Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjäger is very OP!

PAGES (25)down
8 Oct 2019, 16:15 PM

Lol lutwaffe already has a better version of the stuka AT loiter

For the record, arguably it's worse than the regular Stuka CAS because the AT planes come in after the AI planes, so the enemy will have plenty of time to retreat their vehicles before the AT planes come in. So better at area denial, but worse at raw killing power unless your enemy is afk.

You can see it clearly in action here: https://youtu.be/oBJ70dr9BGQ?t=2224
8 Oct 2019, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2019, 16:01 PMLago

If they remain cloaking, quick TTK elite anti-infantry units, they should have no anti-tank capabilitity whatsoever.

There's a good reason Paratroopers, Shock Troops, Obersoldaten, Commandos, JLI, Thompson Rangers, et cetera are completely impotent against vehicles.

That is not very accurate.

I&R Para get super bazooka, camo, first strike bonus, mine to snare and and AI cooked grenade. They can easily ambush both infatry and vehicles...

Imo Fallj need a redesign, either a airdropped unit closer to paras or infiltration unit.
8 Oct 2019, 17:15 PM

i can't find any changes in their vet req tho in the pacth notes

It probably feels like they vet up faster than before due to:

1. Coming earlier
2. Higher DPS potentially means faster vetting due to the Falls killing more models than before.
8 Oct 2019, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2019, 16:46 PMVipper

I&R Para get super bazooka, camo, first strike bonus, mine to snare and and AI cooked grenade. They can easily ambush both infatry and vehicles...

Imo they need a redesing, either a airdropped unit closer to paras or infiltration unit.

I think I&R paras are less of an issue because they are all bundled with the pak howi so it's got an initial muni cost and definitely prevents spamming like that. The sheer muni invested in is large enough that it creates holes elsewhere that are exploitable (less bars, mines, HVAP, nades...)
8 Oct 2019, 17:52 PM

Imo they need a redesing, either a airdropped unit closer to paras or infiltration unit.

IR Paras can only get cloaking by picking bazookas, which trashes their anti-infantry.

If we had cloaking Thompson Paras with mines, they'd be a problem.
8 Oct 2019, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2019, 17:52 PMLago

IR Paras can only get cloaking by picking bazookas, which trashes their anti-infantry.

If we had cloaking Thompson Paras with mines, they'd be a problem.

The mine/grenade, +4 carbines makes able to deal with infatry. I would call their AI trash.
8 Oct 2019, 19:37 PM

I never said it’s a bad commander, I said it needs a buff if Falls get nerfed again.

Why?
Falls point is to perform well for the cost and be alternative for obers, alternative here doesn't mean another a-move infantry doom unit and yes, I do agree that they do not need faust at all. No other AI elite infantry has a snare, falls shouldn't either. Infantry detection or some similar utility should take its place.
8 Oct 2019, 19:40 PM

Why?
Falls point is to perform well for the cost and be alternative for obers, alternative here doesn't mean another a-move infantry doom unit and yes, I do agree that they do not need faust at all. No other AI elite infantry has a snare, falls shouldn't either. Infantry detection or some similar utility should take its place.

Because the commander is finally in a good enough spot to be meta, so why keep nerfing it? I get Falls potentially being overtuned, but why punish the commander? Like I said, if they’re gonna slightly nerf falls, they should slightly buff the commander to keep it where it is now.

Well since the hotfix didn’t touch falls, I guess they’re staying where they are.
8 Oct 2019, 20:01 PM

Because the commander is finally in a good enough spot to be meta, so why keep nerfing it? I get Falls potentially being overtuned, but why punish the commander? Like I said, if they’re gonna slightly nerf falls, they should slightly buff the commander to keep it where it is now.

Well since the hotfix didn’t touch falls, I guess they’re staying where they are.

Because, if you haven't noticed by last 20 commanders being changed, point is not to make new meta, its to kill meta and make the game more varied.

If suddenly one commander is picked 90% of the time instead of spec ops, congrats, we've identified another op commander.
8 Oct 2019, 20:09 PM

Because, if you haven't noticed by last 20 commanders being changed, point is not to make new meta, its to kill meta and make the game more varied.

If suddenly one commander is picked 90% of the time instead of spec ops, congrats, we've identified another op commander.

Eh, I think people will gradually move past the “shiny new toy” syndrome like they did with JLI.
8 Oct 2019, 20:15 PM

Eh, I think people will gradually move past the “shiny new toy” syndrome like they did with JLI.

The flavor of new free commanders we got recently died much faster, they are still being used, but they are nowhere near meta, so no, no point.

Also, I find it ironic you mentioned JLI, because JLI were batshit OP post buffs and had to be nerfed.
8 Oct 2019, 20:19 PM

The flavor of new free commanders we got recently died much faster, they are still being used, but they are nowhere near meta, so no, no point.

Also, I find it ironic you mentioned JLI, because JLI were batshit OP post buffs and had to be nerfed.

I mention JLI because they were OP, got a slight nerf with cost of mp, muni and no infiltration deployment, so now people rarely use them, hence why I mentioned the shiny new toy syndrome. I think the use of Falls will go down over time and if not, then yeah another nerf would be justified.
8 Oct 2019, 21:02 PM

okw tiger commander is as much meta as the falls commander is
8 Oct 2019, 21:12 PM

For the record, arguably it's worse than the regular Stuka CAS because the AT planes come in after the AI planes, so the enemy will have plenty of time to retreat their vehicles before the AT planes come in. So better at area denial, but worse at raw killing power unless your enemy is afk.

You can see it clearly in action here: https://youtu.be/oBJ70dr9BGQ?t=2224

Im aware of how it works. It also allows falls to reinforce anywhere on the field. It's not better at killing tanks, but it does more for the player overall

I never said it’s a bad commander, I said it needs a buff if Falls get nerfed again.

Any other words you wanna put in my mouth?

Well that makes even less sense, why wouldn't you just do a trade off on falls themselves? Buffing/adding a whole new ability just because fausts are being taken from falls makes no sense

It only makes sense to improve/replace a Commander ability if you're saying the Commander is bad. Just give falls something instead of the faust (mines isn't a good idea either, i agree with Lago's reasoning)

You call JLI a "slight nerf"? Removing infiltration is not a slight nerf. If we removed airdrop from falls that would be a massive change
8 Oct 2019, 23:09 PM

Um I think you are forgetting that infiltration grenades now cost 20(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) mu, putting them at the same cost as a molotov. Thats why the commanderg is dead. I can barely afford to recon at the same price as everyone else with none of the risks now.
8 Oct 2019, 23:26 PM

Um I think you are forgetting that infiltration grenades now cost 20(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) mu, putting them at the same cost as a molotov. Thats why the commanderg is dead. I can barely afford to recon at the same price as everyone else with none of the risks now.

20mun for inf nades is still quite good for what they can do
9 Oct 2019, 01:03 AM

20mun for inf nades is still quite good for what they can do

noooo
its completely broke the commander. its at the point that, even though it has encounter able recon at the same price as all other standard counter able recon i think i would demand a refund if it got even a 1mu increase anywhere. making the command panther follow the rules of all the other call in tanks was a travesty enough but making the infiltration nades 4-5mu a nade was just unjustified and i maintain that even considering changes to the uncounterable recon that cost the same as other counterable recon with none of the drawbacks including not revealing itself on the map when used would be a huge disturbance to the balance of the okw. remember here, i paid money for this and expect it to be illogically better in every single way or i want my money back.

anyways, thats why we are seeing more falls and less command panthers. that mu increase amounts to like, 20mu over the course of the match, combined with the colossal 10mp increase in volks im looking at high end 30mu and 50mp more over the course of the game and its just not manageable to make it without falls now. nerf falls and the entire owk faction falls apart
9 Oct 2019, 01:49 AM

noooo
its completely broke the commander. its at the point that, even though it has encounter able recon at the same price as all other standard counter able recon i think i would demand a refund if it got even a 1mu increase anywhere. making the command panther follow the rules of all the other call in tanks was a travesty enough but making the infiltration nades 4-5mu a nade was just unjustified and i maintain that even considering changes to the uncounterable recon that cost the same as other counterable recon with none of the drawbacks including not revealing itself on the map when used would be a huge disturbance to the balance of the okw. remember here, i paid money for this and expect it to be illogically better in every single way or i want my money back.

anyways, thats why we are seeing more falls and less command panthers. that mu increase amounts to like, 20mu over the course of the match, combined with the colossal 10mp increase in volks im looking at high end 30mu and 50mp more over the course of the game and its just not manageable to make it without falls now. nerf falls and the entire owk faction falls apart

Nice troll there mate lol. Altough what you said inspired something to me. It would be nice if inf nades were priced per nade being launched. The more models the more it cost and inversely. Not sure this can be done though
9 Oct 2019, 02:01 AM

Inflitration with pack howitzer? Lol

9 Oct 2019, 02:04 AM

Inflitration with pack howitzer? Lol

Lol
PAGES (25)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L