Thoughts on OKWs Flak Half Track

PAGES (7)down
10 Sep 2019, 20:25 PM

It's useful in team games. Not 1v1.
10 Sep 2019, 20:37 PM

Flack halftrac damage and suppresion is worse than a maxim at vet 0
10 Sep 2019, 20:45 PM

Flack halftrac damage and suppresion is worse than a maxim at vet 0

Have you tried shooting it at infantry yet?
10 Sep 2019, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2019, 20:45 PMKatitof

Have you tried shooting it at infantry yet?

I watched a guy on twitch use it.

It tickled infantry while never suppresing infantry to red status on flat ground, no cover.
10 Sep 2019, 21:52 PM

I got your point. But with the new patch which just come live, i thing we can both be happy and move on. You have more mean to counter bofor with new rak. I have reliable suppression with the new bofor without deleting squad.

Yeah it is much more healthier now with better suppression but lower damage. But currently it needs anti air improvement IMO.
12 Sep 2019, 09:49 AM

I watched a guy on twitch use it.

It tickled infantry while never suppresing infantry to red status on flat ground, no cover.

It is pretty much what it does that whole time.

The patch changes, there is still no real reason why it should even be used since it is still such an underwhelming unit.

There is really no real improvements made on the FHT. Costs wont change the incentive, it is performance.
13 Sep 2019, 15:01 PM

Really it just needs the AOE of its suppression updated. It will only suppress one squad at a time as far as I can tell, even if they are pretty much on top of each other. So you don't even have to try and flank it, just blob two squads with any variety of AT at it and you can more than likely push it off.
13 Sep 2019, 19:13 PM

It is pretty much what it does that whole time.

The patch changes, there is still no real reason why it should even be used since it is still such an underwhelming unit.

There is really no real improvements made on the FHT. Costs wont change the incentive, it is performance.

It's fine. It does its job and has a place in team games. I've had them used against me well in 1v1s too. They certainly don't just "tickle" infantry and the suppression works quite well.
13 Sep 2019, 19:19 PM

It's fine. It does its job and has a place in team games. I've had them used against me well in 1v1s too. They certainly don't just "tickle" infantry and the suppression works quite well.

He is obsessed with it for some reason. After the small adjustments the Flak HT got, it's perfectly fine. It can wreak havoc on USF LT and Soviet T1 builds because without AT gun it's almost impossible to counter if microed right. It's not a unit that works in every game but in the right situation it can dominate so much that it wins you the game.
13 Sep 2019, 19:58 PM

He is obsessed with it for some reason. After the small adjustments the Flak HT got, it's perfectly fine. It can wreak havoc on USF LT and Soviet T1 builds because without AT gun it's almost impossible to counter if microed right. It's not a unit that works in every game but in the right situation it can dominate so much that it wins you the game.

Yeah I agree, it's like the USF AAHT. It's not great every game but if you time it right against the right opponent, it can dominate. And I think thats the point of CoH2 right? In reality he's not going to stop with the threads until the entire roster of OKW is reworked in someway. Off the top of my head hes asked for revamps to Kubel, Sturms, Volks, Obers, Luchs, Flak-HT, Panther, and some additional units or abilities from some doctrines. It's one thing to discuss units in a balance context but when every single thread you make is asking for a rework to an OKW unit, it gets old fast.
14 Sep 2019, 14:20 PM

He is obsessed with it for some reason.

He is obsessed with the entire OKW faction, for no reason IMO.
14 Sep 2019, 15:37 PM

I think the flak halftruck suffers from battlegroup HQ being weaker. If I had to rebalance the okw tiers a bit I’d put the stuka HT on Battlegroup, IR HT on Schwerer HQ and the 250 HT from Ostheer on the mechanized HQ. Stuka and HT would be a nice combo.
15 Sep 2019, 00:25 AM

I think the flak halftruck suffers from battlegroup HQ being weaker. If I had to rebalance the okw tiers a bit I’d put the stuka HT on Battlegroup, IR HT on Schwerer HQ and the 250 HT from Ostheer on the mechanized HQ. Stuka and HT would be a nice combo.

OKW design is around poor combined arms strategies, at least until midgame. Since most OKW units tend to be really good at one specific task, the only possible weakness to stop it from being stupid OP is a bad synergy between its units.

Because of that i disagree. WStuka must be locked behind a more risky and expensive tier, because it fights very effectively static gameplay, allied team weapons have almost no chance against it and in teamgames they can exploit their teammates pushing the frontlines meanwhile stukas deal with ATG, HMGs and infantry squads that are numerous at that time frame.

I do like IRHT on schwerer though, if not reworking IRHT at all. BGHQ promotes a lot of stationary gameplay by itself, pairing it with stukas means you have the perfect tool to deal with the same playstile you promote. A 250 on MechHQ will require serious volks nerfs and will make doctrinal Opel blitz useless, because a mobile reinforce platform for a cost effective troop as volks means steamrolling over allies and thast truly OP.
15 Sep 2019, 01:09 AM

OKW design is around poor combined arms strategies, at least until midgame. Since most OKW units tend to be really good at one specific task, the only possible weakness to stop it from being stupid OP is a bad synergy between its units.

Because of that i disagree. WStuka must be locked behind a more risky and expensive tier, because it fights very effectively static gameplay, allied team weapons have almost no chance against it and in teamgames they can exploit their teammates pushing the frontlines meanwhile stukas deal with ATG, HMGs and infantry squads that are numerous at that time frame.

I do like IRHT on schwerer though, if not reworking IRHT at all. BGHQ promotes a lot of stationary gameplay by itself, pairing it with stukas means you have the perfect tool to deal with the same playstile you promote. A 250 on MechHQ will require serious volks nerfs and will make doctrinal Opel blitz useless, because a mobile reinforce platform for a cost effective troop as volks means steamrolling over allies and thast truly OP.

I was thinking more in terms of BG giving you static weaponry that can cover zones, stuka offensively and flak ht defensively, while the mechanized HQ gives the Luchs&Puma combo for a more mobile playstyle which I thought a 250 would complement by allowing infantry to follow them. Alternatively you could bring over the Jagdpanzer 38 from the all units mod over to the BGHQ which would further underline the static T1 vs mobile T2 dynamic.
16 Sep 2019, 10:30 AM

How am I obsessed?

I am addressing an issue, an issue which I find very annoying since it is problematic.

You think that its alright, why not try using it every game instead.

Against Soviet T1, are you joking. It is not great against them, it is terrible. That is a shit point you have made.

Here is why. Get a M3A1 Scour Car with Penals AT on top, it kills already the FHT. Easy counter.

Another shit point you have made is T1 LT. Get a STUART which is great, m20 which can destory FHT or get zooks. Easy counter FHT.

It is not impossible, it is possible to counter FHT easily.

Stop making shitty points and actually start using it.

16 Sep 2019, 10:41 AM

How am I obsessed?

I am addressing an issue, an issue which I find very annoying since it is problematic.

You think that its alright, why not try using it every game instead.

Against Soviet T1, are you joking. It is not great against them, it is terrible. That is a shit point you have made.

Here is why. Get a M3A1 Scour Car with Penals AT on top, it kills already the FHT. Easy counter.

Another shit point you have made is T1 LT. Get a STUART which is great, m20 which can destory FHT or get zooks. Easy counter FHT.

It is not impossible, it is possible to counter FHT easily.

Stop making shitty points and actually start using it.

Oh please. The FHT has literally won me so many games on its own against Soviet T1 builds. You just don't know how to use it right. It's rude but it really is a L2P issue.
16 Sep 2019, 10:46 AM

Oh please. The FHT has literally won me so many games on its own against Soviet T1 builds. You just don't know how to use it right. It's rude but it really is a L2P issue.

That is obviously an overstatement for anyone who has actually been playing COH2.

It is crap, that is a fact.

The only usage FHT is ever viable is team games. 1v1 always ends bad unless you are up against a bad player which I suppose that is how you won your many games with it.

16 Sep 2019, 10:59 AM

That is obviously an overstatement for anyone who has actually been playing COH2.

It is crap, that is a fact.

The only usage FHT is ever viable is team games. 1v1 always ends bad unless you are up against a bad player which I suppose that is how you won your many games with it.

It's a fact because you said so? And why are you trying to lecture about bad players? Your OKW ranks are all 1000+
apart from 1v1 where you are around 350.

Next time I use FHT I send you a replay so you can learn something ok?

16 Sep 2019, 11:00 AM

It's a fact because you said so? And why are you trying to lecture about bad players? Your OKW ranks are all 1000+
apart from 1v1 where you are around 350.

Next time I use FHT I send you a replay so you can learn something ok?

I have watched replays.

One replay wont help change that.

It is literally 20-25% chance of it ever really being viable in 1v1 games.

T70, Luchs, STUART, M20, AEC are always viable.
16 Sep 2019, 11:02 AM

I have watched replays.

One replay wont help change that.

Ok, so just refuse to learn and keep making balance threads on COH2.org hoping the balance team will help you win.

Pro tip: Put Volks + Rak next to your Flak HT and be amazed how effective it is when supported against Soviet T1 and USF LT.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS