Login

russian armor

MG performance test

19 Sep 2019, 13:05 PM

It's good that you make efforts and did test, it give more power to your judgements. But maybe to prove that topicstarter is wrong, should repeat his test and find possible mistakes (if you have doubts in his results)? And show your results with digits?
19 Sep 2019, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 13:05 PMMaret
It's good that you make efforts and did test, it give more power to your judgements. But maybe to prove that topicstarter is wrong, should repeat his test and find possible mistakes (if you have doubts in his results)? And show your results with digits?
well testing squad at more than 13 meter is useless for all mg apart from maxim, that has 15 radius

i used 3 squad all 10 meter from each other to show that yes they do suppress in an area, all mg do

i don't know how much distance he put between squads so i can't copy his test
19 Sep 2019, 13:38 PM

well testing squad at more than 13 meter is useless for all mg apart from maxim, that has 15 radius

i used 3 squad all 10 meter from each other to show that yes they do suppress in an area, all mg do

i don't know how much distance he put between squads so i can't copy his test

@Blob counter test:
Allies MGs will try to counter a 4 VGs blob charging for three times,
Axis MGs will try to counter a group of 3 Cons along with 1 Rifleman squad charging for three times.
See if the MG will be able to stop the blob before being wiped out entirely.@

You can use the same conditions, but change distance between squads or change start place of blob, from far to closer to mg, if you want.

@Suppression test:
All MGs will try to suppress a line of 5 VG squads in a group of three tests.
VGs were located and determined as: Center squad, two Nearby Center squads, and two Further away squads. The MGs will only shoot at the center squad.
Two Nearby Center squads, and two Further away squads will only receive suppression due to AOE.@

The same. Each mg make 3 tests. You can or clump all together in one big blob, or make them on equal distance from each other. MG shoot to central squad.

Question is what you want to prove, where topicstarter was wrong. Maybe you have doubts in blob results. Or AOE suppression results.
Like: "My results with the same test were...distance between squads was...all squads were at..distance from HMG."
19 Sep 2019, 13:42 PM

and tested vicker it suppresses just fine

same as mg 42

did u really test in the same situations ?

vicker >

mg 42 >

same for dskh even tho it has lower AOE radius

Here just redid the test
DshK

after center suppressed.

after center pined.
19 Sep 2019, 13:48 PM

even more test all equal distance form each infantry squad of 10

OP did u really do the test fairly ?

mg 34

vicker

cal 50

u can see they all suppress nearby squad thanks to the suppression indicator

all have equal distance of 10 from each squad

Vickers

After center squad suppress

After center squad pined
Mg42

After Center squad pined

Also, I am using cheat tool version 1, not the second version.
Also, for the gunner changing test, It is hard to determine just by using pictures, however, regardless of how I was trying to repeat the test. Mg42 gunners seemed to receive almost no damage just by viewing the health bar, yet the 50.cal did.
I can only make the following hypothesis for this situation:
1. The 4 VG squads seem to put out more long-range damage than its counterpart even if they are suppressed.
2. Since 4 VGs squads are not as crowded as the allies testing subjects, they may keep in normal fight strength for longer.
19 Sep 2019, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 02:08 AMHarry

No, I am still finding that map. If you could, please leave me a link, that will be hugely appreciated.

Not sure if you found it yet, but here it is!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703184792&searchtext=Range+test
19 Sep 2019, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 13:48 PMHarry

Vickers

After center squad suppress

After center squad pined
Mg42

After Center squad pined

Also, I am using cheat tool version 1, not the second version.

on my test u can literally see the suppression value going up , maybe cheat mod 1 is bugged ?
19 Sep 2019, 14:05 PM

Not sure if you found it yet, but here it is!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=703184792&searchtext=Range+test

Thanks, this is gonna be very helpful for the future testing.
19 Sep 2019, 14:10 PM

on my test u can literally see the suppression value going up , maybe cheat mod 1 is bugged ?

Possibly, however, regardless of what happened in my or your test, in my personal opinion, only for the Vickers, it is inferior compared to Mg42, which it should be considering Brits has better mainline infantries.
Also, I have posted my hypothesis about what happened to the changing gunner stuff. Please read it under the vickers and mg42 picture post.
19 Sep 2019, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 14:10 PMHarry

Possibly, however, regardless of what happened in my or your test, in my personal opinion, only for the Vickers, it is inferior compared to Mg42, which it should be considering Brits has better mainline infantries.
Also, I have posted my hypothesis about what happened to the changing gunner stuff. Please read it under the vickers and mg42 picture post.
well yes the vicker is slower in AOE suppression, but single squad thanks to the recent buff it suppresses at the same time as an mg 42
19 Sep 2019, 14:48 PM

well yes the vicker is slower in AOE suppression, but single squad thanks to the recent buff it suppresses at the same time as an mg 42

which is pretended in my test under the suppression test. Vickers should leave as what it is with probably a few very minor changes in the future if the German mainline infantries receive any buff.
19 Sep 2019, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 14:48 PMHarry

which is pretended in my test under the suppression test. Vickers should leave as what it is with probably a few very minor changes in the future if the German mainline infantries receive any buff.
well yes
19 Sep 2019, 14:53 PM

Nothing of value to say except that i appreciate the effort to test all these things. Thanks guys^_^
19 Sep 2019, 16:20 PM

I am under the impression that the gunner has lower priority over other members so he is not being shot at if they are other members of the crew in range.
19 Sep 2019, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 16:20 PMVipper
I ma under the impression that the gunner has lower priority over other members so he is not being shot at if they are other members of the crew in range.[/quote believe that is so as well. It was an early run at reducing the death loop frequency. Great change imo
19 Sep 2019, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 16:20 PMVipper
I ma under the impression that the gunner has lower priority over other members so he is not being shot at if they are other members of the crew in range.

IRC it was made long time ago, to prevent situation where gunners will be killed one by one. Especially by snipers. I remember that old snipers always shoots to gunner, that if you have enough micro you could use time while new gunner go to weapon, to push and kill MG.
19 Sep 2019, 16:43 PM

keep also in mind that the 0.50 gets 1.1x suppression at vet 1 and goes up to 0.000594
19 Sep 2019, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 16:24 PMMaret

IRC it was made long time ago, to prevent situation where gunners will be killed one by one. Especially by snipers. I remember that old snipers always shoots to gunner, that if you have enough micro you could use time while new gunner go to weapon, to push and kill MG.

To be fair that sounds like a completely valid and fair tactic...
19 Sep 2019, 18:19 PM

Not if it prevent you from retreating...
19 Sep 2019, 18:36 PM

Yes, but it also make snipers very, very stronger than now. Some players even go to 3-4 snipers. In 2vs2 it was cancer. And also imagine cons under hoora, when gunner is dead? While grens didn't have such option. But in the other side, ost sniper initiate deathloop on maxim with this.
Today if you want make this trick you should move circle of fire so, that only gunner was inside.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS