Login

russian armor

Pershing needs a timing nerf

2 Oct 2019, 17:59 PM

I think giving all heavies build timers would be a positive change in this issue.

Kinda silly that we click the largest and most powerful tanks into existence but have to wait for scout cars and kubelwagens to get built

+1

this would also equal out the weird requirement differences across the factions. OKW needs an alive t4 for their heavies(except KT) and needs to rebuild it upon destruction, whereas ostheer only needs BP3....
2 Oct 2019, 18:00 PM

+1

this would also equal out the weird requirement differences across the factions. OKW needs an alive t4 for their heavies(except KT) and needs to rebuild it upon destruction, whereas ostheer only needs BP3....

Agree, it's very very inconsistent and counter-intuitive.
2 Oct 2019, 18:33 PM

Fastest way to a heavy:
OKW (15+25+15+60+60+230-10=) 395 fuel for Tiger;
SOV (10+85+90+230-20=) 395 fuel for IS-2;
OST (40+90+25+230-20=) 365 fuel for Tiger, +10/20/15 if getting any tier buildings;
USF (35+20+120+230-20=) 385 fuel for Pershing.

So, even though I'd agree Pershing seems just a little bit too powerful at its current timing (solved by making it slightly more expensive and/or increasing its veterancy requirements to reduce how fast it scales imo), other factions do not get their heavies "way later". They are all pretty much in line right now.

Cuz it is well known no one build an ambulance and unlock bar or grenade.
2 Oct 2019, 18:48 PM

Was adding build timers ever an option or idea? I feel like it would be a good change for all heavy tanks. Adds a little delay, especially for replacing them when they get lost. In some team games you see people replacing them instantly

This is a good suggestions. It would be interesting if all heavy tanks were made buildable at each factions "final tech" level/building when the current conditions were met (enough points, pre-req up, etc.). It would give the balance team the ability to adjust build times on individual heavies, and it should be possible to do; the T34-85 already uses this method, just with a 0-point requirement, rather than the 9-14 of heavies.
2 Oct 2019, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2019, 18:33 PMEsxile

You also have to give up either MG's or AT guns.
2 Oct 2019, 19:14 PM

He skipped healing for okw as well, and mechanized is the more popular tech choice anyway. He was just showing literally the fastest way to get to heavies, and it was just to show that the factions are pretty equal when it comes to timing
2 Oct 2019, 19:17 PM

He was just showing literally the fastest way to get to heavies, and it was just to show that the factions are pretty equal when it comes to timing

I was actually showing that the Pershing does not come significantly earlier than other faction's heavies, to disprove someone else claiming it did, so adding the Ambulance and Weapon Racks into that calculation would only further prove my point.
2 Oct 2019, 19:18 PM

This is a good suggestions. It would be interesting if all heavy tanks were made buildable at each factions "final tech" level/building when the current conditions were met (enough points, pre-req up, etc.). It would give the balance team the ability to adjust build times on individual heavies, and it should be possible to do; the T34-85 already uses this method, just with a 0-point requirement, rather than the 9-14 of heavies.

Maybe make them buildable at the HQ like Aerafield is suggesting, but having them start on cooldown like Sky suggested.

It would be nice to have a larger window for mediums. It seems weird that my first armor is often either an IS2 or Tiger.
2 Oct 2019, 19:22 PM

I was actually showing that the Pershing does not come significantly earlier than other faction's heavies

Alright well that's kinda what i was trying to say. Any thoughts on the build timer question?
2 Oct 2019, 19:33 PM

Was adding build timers ever an option or idea?

Personally I originally wanted 0CPs + build time in either T4 or HQ, and it was definitely discussed, but for now we eventually went with the hybrid system. Ideally this would've coincided with changing the cooldown to start upon the unit's destruction, but in the end we found that wasn't possible sadly.

So in the end the call-in production of the heavies was kept, I think for variety and readability's sake (some HQs like OKW's would get a lot of units, it would be odd to have a buildable unit that can be produced only once, heavy tanks are supposed to feel unique and powerful and a call-in does that more justice, etc.), so for now we'll stick with the hybrid system and possibly do some small adjustments (like costs or other characteristics) and let the entire heavies meta settle for now and see where it lands. Making them buildable is always an option for later, if needed.
2 Oct 2019, 19:37 PM

Personally I originally wanted 0CPs + build time in either T4 or HQ, and it was definitely discussed, but for now we eventually went with the hybrid system. Ideally this would've coincided with changing the cooldown to start upon the unit's destruction, but in the end we found that wasn't possible sadly.

So in the end the call-in production of the heavies was kept, I think for variety and readability's sake (some HQs like OKW's would get a lot of units, it would be odd to have a buildable unit that can be produced only once, etc.), so for now we'll stick with the hybrid system and possibly do some small adjustments (like costs or other characteristics) and let the entire heavies meta settle for now and see where it lands. Making them buildable is always an option for later, if needed.

Gotcha, thanks for the insight on your guys' thought process for them. It's a shame the cooldown on destruction idea can't be implemented
2 Oct 2019, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2019, 19:18 PMGrumpy

ur link in the signature is still broken
3 Oct 2019, 05:36 AM

Lowering CP reqs for heavy tanks was a mistake anyway. Should all go back up to 12 or so.

Failing that, have to build them would be great (increased cooldown/recharge time of dispatch ability is not sufficient)
3 Oct 2019, 06:05 AM

Lowering CP reqs for heavy tanks was a mistake anyway. Should all go back up to 12 or so.

Failing that, have to build them would be great (increased cooldown/recharge time of dispatch ability is not sufficient)

And add the same CP reqs for OKW KT also.
3 Oct 2019, 06:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2019, 06:05 AMAradan

And add the same CP reqs for OKW KT also.

That is a non doc vehicle, so no.
3 Oct 2019, 06:12 AM

Fastest way to a heavy:
OKW (15+25+15+60+60+230-10=) 395 fuel for Tiger;
SOV (10+85+90+230-20=) 395 fuel for IS-2;
OST (40+90+25+230-20=) 365 fuel for Tiger, +10/20/15 if getting any tier buildings;
USF (35+20+120+230-20=) 385 fuel for Pershing.

So, even though I'd agree Pershing seems just a little bit too powerful at its current timing (solved by making it slightly more expensive and/or increasing its veterancy requirements to reduce how fast it scales imo), other factions do not get their heavies "way later". They are all pretty much in line right now.

Hm but usually USF has a better map control in the early game and mid game too, especially with the stronger riflemen now. With these calculations in mind, a Pershing will drop a lot quicker than a Ost tiger or OKW tiger. Now if there is no definitive map control for USF, then you have the nightmare where you drop your Pershing but the Tiger ace is already rolling on the map too lol.
3 Oct 2019, 06:41 AM

I was actually showing that the Pershing does not come significantly earlier than other faction's heavies, to disprove someone else claiming it did, so adding the Ambulance and Weapon Racks into that calculation would only further prove my point.

Indeed not since it usually comes the latest if you add the ambulance and one weapon/grenade unlock.
You said that for its timing you'll probably nerf it but from a realistic perspective or it come at the exact same time or later than the others. If atm the Pershing is overperforming that's not because of its timing.
3 Oct 2019, 07:14 AM

KT much earlier before others heavy tanks? :clap:
We realy need more cancer in team games.
3 Oct 2019, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2019, 07:14 AMAradan

KT much earlier before others heavy tanks? :clap:
We realy need more cancer in team games.

KT doesn't come earlier than other heavy tanks unless the game is extremely one-sided.

If you get a Pershing you need 35+25+120+230-20 = 390
KT: 25+15+45+15+120+15+270-10 = 495 fuel

You generally have 9 CP before enough you have enough resources for a KT.
3 Oct 2019, 08:18 AM

LOL of course not, can't touch the sacred OKW cow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★