Login

russian armor

allow 7 man Conscripts PPSH41 or PTRS

PAGES (7)down
23 Sep 2019, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 12:22 PMLago
I'd be hesitant to adjust the raw performance of Shocks: they're finally a state where they're usable but counterable.

They could maybe stand to have a later timing though. CP2 is very early for that sort of unit.

I'm unconvinced that Guards are still a problem. I can see why people would have philosophical problems with a combination AI-AT squad, but I don't think their present power level is anything to write home about.

As for Conscripts? Ditch the sidetech.

Conscripts are always going to be an inferior option when you have to pay an extra 230 MP 20 FU just to unlock their utility abilities. A smaller sideteching barrier was enough to all but exterminate Ostheer T2.

Throw out Conscript sidetech entirely. It doesn't achieve its design goals. If that cost has to be in the tech tree, put it on T3 so Penal builds can't skip it.

So long as the Penal teching path is stronger and cheaper, Conscripts are always going to be off-meta.

I like this idea tbh
23 Sep 2019, 13:29 PM

Someone never seen a good use of cons with ppsh...which push back almost every axis infantry easily.
for such a low price with such many abilitys and usefully tools...
23 Sep 2019, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 12:22 PMLago
I'd be hesitant to adjust the raw performance of Shocks: they're finally a state where they're usable but counterable.

They could maybe stand to have a later timing though. CP2 is very early for that sort of unit.

I'm unconvinced that Guards are still a problem. I can see why people would have philosophical problems with a combination AI-AT squad, but I don't think their present power level is anything to write home about.

As for Conscripts? Ditch the sidetech.

Conscripts are always going to be an inferior option when you have to pay an extra 230 MP 20 FU just to unlock their utility abilities. A smaller sideteching barrier was enough to all but exterminate Ostheer T2.

Throw out Conscript sidetech entirely. It doesn't achieve its design goals. If that cost has to be in the tech tree, put it on T3 so Penal builds can't skip it.

So long as the Penal teching path is stronger and cheaper, Conscripts are always going to be off-meta.

I know it's been said but I'd rather just make cons cheaper. Then they are cheap and ripe for merging if that's what you want or you can invest in them to be a mainline. But all globals not squad by squad. Imo. Then they are expendable as intended.
23 Sep 2019, 20:38 PM

Someone never seen a good use of cons with ppsh...which push back almost every axis infantry easily.
for such a low price with such many abilitys and usefully tools...

Someone has never seen a good axis player, who is able to inflict attrition to ppsh cons without getting a single model loss over time, works on 1v1 squad and blob vs blob basis.

Not saying ppsh cons aren't good, they sure are fine, but you aren't exactly authority in how to play the game.
23 Sep 2019, 21:56 PM

I know it's been said but I'd rather just make cons cheaper. Then they are cheap and ripe for merging if that's what you want or you can invest in them to be a mainline. But all globals not squad by squad. Imo. Then they are expendable as intended.

Global upgrades are anathema to mixed compositions.

Making Conscripts cheaper won't fix the fundamental design problem with global upgrades. Conscript upgrades are only cost effective if you build several squads, so there's little point mixing them into other builds.

Why would people build Conscripts when they're rewarded so heavily for not doing so?
23 Sep 2019, 22:07 PM

Yes but when would this upgrades be unlocked ? After 1 tier ?that seems early for Molotov and at nade ( for reference Faust comes at tier 1-2 for okw 40+ fuel or tier 1 for ost and nades come after 25 + fuel for okw or 65 + fuel for ost)
23 Sep 2019, 22:12 PM

You could try Molotovs on one tech structure, AT grenades on two.

Or take a leaf out of USF's book and put the AT grenades behind Vet 1. That works surprisingly well.
23 Sep 2019, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 21:56 PMLago

Making Conscripts cheaper won't fix the fundamental design problem with global upgrades. Conscript upgrades are only cost effective if you build several squads, so there's little point mixing them into other builds.

Why would people build Conscripts when they're rewarded so heavily for not doing so?

thats why i say cheaper
cheap enough that if you have the spare manpower its worth it to throw them into a con squad so you can merge on field, so you can build cover or scare the enemy off. right now if you can afford a con squad on equal termss the enemy can afford a gren squad or nearly afford a volks squad both of whom laugh at you building qa cons squad.
cheap enough that you can start building your mg or penal squad when your building is compolete if you build a con squad off the cuff.
cheap enough that if they die buying you time enough to pull off a flank or hold a point long enough to get reinforcements up its not a massive loss

cheap enough that if you try and merge a 4 man squad into a 3 man squad and a model drops you dont feel robbed becuse you lost the damn squad.
23 Sep 2019, 23:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 22:12 PMLago
You could try Molotovs on one tech structure, AT grenades on two.

Or take a leaf out of USF's book and put the AT grenades behind Vet 1. That works surprisingly well.
why not make the cost of molotov in tier 3 and make them unlock after 1 tier and then u keep at nade upgrade but penals needs the upgrade for at package ?
23 Sep 2019, 23:18 PM

why not make the cost of molotov in tier 3 and make them unlock after 1 tier and then u keep at nade upgrade but penals needs the upgrade for at package ?
. I like the idea of locking the penal package behind the AT nade a lot. Slows the easy progression of t1 a fair bit.
Id even consider perhaps having satchels and demos in a side tech that allows CE to be cheaper or the demo to not suck anymore.
23 Sep 2019, 23:24 PM

I think the CP2 assault package is a step in the right direction, but imo a 5-10mp cheaper reinforce cost would work wonders in making it more viable. For assault units, cons bleed a lot and with how amazing shocks are it’s hard to justify using them over shocks.
24 Sep 2019, 02:02 AM

That'd work.

The current system has two problems: global upgrades penalise building small numbers of Conscripts, and Penal Builds being both stronger and cheaper.

Locking Penal Troops' upgrades behind the sidetech achieves a similar result to removing the sidetech.
24 Sep 2019, 06:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 20:38 PMKatitof

Someone has never seen a good axis player, who is able to inflict attrition to ppsh cons without getting a single model loss over time, works on 1v1 squad and blob vs blob basis.

Not saying ppsh cons aren't good, they sure are fine, but you aren't exactly authority in how to play the game.

Ah. The Ober-Troll (coh joke). And let my guess..you are the authority to say how to play this game, right?

Let me look your actual rank...oh..wait...

Back to topic: cons with ppsh are really great (u should play this game..) and wipe the floor with mostly every axis squad, when use right (not running frontally into a MG like a brain-damaged)
24 Sep 2019, 16:04 PM
Patrion 14

Cons are in a pretty good place right now. To be honest, the only thing I would like to see changed is a swap of hit the dirt for something else. That ability never really made sense to me for a CQC assault upgrade for conscripts.

I would move HTD to the conscript PTRS squads, and replace with something that makes more sense on the PPSH cons. Maybe a suppression fire ability a la cavalry riflemen.
24 Sep 2019, 16:58 PM

agree

if they buff con i just spam con. if they buff maxim i jsut spam maxim.
if there is no relation between con and maxim and, T2 start just not the best way.

24 Sep 2019, 19:38 PM

The whole point of the 7 man upgrade is so cons can be powerful WITHOUT a doctrine... Watering it down so it works betterwith a select few commanders returns cons to the "yea let's just shelf these lads again" pile.

This, end of discussion. What needs to happen is other squads need nerfs.
24 Sep 2019, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 19:38 PMzerocoh

This, end of discussion. What needs to happen is other squads need nerfs.

This still wont make the PPSh competitive against 7 man conscript, to not even mention the SVT upgrade that does everything better then PPSH upgrade.The PPSH takes up an ability slot in commanders but is allways a worse choice then 7th man upgrade.
24 Sep 2019, 20:28 PM

This still wont make the PPSh competitive against 7 man conscript, to not even mention the SVT upgrade that does everything better then PPSH upgrade.The PPSH takes up an ability slot in commanders but is allways a worse choice then 7th man upgrade.

Its not alone I'm that slot. It's also got hit the dirt which 7 man squads can do.
The ppsh comes much sooner.
It's a trade off and is absolutely valuable in limited quantity for more urban areas.
25 Sep 2019, 00:46 AM

Con squads have some utility so that it's worth it to build 1-2 squads in most games. They can help keep other units in the fight or get back in it faster with merge. Sometimes I pay the sidetech costs, sometimes not. It would be nice if you got the sidetech free with T4. That would help those of us that just want a couple and aren't going to spam them. If you are then you'd probably pay the cost earlier to upgrade.
25 Sep 2019, 09:03 AM

it seems some guys here know only the Performance from cons patches ago. Today they arent useless and perform ok for their price, surviveabilty, Abilitys and tool. And in the sov faction as it is now.

what do u want? Grens, IS or rifles dps? 0.8 model size? seriously? for the cheapest mainline with 6(7) models with the highest Ability set....than make the price around 300.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS