Login

russian armor

Tank hunter doctrine underpowered

6 Dec 2019, 07:31 AM

Still very powerful against heavies, or multiple mediums clustered/bumping into one another

The il2 bombing run power is great because of its precision, but that also means its easier to dodge. The ptab is just way more spread out

You saw video about comparsion ptab and OST frag bombs?
https://youtu.be/K12SyHCD4qY
They both deal damage to vehicle and blinded them, but OST comes much faster and wipe infantry as well. You have entire commander with all abilities ONLY against armor, without any elite infantry or heavies or any sort of AI support. And you crucial ability just don't work well for your favor.
This doctrine not picked only for light-at mines, ml-20 or stealth. It picked for at-package and good late-game ability. Just imagine if "Close the pocket" was ninja nerfed? Who will pick this commander, when his major ability screwed? You even could remember old defensive doc from SU, until it got AT-arty strike no one played it.
6 Dec 2019, 12:50 PM

The plane speed should be standardized. I have said this before as well.
6 Dec 2019, 12:53 PM

What does that even supposed to mean?
Pretty much all planes move at the same speed without noticeable differences.
6 Dec 2019, 13:01 PM

Difference in time between first red smoke and when plane bombs will fall on the ground. OST frag bomb hit the ground earlier than ptab. You have lesser time to escape.
In fact if ther is no way how ptab could be repaired without to be strong like in old days, just replace by AT-overwatch, it fits theme of commander as well as ptab.
6 Dec 2019, 13:18 PM

That's arrival delay time, not plane speed.
6 Dec 2019, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 07:31 AMMaret

You saw video about comparsion ptab and OST frag bombs?

Yes I saw that video that showed someone using the ability once. I did multiple tests where the ptab did over 900 damage to an elefant

The abilities are different though. Ptab covers a much larger area than frag bomb. You can't standardize one aspect of the abilities when they aren't the same to begin with

6 Dec 2019, 19:50 PM

Yes I saw that video that showed someone using the ability once. I did multiple tests where the ptab did over 900 damage to an elefant
The abilities are different though. Ptab covers a much larger area than frag bomb. You can't standardize one aspect of the abilities when they aren't the same to begin with

It means that this doc must be choose only against elef? Want more simple choice against elef - mark target+ bombing run could kill elef or JT. I could agree with ptab, if it take engine damage, but with so small damage against more numerous armor as p4, stugs and panthers, it's just laugh. Just make test, how much ptab deal damage to p4 or stug? It just waste of muni for such pesky results.
And again - in docs with frag bombs you could have - tiger and still have good ability+heavy, while in pure AT doc, you don't have elite infantry or elite armor. Ability should be reworked or replaced by AT overwatch. Beacuse current state just waste of muni.
6 Dec 2019, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 07:31 AMMaret

both wipe infantry, the ninja nerf buffed the AI
6 Dec 2019, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 19:50 PMMaret

It means that this doc must be choose only against elef? Want more simple choice against elef - mark target+ bombing run could kill elef or JT. I could agree with ptab, if it take engine damage, but with so small damage against more numerous armor as p4, stugs and panthers, it's just laugh. Just make test, how much ptab deal damage to p4 or stug? It just waste of muni for such pesky results.
And again - in docs with frag bombs you could have - tiger and still have good ability+heavy, while in pure AT doc, you don't have elite infantry or elite armor. Ability should be reworked or replaced by AT overwatch. Beacuse current state just waste of muni.

Yes, it is the best ability in the game when used against Elefants at a 23.47 degree from the primary axis of the Elefant. Against any other armor or when used at any other angle then you would want a different ability. It is incredible when used in cheat mode against Elefants with a protractor. /sarcasm

It used to do around 960 damage to everything caught in the AOE. It changed at a patch a couple of years ago. It's always been slow but it was somewhat okay because it hit really hard. Now it is just slow.

I've went several rounds with Sky about this. Evidently you decided to play with him also.
6 Dec 2019, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 20:10 PMGrumpy

Yes, it is the best ability in the game when used against Elefants at a 23.47 degree from the primary axis of the Elefant. Against any other armor or when used at any other angle then you would want a different ability. It is incredible when used in cheat mode against Elefants with a protractor. /sarcasm

Can you stop mocking me? I don't know why you insist on continuing to be an absolute jerk, but I have shown that the ability is still good

You on the other hand have repeatedly been wrong about multiple facts related to the ability. First you got the cost wrong, then you got the travel time wrong, and then you suggested I was faking tests in order to argue with you

All I have done to you is disagree/correct your false information. You could try to respond with less of an attitude for once. At least have the balls to quote me if you're going to talk shit about me, I really don't understand your fucking problem
6 Dec 2019, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 19:50 PMMaret

It means that this doc must be choose only against elef? .

Nope it's good against Panthers and other heavies too. Elefant is just the best target cause it's harder to dodge with
7 Dec 2019, 16:04 PM

Can you stop mocking me? I don't know why you insist on continuing to be an absolute jerk, but I have shown that the ability is still good

You on the other hand have repeatedly been wrong about multiple facts related to the ability. First you got the cost wrong, then you got the travel time wrong, and then you suggested I was faking tests in order to argue with you

All I have done to you is disagree/correct your false information. You could try to respond with less of an attitude for once. At least have the balls to quote me if you're going to talk shit about me, I really don't understand your fucking problem

Since you're clearly clueless on a lot of things, I'll explain this in a way you should be able to understand. I was off on the cost of the bombing run by a little bit. I hadn't used it in years and wasn't going to play a game just to get the cost exactly. Instead of simply saying I made a mistake, you absolutely shit yourself going everywhere claiming that I am a liar. You've put it in multiple threads and even the shout box. Maybe you're too stupid to understand that calling someone a liar is an insult, or maybe you just don't know the meaning of words.

You, on the other hand, are bordering on lying when you say the bombing run is a great ability. You would have had to have tested it a bunch of times and know that it doesn't do a lot versus PIV's, Stugs, Panther's etc. You found one unit where it did well, when the bombing run is done at some strange angle, and then said the bombing run is great. By anyone else's description, a bombing run that is good against one particular type of target at some strange angle is either bad or bugged, not great. Your statement is a lie, because you know it is not true and you have the intent to deceive.

Lastly, you make really stupid statements whenever this subject comes up. It eventually leads to responses like these that were replies to you from other players:

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2019, 03:40 AMKirrik

Penal snare is actually easier to pull off, unlike grenades it will always go off once you start animation. Also you're not ambushing anything of value once enemy sees you have PTRS cons, it does not take 200 IQ to send infantry ahead of tanks especially since PTRS cons cant do anything to infantry and you're giving up on shocks and guards by selecting this doctrine.

Anyway I'm done with you, you can pretend it's good doctrine all you want I think everyone who played it would rate it as meme or gimmick at best and the fact thats it's one of the least seen doctrines in the entire game speaks louder than theorycrafting

Congratulations, you just proved you used tank hunter commander vs easy CPU.
In real games, only in an already won 4v4 fuckfest and against a plant level of reaction player you can succesfully pull a Conscript AT assault vs heavy TDs... its literally punching the dead horse.

Of course tank hunter packs quite a punch, but it is so predictable...
B4 adds some 'excitement' RNG + a direct fire revamp

In short, if you stop insulting and stop saying stupid shit then I, and others, won't mock.
7 Dec 2019, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 16:04 PMGrumpy

In short, if you stop insulting and stop saying stupid shit then I, and others, won't mock.

Only in your world are facts and arguments backed up by tests stupid. You're calling me a liar with zero evidence, but you're still mad at me when you made multiple mistakes?

If you "hadn't used the ability in years" why the fuck were you arguing with that much certainty in the first place? That's incredibly disengenious. I use the Commander all the time, have been since he was buffed a year or two ago

I remember when you said you put me on "permanent ignore". Now you're digging through old threads just to insult me. Do you really not have something better to do? We disagree, get over it. Stop talking about me unless you're talking to me directly
7 Dec 2019, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 16:04 PMGrumpy

You found one unit where it did well, when the bombing run is done at some strange angle,

Uhh no, I showed you can do it from multiple angles actually. So here's another example of you lying/making a mistake
7 Dec 2019, 18:09 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Keep it on the Tank hunter doctrine instead of calling each other names and being nitpicky.
8 Dec 2019, 16:34 PM

The problem lies when you can prove someone else wrong, and do it, some people get offended because they feel hurt for being mistaken, but on top of that those people put themselves in between the argument and their interlocutor, ending in an obvious butt hurting experience.

The discussion was focused on the topic, whether OP liked or not
8 Dec 2019, 18:44 PM

the abilities are different in what they deliver in terms of firepower. i.e bombs or small ptabs or frags. This doesn't mean that there should be discrepancy between their plane arrival speed, which translates to time elapsed after red smoke. since all 3 of them deliver by planes all 3 of them should have same dropping speed. right now the slowest is il2 precision bombing strike and is 20 muni more exp than frag and PTAB
8 Dec 2019, 18:52 PM

some planes in the game move at noticeably slower speed. like the paradropping planes.
9 Dec 2019, 01:40 AM

The problem lies when you can prove someone else wrong, and do it, some people get offended because they feel hurt for being mistaken, but on top of that those people put themselves in between the argument and their interlocutor, ending in an obvious butt hurting experience.

The discussion was focused on the topic, whether OP liked or not

I'm guesing this was aimed at me. I wasn't annoyed because I was wrong on the cost and someone caught that I was wrong. It was being called a liar about it in numerous threads and the shout box that got annoying. It's analogous to taking a math test in the first grade, answering that 2+2=6, then having your elementary school teacher shout "Liar" at you every time they see you. I do understand what you're saying though, and will try to be less thin-skinned.

BTW - in the previous thread, I disagreed with you and others about putting the B4 in it. After using one in Counterattack a few times, I think it may not be such a bad idea. Instead of building it far back from the front lines, I built it close to the front and used it like a Pak43. Direct fire is really good if you can keep it alive.
9 Dec 2019, 07:30 AM

Permanently Banned
Im fine with the artillery, just the camo needs to be changed or removed. Its a disadvantage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★