Login

russian armor

Ostwind Overbuffed?

PAGES (9)down
21 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM

and the other has much better armor and better moving accuracy

The armor difference doesn't matter a whole lot at that level. Most AT still has 100% chance to penetrate. The ability to flat out escape is better

Im not sure it needs even a slight nerf. But stop dismissing threads you don't like
21 Aug 2019, 20:08 PM

The armor difference doesn't matter a whole lot at that level. Most AT still has 100% chance to penetrate. The ability to flat out escape is better

Im not sure it needs even a slight nerf. But stop dismissing threads you don't like
is that why people cry so much for the p4 having 20 more armor than other tanks ? :snfPeter:
21 Aug 2019, 20:10 PM

is that why people cry so much for the p4 having 20 more armor than other tanks ? :snfPeter:

Pretty sure they're usually talking about okw p4/vet 2 ost. Never seen someone complain about vanilla ost p4 armor, but this is also irrelevant to the thread
21 Aug 2019, 20:13 PM

Pretty sure they're usually talking about okw p4/vet 2 ost. Never seen someone complain about vanilla p4 armor, but this is also irrelevant to the thread
i saw people (not gonna name them here but u know them) saying the t 34 76 is less durable than other tank by a lot as it has 10-30 less armor than other medium :snfPeter:

btw back on topic, the 50 more armor of the centaur will allow it to survive a medium tank much more easily as it will have the same armor as a Sherman (and before u say ostwind can outrun other tanks, it's slower than all other medium tanks)
21 Aug 2019, 21:01 PM

btw back on topic, the 50 more armor of the centaur will allow it to survive a medium tank much more easily as it will have the same armor as a Sherman (and before u say ostwind can outrun other tanks, it's slower than all other medium tanks)

The speed is helpful for escaping range of any unit, including mediums. You don't need to outrun the tank, it's not Nascar. You just need to get back close enough to your own units to scare medium away

The p4 has about a 2/3 chance of penetrating it, everything above that is still guaranteed
21 Aug 2019, 21:12 PM

Permanently Banned
What I do vs Ost that may have tried to rush Ostwind is T1 skippers are definately rushing for it. T2 skipping is more subtle, no LV or pak in sight = beware of ostwind. I get ranger/para 3 zooks and maybe backed up with at gun.

Vs T1 aggression, if they don't have agrens, go mechanized which i recommend in the loadout, don't cap with the jeep, only if it's low on health, just harass the crap out of a snareless build. If he focuses on agrens, just get a few mgs, tech zooks, get rangers, paras without upgrades and just wait for the 13 minute mark then get zooks.
21 Aug 2019, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2019, 17:20 PMFarlion
My Luchs was destroyed by a Centaur. How can this be? I demand it be nerfed, it has too much health for a Luchs to kill.

Puma would be a better comparison.
21 Aug 2019, 23:58 PM

The speed is helpful for escaping range of any unit, including mediums. You don't need to outrun the tank, it's not Nascar. You just need to get back close enough to your own units to scare medium away

The p4 has about a 2/3 chance of penetrating it, everything above that is still guaranteed
well, that's the point anything above p4 is either a td or heavy tank, im quite sure anything above cromwell and sherman pen 160-180 armor

and again my point still stand, ostwind loses armor for speed (not even that much speed)
22 Aug 2019, 02:12 AM

and again my point still stand, ostwind loses armor for speed

Nobody was disputing that. The point is ill take speed that can help against all units, over armor that gives me less than a 1/3 chance of deflecting a medium and nothing against AT guns, stug, etc
22 Aug 2019, 05:41 AM

Hey guys,

Hoping to discuss the new and improved ostwind since the last patch.
The stuart is a good AT platform so I build one to match up against the ostwind.

I know RNG is a factor and this is a sample size of 1 but
is the ostwind over-performing vs armor/AT platforms.

Yours truly,
Your favorite USF main

I sincerely cant ignore the fact that Ostwind has been asked for a buff for quite a while and people now have the nerve to complaint of it, as soon as it starts to become nuisance in their every day matches.

Lets start with a clear setup: Stuart is not a good AT platform if you read any other thread. A sample size of 1 is awful bad and to make things worse there is nothing stopping you from doing the same experiment at lest 5 times if you want to use the RNG card.

I would really care of the ostwind balance if the situation were something like: Swarms of Ostwinds razing every single unit in their way, from infantry to medium tanks... That would be scary to say the least.
Damn, if ostwinds could roflstomp anything other than infantry and some missfortuned ATG...
22 Aug 2019, 05:48 AM

Nobody was disputing that. The point is ill take speed that can help against all units, over armor that gives me less than a 1/3 chance of deflecting a medium and nothing against AT guns, stug, etc

Your point can be proved wrong if you consider the proper scenario.

If you can choose to fight or not, then its better to have speed, it gives you the power to choose.

If you cant choose to fight you just want to withstand the damage of it, to have time to find any support unit available or to have time for ability to let you escape.

No one is better if you only want to land a diving stuka bomb...
22 Aug 2019, 06:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

My feeling is that the Ostwind is way better in the earlier stages in the game compared to the Centaur, while the Cebtaur, while the Centaur is a tad better later on. The higher mobility gives Ostwind more use when there's not much AT around and it can run from an enemy medium. The Centaur can't do that, it's just too slow and therefore needs more support.

Going Ostwind as first tank is a viable strategy when followed up by StuG/P4. UKF on the other hand is usually better off going Cromwell into Centaur, Centaur first is more a comeback chance for your opponent than an advantage for you
22 Aug 2019, 10:55 AM

is this why everyone said cromwell was UP and needed more buffs and p4 was too strong :snfPeter:
22 Aug 2019, 11:45 AM

is this why everyone said cromwell was UP and needed more buffs and p4 was too strong :snfPeter:

Do you want to make some point, or just badly wanted to make a post in this thread but didn't knew what to type?

Because ostwinds aren't exactly meant to fight centaurs.
22 Aug 2019, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 11:45 AMKatitof

Do you want to make some point, or just badly wanted to make a post in this thread but didn't knew what to type?

Because ostwinds aren't exactly meant to fight centaurs.
my point is that armor matters as much as speed, especially after 2 YEARS of listening to people saying p4 is ultra strong vs other medium tanks and % of pen and deflection thrown left and right, and when i use the same argument but on the other side of the fence it is now irrelevant ? Ans speed matter much more ?

so where is it over performing ? AI ? same as centuar as shown in the other thread, AT ? same or worse depending on the target armor and if it's moving

so i will ask again why would one say centaur is ok but ostwind is op ?

vs at infantry armor matter even more

22 Aug 2019, 12:08 PM

so i will ask again why would one say centaur is ok but ostwind is op ?

Chasing.

vs at infantry armor matter even more

vs AT infantry, centaur armor is 100% irrelevant, because axis AT infantry has 100% pen chance.
Ostwind can bounce only PTRS.

Considering the two in context of AT infantry, armor is as non factor as it can humanely be, because handheld AT will not struggle to pen eiter and ATGs will 100% pen both, therefore one with better mobility has clear advantage.
22 Aug 2019, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 12:08 PMKatitof

Chasing.

vs AT infantry, centaur armor is 100% irrelevant, because axis AT infantry has 100% pen chance.
Ostwind can bounce only PTRS.

Considering the two in context of AT infantry, armor is as non factor as it can humanely be, because handheld AT will not struggle to pen eiter and ATGs will 100% pen both, therefore one with better mobility has clear advantage.
well no, u can't only count pen when using at weapons, the zook and piat may have less pen but the reload is better and accuracy too, centaur has less target size than oswtind alredy btw

to put it simply centaur will have the same durability as medium tank vs AT inf weapons, the ostwind will not

btw i think we should nerf the cromwell and t 34 and sherman they are too good at chasing :snfPeter:
22 Aug 2019, 14:25 PM

the ostwind is really really good... but it doesnt seem op (anymore)... leave it as it is...
22 Aug 2019, 14:33 PM

to put it simply centaur will have the same durability as medium tank vs AT inf weapons, the ostwind will not

Which is meaningless, the shreck will still pen it 100%

Can you stop saying "well other ppl are saying this"? Who cares? Have your own fucking opinion and stop whining to me about what other people say
22 Aug 2019, 14:40 PM

Which is meaningless, the shreck will still pen it 100%

Can you stop saying "well other ppl are saying this"? Who cares? Have your own fucking opinion and stop whining to me about what other people say
it's u who responded to me first tho, i was not adressing u :snfPeter:

"Everyone already knows they're the same when standing still. As Shadow said one of them is much faster than the other, so it's easier to handle

Can you also try not to accuse everyone you disagree with of crying for nerfs? All I see is someone starting a discussion"
btw here is the title of the thread "Ostwind Overbuffed?" better remove those ham slices from ur eyes
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS