Login

russian armor

Jackson Nerf vs Making Panther Doctrinal

PAGES (10)down
2 Nov 2019, 06:25 AM

So I had this thought after reading all this screeching over the Jackson in recent threads and there was some talk about reverting to Jackson to it's trash pre-2018 state.

So if you did that, what if the Panther was then made doctrinal? I mean why isn't it anyway? Panzer IV already out classes standard Shermans, T34s and Cromwells? OST already can spam AT guns and panzerschreks (all of which Jacksons are useless against by the way), plus it's got cheap Stugs so do they even need Panthers? Does OKW? They have have mini-Jacksons in the form of Pumas plus an even better Panzer IV and non-doc King Tiger. Allies have to have doctrines for better mediums except perpetually nerfed Brits.
2 Nov 2019, 07:27 AM

Panthers being doctrinal...

Quit smoking that crap please.
The only unit here deserving to be doctrinal are M36s, to be replaced by stock M10s.

Pre-tech revamp USF had to compensate with a powerful TD, now it has much more versatility it doesnt need it anymore.

2 Nov 2019, 07:31 AM

This is honestly a pretty interesting idea... we can make all heavy TDs and the panther doctrinal which should shift the meta out of the infantry blob + TD + MG meta...
2 Nov 2019, 07:43 AM

Considering Axis has TDs outside of the panther. It makes sense to move it to being doctrinal.
2 Nov 2019, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2019, 07:43 AMAnon66
Considering Axis has TDs outside of the panther. It makes sense to move it to being doctrinal.

with this kind of reasoning, Su-85 should be doctrinal

churchills and scotts fit the bill too.
2 Nov 2019, 07:50 AM

with this kind of reasoning, Su-85 should be doctrinal too

I fail to see how. the SU-85 would be the equivalent of a STUG or jagD no? Whereas an su-76 would be the equivalent of a puma?
Also wouldn't the scott be mobile artillery like a panzerwerfer or walking stuka?
And the Churchill the kingtiger maybe? That one you could maybe make an argument for. But in case you misread, my reasoning was about vehicles sharing the same role. I don't believe the churchill shares any roles with other units, unless I'm gravely mistaken.
Could you elaborate please?
2 Nov 2019, 08:23 AM
2 Nov 2019, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2019, 07:50 AMAnon66

I fail to see how. the SU-85 would be the equivalent of a STUG or jagD no? Whereas an su-76 would be the equivalent of a puma?
Also wouldn't the scott be mobile artillery like a panzerwerfer or walking stuka?
And the Churchill the kingtiger maybe? That one you could maybe make an argument for. But in case you misread, my reasoning was about vehicles sharing the same role. I don't believe the churchill shares any roles with other units, unless I'm gravely mistaken.
Could you elaborate please?

Panzerwerfer or walking stuka should be doctrinal.
Churchill and Comet and Panther should be doctrinal.

Anti-tank guns and PanzerFausts should be doctrinal.
2 Nov 2019, 08:46 AM

I like some kind of realism. At the end of the war the Panther made up about half the German tank force (not including SPGs in here). So it shouldn't be doctrinal. Also Ost needs something that can fight tanks and has more standing power than the StuG.

What I would like on the contrary are non-doctrinal T-34/85s or 76mm Shermans. Replace the doctrinal abilities with something else. That would be interesting.

2 Nov 2019, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2019, 06:25 AMCODGUY
So I had this thought after reading all this screeching over the Jackson in recent threads and there was some talk about reverting to Jackson to it's trash pre-2018 state.

So if you did that, what if the Panther was then made doctrinal? I mean why isn't it anyway? Panzer IV already out classes standard Shermans, T34s and Cromwells? OST already can spam AT guns and panzerschreks (all of which Jacksons are useless against by the way), plus it's got cheap Stugs so do they even need Panthers? Does OKW? They have have mini-Jacksons in the form of Pumas plus an even better Panzer IV and non-doc King Tiger. Allies have to have doctrines for better mediums except perpetually nerfed Brits.

2 Nov 2019, 09:36 AM

I like some kind of realism. At the end of the war the Panther made up about half the German tank force (not including SPGs in here). So it shouldn't be doctrinal. Also Ost needs something that can fight tanks and has more standing power than the StuG.

What I would like on the contrary are non-doctrinal T-34/85s or 76mm Shermans. Replace the doctrinal abilities with something else. That would be interesting.

Maybe replace the doctrines with the 76mm to the E8? Of course, this would address the gap in the mediums, but but like OP's idea, I doubt this would be considered.
2 Nov 2019, 09:37 AM

:foreveralone:
2 Nov 2019, 09:57 AM

with this kind of reasoning, Su-85 should be doctrinal

churchills and scotts fit the bill too.

SU-85 doesn't exactly overshadow SU-76 in 100% of cases, even when SU-76 is clearly better and more optimal choice.

Want a chat about JP4?
At least StuG is in decent place in relation to panther for ost.
2 Nov 2019, 10:16 AM

E8, and m10 as the non-doctrine AT, and Jackson as a doctrinal AT with a power level similar to elephant and jagdtiger makes the most sense to me, but I don't expect such a huge change-up happening.
2 Nov 2019, 10:41 AM

Great lets replace the Panther in T4 with the Tiger and make Panther doctrinal.
2 Nov 2019, 11:11 AM

i have a better idea , how about we nerf the panther a litle and then make the m 36 doctrinal ?

2 Nov 2019, 11:31 AM

Can you please stop making balance threads? Noone cares about the balance suggestions of a rank 1300.
2 Nov 2019, 11:42 AM

Actually by Danes logic this will not effect axis meta, the Panther is only a slightly better P4 after all

But actual interesting suggestion codguy, m10 USF and jagdpanzer Ostheer could be interesting.
2 Nov 2019, 12:37 PM

The panther should be doctrinal and the tiger should be stock tier 4 .
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS