Login

russian armor

Another big CoH2 giveaway coming next weekend?

12 Nov 2019, 16:32 PM
12 Nov 2019, 16:45 PM

HI aerafield,
nice find! The timing of the giveaway is interesting - the X019 starts on Thursday. Maybe Relic is bought by Microsoft and the game gets some attention on the convention:)
Would be so cool if they would show the half finals at the event!
12 Nov 2019, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2019, 16:45 PMSmartie

HI aerafield,
nice find! The timing of the giveaway is interesting - the X019 starts on Thursday. Maybe Relic is bought by Microsoft and the game gets some attention on the convention:)
Would be so cool if they would show the half finals at the event!

That would be great. They have been making the most out of the tourney with this giveaways and The promotion to the twitch Korea Frontpage (i would imagine they bought that?).

I feel like this indicates a significant update on AOE4 or the developement of another game coming this weekend too.
12 Nov 2019, 18:48 PM

That would be great. They have been making the most out of the tourney with this giveaways and The promotion to the twitch Korea Frontpage (i would imagine they bought that?).

I feel like this indicates a significant update on AOE4 or the developement of another game coming this weekend too.

I guess we can expect an aoe4 release reveal. Would be huge if we also wokld get a coh3 reveal
12 Nov 2019, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2019, 18:48 PMSmartie

I guess we can expect an aoe4 release reveal. Would be huge if we also wokld get a coh3 reveal

Coh3 would be nice but ultimately think the timeline for that game would put it 2-3 years out if it's even in development so my expectations are tempered a little bit.

I am more excited by demonstrations of quality than an announcement of something coming way down the line.
12 Nov 2019, 19:08 PM

Surely they're going to announce a Keto DLC.
12 Nov 2019, 19:09 PM

Coh3 would be nice but ultimately think the timeline for that game would put it 2-3 years out if it's even in development so my expectations are tempered a little bit.

I wouldn't mind that, it would give a while to try out Iron Harvest. It might not be up to CoH standards, but it'll definitely be a nice change for a moment.
12 Nov 2019, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2019, 19:09 PMKatitof

I wouldn't mind that, it would give a while to try out Iron Harvest. It might not be up to CoH standards, but it'll definitely be a nice change for a moment.

+1
I backed the game and have only modest expectations but it could definitly shorten the time until Coh3 comes out. I personally hope that the Iron HArvest campaign will be cool- i dont expect too much out of the mp.
12 Nov 2019, 20:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Surely they're going to announce a Keto DLC.

:banned:

AoE 2: Definitive Edition :nahnah:

TBH, it's probably time something new is shown, even if it's just a CGI trailer with 15s of gameplay.
12 Nov 2019, 21:01 PM

:banned:

AoE 2: Definitive Edition :nahnah:

TBH, it's probably time something new is shown, even if it's just a CGI trailer with 15s of gameplay.

Even that would be important. Showing How Close AOE4 is to AOE2/1 and how innovative it is may be a good barometer for what relic may try to do with Coh3.

Obviously DOW3 was the wrong combination of new and old and so I would hope they find a new balance in future projects.
12 Nov 2019, 22:11 PM
13 Nov 2019, 03:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Even that would be important. Showing How Close AOE4 is to AOE2/1 and how innovative it is may be a good barometer for what relic may try to do with Coh3.

Obviously DOW3 was the wrong combination of new and old and so I would hope they find a new balance in future projects.

The problem is that there is plenty of room to improve or add features in a game like CoH which relies on tactics rather than traditional RTS mechanics, in comparison to the AoE2 formula.

Too many people ride on the nostalgia factor and if they try to do too many new things, people will just keep playing either old Vooble AoE2 or the AoE2 DE if they finally manage fo fix pvp connections.
15 Nov 2019, 19:05 PM

CoH2 is free to keep this weekend. Might as well tell everyone you know to pick it up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/Company_of_Heroes_2/
15 Nov 2019, 19:07 PM

SEGA funding the 2019 WC is a pretty good indication that CoH3 will happen.
15 Nov 2019, 20:09 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Company of Heroes 2 is free to download and keep forever on STEAM! Promotion ends Sunday, November 17th at 10am PST /6 pm GMT.

All major CoH2 DLC is 75% off until Sunday 24th, 10am PST. Time to scoop that commander or faction you've been eyeing.
16 Nov 2019, 04:35 AM
Patrion 310

New Relic/Sega trailer for CoH2 giveaway:

Sega Europe promotion:
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/1195402975491047425

Relic promotion Free CoH DLC (Victory at Stalingrad Mission Pack):
https://signup.companyofheroes.com/#dlc-content
16 Nov 2019, 11:08 AM

They made it free because community patching has made the game cancerous and beyond frustrating to play. All that is left is the true believers that would play regardless how retarded the game becomes. In a week the numbers will be back to normal.
16 Nov 2019, 11:29 AM

They made it free because community patching has made the game cancerous and beyond frustrating to play. All that is left is the true believers that would play regardless how retarded the game becomes. In a week the numbers will be back to normal.

Which is funny to say, considering the fact that population is on a steady level for years.
Ironically enough, the most cancerous part of community that makes the game frustrating are people with few thousands of games played exclusively as one faction and still not being able to break 4 digit ranks.
16 Nov 2019, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2019, 11:29 AMKatitof

Which is funny to say, considering the fact that population is on a steady level for years.
Ironically enough, the most cancerous part of community that makes the game frustrating are people with few thousands of games played exclusively as one faction and still not being able to break 4 digit ranks.

:rofl: Thank god this guy uploaded a replay before :rofl:
MMX
16 Nov 2019, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2019, 11:29 AMKatitof

oh that's gotta burn :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS