Login

russian armor

USF 240mm

28 Aug 2019, 07:59 AM

Dear Mod team, Can you make the 240mm from the Armor Company shell can fully destroy an artillery gun?
Thanks you, Boz

Also can someone please help me with the reply fuction on coh2.org? everytime I tried to reply but it keep saying "Your post is not save, please try again" but i can't see any save option? Thanks alot!

I mean the railway arty it just do done with 1 shotting arty gun so why not the 240? There is only 1 gonna hit where im gonna choose anyway rather than railway 3 in nearly where i aim
28 Aug 2019, 15:11 PM

It would be much better if they made a couple shells land where you click. I know it's supposed to be a RNG cannon but a little less RNG would be nice.
28 Aug 2019, 16:08 PM

1) An offmap strike with insanely high scatter
2) An offmap strike which reliably destroys howitzers

Pick one.
28 Aug 2019, 17:06 PM

Pick one.

Yeah exactly. Not to mention, time on target from infantry company is getting buffed to be a more reliable anti-howitzer ability
28 Aug 2019, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pick one.

Both. Didn't they make Railway artillery have the first shell land dead center ?
28 Aug 2019, 18:00 PM

Railway is basically 3 really good scatter insane damage b4 shells
28 Aug 2019, 18:05 PM

Both. Didn't they make Railway artillery have the first shell land dead center ?

True, but 240mm has more shells by a good amount iirc?
28 Aug 2019, 18:43 PM

True, but 240mm has more shells by a good amount iirc?

It does but has less instagibbing and a lot more RNG, plus big spacing between shots fired.
28 Aug 2019, 19:21 PM

It does but has less instagibbing and a lot more RNG, plus big spacing between shots fired.

The time delay means this ability rarely hits any units. I've tried it against arty a couple of times and the best result was decrewing the weapon once. I've had it used against me several times. If I only have a couple of units in the circle I sometimes just ignore it if I need a territory in the circle because the likelihood that it hits anything is really small if you just have a few units. It is good against OKW if they do their version of Sim City and stack all their trucks in a small area.

I haven't played any 1v1's recently but the Armor Doctrine as a whole isn't very good in 3's or 4's. There usually isn't a lot of medium or light armor by the time the M10 hits the field and it is terrible against late game armor. Assault engineers are okay against Sturms but, like Sturms, they don't scale well into late game.

It would be a lot better if they made even just one shell hit where intended, even if they took out several shells.

28 Aug 2019, 21:04 PM

Yeah it does but it fires a lot more shells and I think the possible scatter is also way higher on the 240mm
28 Aug 2019, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2019, 19:21 PMGrumpy

The time delay means this ability rarely hits any units. I've tried it against arty a couple of times and the best result was decrewing the weapon once. I've had it used against me several times. If I only have a couple of units in the circle I sometimes just ignore it if I need a territory in the circle because the likelihood that it hits anything is really small if you just have a few units. It is good against OKW if they do their version of Sim City and stack all their trucks in a small area.

I haven't played any 1v1's recently but the Armor Doctrine as a whole isn't very good in 3's or 4's. There usually isn't a lot of medium or light armor by the time the M10 hits the field and it is terrible against late game armor. Assault engineers are okay against Sturms but, like Sturms, they don't scale well into late game.

It would be a lot better if they made even just one shell hit where intended, even if they took out several shells.

Ive seen it used by better players than I to good effect in 1v1s, since the shells can make short work of armor with a lucky hit, but it all comes down to RNGesus.

Personally I don't think it should be changed much though; risk is too high it'd somehow get nerfed overall in the process of making it more 'consistent', and its an expensive enough ability that functions more as a high stakes dice roll than a dedicated damage dealer.
29 Aug 2019, 00:50 AM

Ive seen it used by better players than I to good effect in 1v1s, since the shells can make short work of armor with a lucky hit, but it all comes down to RNGesus.

Personally I don't think it should be changed much though; risk is too high it'd somehow get nerfed overall in the process of making it more 'consistent', and its an expensive enough ability that functions more as a high stakes dice roll than a dedicated damage dealer.

It happens once in awhile - even I had it work once back when OKW sim city was strong. I picked armor company early for some stupid reason and didn't have a counter to LEIG's/Schwerer. I was down something like 480 to 19 when I hit the Schwerer. One shell helped finish it and another hit a P4 that was retreating and finished it. I ended up winning. However, few people stack their trucks like that now and most of the time it just works as a very expensive area of denial tool.

I tried it in a comp-stomp today. It has around 8-9 shells and they are about 7 seconds apart. I'd gladly give up a couple for having one hit at the center. Either that or consider lowering the price as the long wait for the first shell pretty much guarantees that anything mobile will not be caught in the circle when the first shell hits. Spending 250 munis for a 1 minute area denial doesn't seem like a good deal.
29 Aug 2019, 01:33 AM

You can major arty it sometimes if you get him close enough (more a 1s and 2s thing). IIRC vet2 major (cuz his barrage gets more shells at vet2) wil kill it in one go for only 60 muni if you can get close enough to call it.
29 Aug 2019, 02:16 AM

You can major arty it sometimes if you get him close enough (more a 1s and 2s thing). IIRC vet2 major (cuz his barrage gets more shells at vet2) wil kill it in one go for only 60 muni if you can get close enough to call it.

Major arty doesn't kill Lefh reliably, and like you said, you've got to get him close in order to use it. I would agree its definitely more cost effective versus them than the 250 munition dice roll orbital strikes though.
29 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

I'm thinking maybe off map arty as a whole needs an overhaul. Generally it's only any good for knocking out static units it either does so reliably and is good, or has high scatter and damage potential but is unreliable and trash.

Perhaps normalizing the time it takes for arty to come in and giving the Hard hitter arty a larger damage area and lower kill radius and Supression so that it can be useful AND RNG without stepping on the toes of pinpoint strikes.
31 Aug 2019, 23:04 PM

I think it would be nice to have a second USF commander with a true offmap that can kill artillery.

After looking at the roster, since mechanized artillery became tied to the WC51 only infantry company can be used as a true off map vs artillery or pak43s.

I would also note that the cost is higher than time on target so it would certainly not be too cheap to 1 shot artillery as is suggested here.
31 Aug 2019, 23:53 PM

There is a small chance it might fail, as you need at least 2 shells to land on it, which is up to dice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★