Login

russian armor

Maxim Overperforming

PAGES (7)down
14 Sep 2019, 15:26 PM

I find the maxim changes utterly bizzare and not needed and unfortunately now the maxim is overperforming.

If this unit is to get good suppresion which it has now it really needs a squad size reduction to 4 men like all other mg's there is no reason for the maxim to have a 6 man squad.
14 Sep 2019, 15:34 PM

4 men? Too much. 3 man squad, 400mp cost and triple the set up and pack up time.
14 Sep 2019, 15:36 PM

I find the maxim changes utterly bizzare and not needed and unfortunately now the maxim is overperforming.

If this unit is to get good suppresion which it has now it really needs a squad size reduction to 4 men like all other mg's there is no reason for the maxim to have a 6 man squad.

Don't forget remove deathloop, give AP rounds, make it T0 and increase arc of fire to level of MG-42 and we can decrease crew to 4.
14 Sep 2019, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 15:36 PMMaret

Don't forget remove deathloop, give AP rounds, make it T0 and increase arc of fire to level of MG-42 and we can decrease crew to 4.

Don't forget to also decrease price to match the MG-42's

Jokes aside, the only thing that got buffed on the Maxim is its blob-supressing ability, it still works the same vs a single squad, I actually think other MGs should also function like this, as they are primarily area denial and blob control.
14 Sep 2019, 15:43 PM

wtf ?
14 Sep 2019, 16:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Op is upset because he can't A-move volks blobs at Maxims no more as efficiently
14 Sep 2019, 17:12 PM

I'm highly curious which game did you play ??? Was it coh2, or something else.

If memory work, maxim only have aoe suppression increase by a bit and that is all.
14 Sep 2019, 17:22 PM

OP is the same guy who thinks the Panther needs a buff. Pointless thread.
14 Sep 2019, 17:40 PM

If this unit is to get good suppresion which it has now

You do realize that Maxim's suppression itself was not changed, and that only the area of effect suppression (how fast it suppresses other squads around the one it's shooting at) was changed slightly?
14 Sep 2019, 17:51 PM

now the maxim is overperforming.

Thats a bold statement...
Even though i disagree strongly.
And EVEN if it were true, let little maxim be good at least a couple patches, it waited so long for a little attention... poor thing :sibHeart:
14 Sep 2019, 17:52 PM

This is the guy that whined so hard he got balance team to change the Mortar HT WP shells. I'm still pretty salty about that. Spamming threads on coh2 is highly effective.

this is why we should make more hard rules about posting in balance section, at least post stats/replay or test or math to back up ur argument or even i can say "up is down"

90% of the time hte thread start like this "ahahha i can't play this game anymore X unit is OPOPOPOPie whyyyyyyyyy" now change OP for UP if u want to buff something
14 Sep 2019, 18:03 PM

This is the guy that whined so hard he got balance team to change the Mortar HT WP shells.

I don't know about any threads made by this guy, but I can assure you the USF Mortar HT WP ability nerf was an independent decision, because it was overperforming like crazy in high level team games.
14 Sep 2019, 18:08 PM

this is why we should make more hard rules about posting in balance section, at least post stats/replay or test or math to back up ur argument or even i can say "up is down"

90% of the time hte thread start like this "ahahha i can't play this game anymore X unit is OPOPOPOPie whyyyyyyyyy" now change OP for UP if u want to buff something

I agree, except that I think it should be a replay. Also, if the unit is that OP, the the person who starts the thread should have to use the actual unit in a game against equally skilled opponents and then post the replay. It would prevent most BS threads.

Comp stomps wouldn't count. For example, I've used the JT HE barrage in a comp stomp and got over a hundred kills. Against real players I've never got more than about 1/3 of that and sometimes it doesn't work well at all (like trees blocking the shells when the trees don't block normal shells).

BTW, all that changed on the maxim was a couple of suppression values. It still doesn't suppress very well and I'd still rate it as the worst MG.
14 Sep 2019, 18:23 PM

The main problem with maxim is the oversized 6 man squads. My point is with a squad size that large it should not have been buffed without a squad size decrease to at the very least 5 men.
14 Sep 2019, 18:27 PM

The main problem with maxim is the oversized 6 man squads. My point is with a squad size that large it should not have been buffed without a squad size decrease to at the very least 5 men.

Im sorry you cant decrew it with frontal blobs anymore, but the maxim doesn't need any nerfs and certainly didnt need one to be able to do its job.
14 Sep 2019, 18:43 PM

I find crying about 6 man squads stupid, it's the soviet feature to have large squads, just like how USF gets vehicle crews and moving accuarcy. The big squads are an 'advantage' but it's a factional advantage rather than anything to do with the units themselves and should not be looked at as nerfable factors in any way (120mm mortar being the exception as it's the only mortar that doesn't decrew at 1 man, effectively making it like a 6 man mortar anyway)
14 Sep 2019, 18:50 PM

Ah, while we're following the line of logic of 'effectively having 6 men', why don't we just make Maxim have a 20 man crew and make the pop 20, as deathloop negates it anyway, saving the poor folks here from any real threat of Maxim spam :kappa:

For added cheese, remove any suppression from the Maxim itself and give the rest of the crew passive suppression like obers
14 Sep 2019, 18:59 PM

i have been ridiculed for 5 years straight since my demand for playercards in balance section
14 Sep 2019, 19:04 PM

i have been ridiculed for 5 years straight since my demand for playercards in balance section

And that ridicule was all deserved because playercards are just a lazy and elitist excuse for dismissing an argument, no matter how valid or invalid it actually is.

Replays and stats on the other hand are actually useful because stats are purely objective, and replays give evidence to any claimed events in game and allow clear advice and criticism.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment