Login

russian armor

Molotov Suggestion

22 Oct 2019, 04:01 AM

Idea I had for the molotov was to make it so that there are 2 thrown, one is thrown instantly like the USF Urban Tactics Firebomb and creates flames on the ground, while the other retains the long windup but does damage 40 flame damage on impact for units that haven't moved yet. This way the molotov has a much quicker effect, and you have the option of waiting for extra damage to come out.
22 Oct 2019, 04:42 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Would you require 2 models for the full effect? So 2 models would put away their weapons and grab a bottle? What about the throw speed boost at vet 2? Would that stay?

Sounds like a large change in my head with a lot of repercussions that would probably require extensive testing.
22 Oct 2019, 07:17 AM

Would you require 2 models for the full effect? So 2 models would put away their weapons and grab a bottle? What about the throw speed boost at vet 2? Would that stay?

Sounds like a large change in my head with a lot of repercussions that would probably require extensive testing.

I forgot about the speed increase at Vet 2 to be honest, but yeah the idea is that 2 men move throw, one quick and one slow. You have the option of waiting for both or just letting the first one go. Since waiting for a molotov to come out feels punishing, the idea was to take that punishment and turn it into a reward of sorts, but still not punish you for moving if you have to. It's an odd idea for but it seems interesting enough to share. 40 damage might be a bit high though now that I think about it, anyone still standing there would have taken AOE damage and 40 might be lethal.
22 Oct 2019, 09:45 AM

Imo mainline infantry should not have access to incendiary weapons they should be reserved for socialized anti garrison infatry....

In addition DOT should have damage all in hold set to true.
22 Oct 2019, 10:00 AM

The best change for Molotov is to replace him with a grenade. This will improve the unit and give an incentive to use it.
22 Oct 2019, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2019, 09:45 AMVipper
Imo mainline infantry should not have access to incendiary weapons they should be reserved for socialized anti garrison infatry...

It was too late for that in 2013.
23 Oct 2019, 20:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Molotov fits the theme of cheap conscripts that have to fill in where they are needed. However there's not much reason beside that to give them molotovs, especially since SOV can upgrade flamethrowers.

Early anti garrison can cause problems especially for OST that relies on MGs in the early game, but for conscripts there is currently an okayish kind of balance by having the long throw animation that negates an otherwise good ability.

But to make it short: Nice idea from OP, but I think it's too complicated with quite a few potential drawbacks
24 Oct 2019, 14:56 PM

I would honestly just make the ability 5 mun cheaper and call it a day.
24 Oct 2019, 16:21 PM

no need change
24 Oct 2019, 22:13 PM

Just give it the same wind up time as the American petrol bomb. The Molotov being as slow as it is compared to the OKW incendiary grenade, USA petrol bomb and the Brit white phospherus grenade is ridiculous.
24 Oct 2019, 23:15 PM

I agree. Standardize the timing between molotov and incendiary grenades. Speedup the animation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %