Login

russian armor

Super heavy tanks changes.

13 Sep 2019, 17:19 PM

Heavy Tank Call-In Changes for all Factions

From my experience so far and in 2vs2 game MOD IS-2/Tiger/Persing/Croc have become even more popular due to earlier arrival. Even KT seem more popular, while I see less of JT/ELe/ISu-152.
14 Sep 2019, 14:03 PM

Maybe with this there will be finally a good way to measure heavy tanks impact on the game.

What i mean, for example, if KT is the last heavy tank to be rushed of all, it can be rightly buffed. The rushing time/normal time will be a new attribute of the unit.
14 Sep 2019, 15:13 PM

Maybe with this there will be finally a good way to measure heavy tanks impact on the game.

What i mean, for example, if KT is the last heavy tank to be rushed of all, it can be rightly buffed. The rushing time/normal time will be a new attribute of the unit.

Imo the changes has actually brought super heavier earlier in the game and they are quite common in 2vs2.

That mean that window of opportunity has become even smaller PzIV, Sherman, Sherman 76 Cromwell will probably see even less action.

Nearly every game I have blade in 2vs2 involved at least 1 super heavy tank.
14 Sep 2019, 22:04 PM

I think that now that they are all tied to tech and more or less normalized they can be tuned to better as needed without being a waffle between worth skipping tech for and not worth anything at all.
14 Sep 2019, 22:36 PM

I think that now that they are all tied to tech and more or less normalized they can be tuned to better as needed without being a waffle between worth skipping tech for and not worth anything at all.

The problem is their timing not their balance...They simply come to early

I see allot more Super heavy units in vs probably more than ever.
19 Sep 2019, 10:14 AM

From 2vs2 in most of the games I see people will use Super heavies even more than before the patch.

This very common also with the Pershing and the Bazooka ranger who seem to be OP.
27 Sep 2019, 13:34 PM

OKW seem to be in disadvantage since the JT (and the commander Tiger) require a T4 with panzer authorization to be called in. In way the tech can be "unlearned" which makes little sense.
27 Sep 2019, 13:41 PM

You are not forced to put schwerer outside of your base nor is it needed for anything.

Its not like you need to protect your fuel from soviet rushing for IS-2 call-in while he harasses you with lights.

Modders explained that plenty of times already, no special snowflaking for OKW anymore, you don't feel like your schwerer will last, don't put it forward. There is no disadvantage, just bad planning.
27 Sep 2019, 13:43 PM

IMO the last patch killed the mediums. Current meta heavily favors 1 Super Heavy + TDs.
27 Sep 2019, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 13:41 PMKatitof
You are not forced to put schwerer outside of your base nor is it needed for anything.

Its not like you need to protect your fuel from soviet rushing for IS-2 call-in while he harasses you with lights.

Modders explained that plenty of times already, no special snowflaking for OKW anymore, you don't feel like your schwerer will last, don't put it forward. There is no disadvantage, just bad planning.

You are actually contradicting yourself Since OKW can loose their tech to Super heavies there are by definition "special snow flaking".

In addition PLS stop "translating" what Modders have to Katitof's theories since you seem be lost completely in the the translation (intentionally or not).

Putting word in other people mouth is a very bad habit which you should quit. If you want to bring the mofder opinion provide a quote or link and not what you though they said.

Example:
27 Sep 2019, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 14:09 PMVipper

You are actually contradicting yourself Since OKW can loose their tech to Super heavies there are by definition "special snow flaking".

In addition PLS stop "translating" what Modders have to Katitof's theories since you seem be lost completely in the the translation (intentionally or not).

Putting word in other people mouth is a very bad habit which you should quit. If you want to bring the mofder opinion provide a quote or link and not what you though they said.

Example:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/95396/september-balance-patch-preview-spbp-general-discussion/post/765263

Suck it up, boi.
27 Sep 2019, 14:18 PM

all heavies could be put up in cps a little, woudnt hurt the game at all, putting tiger and so forth on 11 cps, 9 is very fast
27 Sep 2019, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 14:17 PMKatitof

https://www.coh2.org/topic/95396/september-balance-patch-preview-spbp-general-discussion/post/765263

Suck it up, boi.

Now read again:
He is talking about the Tiger (CP9) not the JT (CP 14).
27 Sep 2019, 14:23 PM

Its completely irrelevant what specific unit is in question.
You want to build tanks(including doctrinal ones), make your schwerer in secure place.
Anything on top of that is just you trying to twist what he said.
27 Sep 2019, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 14:23 PMKatitof
Its completely irrelevant what specific unit is in question.
You want to build tanks(including doctrinal ones), make your schwerer in secure place.
Anything on top of that is just you trying to twist what he said.

JT is a case mate TD not a tank. It also arrives allot later and is more expensive.

This is another nerf to the JT which is completely unnecessary.
27 Sep 2019, 14:26 PM

Its a unit that requires schwerer.
Anything else is irrelevant.
27 Sep 2019, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 14:26 PMKatitof
Its a unit that requires schwerer.
Anything else is irrelevant.

You are entitled to your own theories. Simply do not make them Modders point of view.
Now have a nice day.
bye bye.

27 Sep 2019, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 14:24 PMVipper

JT is a case mate TD not a tank. It also arrives allot later and is more expensive.

This is another nerf to the JT which is completely unnecessary.

This is why playing 2v2 OKW with Breakthrough and JT vs USF with Priests and Time On Target I decided to put my Schwehr HQ in the base so it's safer. This way I managed to preserve it, opposed to my Mechanized Regiment HQ, that I placed outside and it got destroyed. I had to rebuild it to get Stuka zu Fuss. It's risk vs reward. You think you can't secure your structure and you can't afford losing it, you build it in the base.
27 Sep 2019, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 17:19 PMVipper
Heavy Tank Call-In Changes for all Factions

[From my experience so far and in 2vs2 game MOD IS-2/Tiger/Persing/Croc have become even more popular due to earlier arrival. Even KT seem more popular, while I see less of JT/ELe/ISu-152.

It seems like they come earlier and has shortened the window for getting use of medium tanks. I notice this the most with the OKW P4 which always used to be my first piece of armor. Now I sometimes get a JP4 (especially if bad map control) because I'm expecting to see an IS2 or Croc earlier.

I see a lot more Crocs and even some Comets. The Crocs can be difficult to deal with. Comets still seem pretty lackluster. As Soviet, I still get ISU's occasionally, but often get a doctrine that has KV1's in it as those seem to counter Falls spam better than T34's now.
27 Sep 2019, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2019, 15:03 PMGrumpy

It seems like they come earlier and has shortened the window for getting use of medium tanks. I notice this the most with the OKW P4 which always used to be my first piece of armor. Now I sometimes get a JP4 (especially if bad map control) because I'm expecting to see an IS2 or Croc earlier.

I see a lot more Crocs and even some Comets. The Crocs can be difficult to deal with. Comets still seem pretty lackluster. As Soviet, I still get ISU's occasionally, but often get a doctrine that has KV1's in it as those seem to counter Falls spam better than T34's now.

You’re not gonna get much from a an IS2, unless you’ve gone Elite Armoured. Command Panther alongside 2-3 raketens is your best bet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 536

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment