

Permanently Banned
28 Dec 2019, 05:52 AM

Get kept diet here will increase troll 100%%% !!!

The most OP part of Soviet industry is the repair stations. No joke, these things win games. Pop free, cheap & durable repairs.

The KV2 is just a really good bonus. As said, it’s map dependant on the effectiveness of seige mode, but even without seige it’s great at clearing any AT guns, and can threaten tanks
28 Dec 2019, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2019, 18:11 PMRitter
sad

I actually feel bad for Ritter.

Why did he become like this? We don’t know his IRL life

Maybe he is just trying to eliminate bad balance ideas through the process of elimination.

Maybe he doesn’t understand

Maybe he’s just sad

I hope IRL is ok for Ritter. His posts may be “dumb”, but I hope he is doing well.
:unsure:
28 Dec 2019, 15:14 PM

Permanently Banned
self repair is a disadvantage.
Are u really that naive to think its good?
Axis engeniers ccan fight at least, so they can use ammo for something else.
SOviets is the weakest faction
28 Dec 2019, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2019, 15:14 PMRitter
self repair is a disadvantage.
Are u really that naive to think its good?
Axis engeniers ccan fight at least, so they can use ammo for something else.
SOviets is the weakest faction

Ostheer-Pios can fight? xDDD Good joke. Soviet's Pios perform often better and are cheaper, real doom-units with flamer most fractions can only dream of.
28 Dec 2019, 17:21 PM

Soviet's Pios perform often better and are cheaper, real doom-units with flamer most fractions can only dream of.

What are you talking about? I would rather have Assault Engineers, Echelon, Sturmpios, or Royal engies with a flamer than fucking combat engineers....

Sure they're doctrinal, but no one needs to "dream" about anything. Just pick the right doctrine and you get a MUCH stronger Flamethrower squad...

And CEs are not better than pios. Maybe in combat they are barely better, but then there's something called the teller mine. The CEs special toy (demo) was nerfed into uselessness
28 Dec 2019, 18:14 PM

And CEs are not better than pios. Maybe in combat they are barely better, but then there's something called the teller mine. The CEs special toy (demo) was nerfed into uselessness

Pios aren't BARELY better in combat, they are WORLDS better in combat. Pios have an actually useful DPS that allows them to singlehandedly force off team weapons (with the risk of wipe) and 1v1 certain mainlines when they ambush (infantry sections yo). "Oh but Combat Engis are better at long range" Oh yeah lets see that AMAZING 3.5 far DPS that entire squad provides (assuming they don't have a minesweep/flamer), thats less than a single model of Obers does, and a bit more than a single Tomy in cover has.

But you know, negligible amount of long range DPS is more useful than the ability to flank and wipe teamweapons / force off mainlines.

Seriously.
28 Dec 2019, 18:48 PM

What are you talking about? I would rather have Assault Engineers, Echelon, Sturmpios, or Royal engies with a flamer than fucking combat engineers....

Sure they're doctrinal, but no one needs to "dream" about anything. Just pick the right doctrine and you get a MUCH stronger Flamethrower squad...

We are speaking about normal units and the fighting ability. Because of the price diffrence even a fight versus OKO-Pios should be a clear lose for them, but it isn't. And because of the long-range weapon-profile of CE the flamer performs better than of OKO-Pios. Overall, as combat unit they are better.

And with a flamer they overperform as hell.

-> brits pios can also build a mine and are way better than OKO's pios.

28 Dec 2019, 19:28 PM

Snip

It’s either Ostheer or OKH. There’s no OKO.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS