Login

russian armor

UI fixes with gamefiles for upcoming patch

19 Aug 2019, 09:14 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello there!

with dealy in one week, i've opened the thread about fixes, which can be done with gamefiles. I will post here only stuff, which connected with touched in any way units/abilities etc.
Edit: Artillery standartisation touching not only affected in the patchnote abilities/units. Shells abilities standartisation also affecting M* Greyhound, which wasn't touched in this patchnote.

Partisans first strike bonus
Doesn't have any indicator, unlike Ostheer or UKF variants

Possible icon for it

Minesweeper upgrade for Combat Engineers
Now it have additional repair rate bonus, and mainly the same with OKW variant (minesweeper, wirecut and increased repair rate)

IS-2 HE Shell
This variant will bring it in line with other Shell abilities

Defensive doctrine order of abilities
Order in a mess and not match with preview of the commander. Don't look on fixed icons, they are taken from QoL thread.

->

Minesweeper upgrade for Pioneers
Same as Combat Engineers

StuG HEAT shell
The most obvious solution here is give it HEAT icon

Ostheer First Strike Bonus
Has indicator, but using incorrect icon for it.

Ostheer spotting scopes

USF and UKF Medics
Something need to be done with THREE abilities with medical supplies on them.

Falls first strike bonus
Same as partisans

OKW Ople Blitz aura indicator
Should get icon, which better exaplining it's effect (icreased reload speed for abilities)

Infantry Section Healing Aura Ability(and commisar's too)
I suggest to change icon on variant from USF ambulance and medics, because ability working as an aura.
->

Flares
Soviets and UKF using old variant, should be changed.
->

Text strings issues
Same rule - only touched units/abilities and etc.
1. Panzergrenadiers don't have requirements string for G43, when squad doesn't have enough slot items.
2. Shocktroops call-in ability in the main menu using description string from guards.
3. Volksgrenadiers M24 Grenades (fragmentation and incendiary) using same string for yellow text.
4. Volksgrenadiers vet 4 and vet 5 descriptions is all out of whack.
5. Flamehetzer doesn't have freestanding white and yellow strings for commander ability.
6. Sturmtiger, in the main menu, using incorrect string for call-in description.
7. King Tiger using incorrect string for call-in white description.
8. Requirement for using guards vet 1 ability using string from veterancy 1 description.
9. KV-2 string "effective vs" (yellow text about choosed unit) and IL-2 Sturmovik Attacks yellow text using the same string #11020682.
10. German bunker doesn't have yellow text at all.
12. AVRE and AT infantry section using the same string for call-ins yellow description (click to dispatch). String 11082826
13. Tiger using the same string with Tiger Ace for vet 2 description.
14. StuG III G using the same string for name and white description with Elefant and other owners of TWP users.
15. Falls vet 4 and volks vet 5 using one string for both.
16. Infantry section's deafult cover bonus and improved cover bonus using one string for their indicator on unit's portrait.
17. Requirement for using obersoldaten vet 4 ability using string from veterancy 4 description.
18. Command Tiger and Artillery officer inspiration abilities using one string for vehicles indicator on unit's portrait.

Artillery standartisation

Shell icons standartisation

Skin ideas

Conscript sergant 3D Model adjust
Current model doesn't have winter variant, it's not the optimal choice. But, there is exist unused model of capeless guards. Even more, it looks mainly like sergant model.
Comparison

List is not final, i will update it with future itterations.
19 Aug 2019, 10:36 AM

great work as usual.
20 Aug 2019, 15:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would like to mention some possible solutions with skins.
1. Since OKW Opel Blitz got some love, give it finally panzergrau (like other vehicles without skins) (Should be done for sure)
2. Tiger,221 and opel blitz can use skinks from Starbuck Ostheer skinpack, when OKW Starbuck skinpack is selected. (optional)
3. Achilles I and M5 for UKF can use Starbuck skins from USF Starbuck skinpack. (optional)
20 Aug 2019, 17:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Two quite big ideas, which will make visual language of the icons much cleaner. I've spent on them some time, collecting and lurking in gamefiles, that's why they require on 85% gamefiles assets. All non-gamefiles assets are marked and just presented here to show full picture of how it can be.

Artillery standartisation

This one is much smaller and will match with suggested here changes for IS-2, StuGs and released abilities for M4A3(76) and M-42.

Shell icons standartisation

20 Aug 2019, 18:12 PM

Nice work! I always hated the icons will entire shells, casing and all, flying toward the target.

For constructive feedback:
I would keep the circle on AT Overwatch, since it indicates the ability is an overwatch. I also think that the existing anti-building incendiary barrage icon is more interesting from an artistic perspective, and communicates the anti-building focus better, but yours is definitely more consistent.

Also, I wanted to mention to you that I'm working on a text overhaul of the game, and I would really appreciate your feedback once I get some more of it finished.
20 Aug 2019, 18:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

For constructive feedback:
I would keep the circle on AT Overwatch, since it indicates the ability is an overwatch. I also think that the existing anti-building incendiary barrage icon is more interesting from an artistic perspective, and communicates the anti-building focus better, but yours is definitely more consistent.

I can change it, but then it won't be from gamefiles. It's quite easy. I also think to add "eye" symbol (like german overwatch has) for more consistency.

Also, I wanted to mention to you that I'm working on a text overhaul of the game, and I would really appreciate your feedback once I get some more of it finished.

Happy to help! Something like that i already have done in russian localization mod.
20 Aug 2019, 18:38 PM

Oh, right- I hadn't kept that requirement in mind.

Thank you! I'm hoping that the changes will be considered for implementation, but it will be a mod if not.
21 Aug 2019, 20:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

OKW Ople Blitz aura indicator
Should get icon, which better exaplining it's effect (icreased reload speed for abilities)

Infantry Section Healing Aura Ability(and commisar's too)
I suggest to change icon on variant from USF ambulance and medics, because ability working as an aura.
->

Flares
Soviets and UKF using old variant, should be changed.
->

Conscript sergant 3D Model adjust
Current model doesn't have winter variant, it's not the optimal choice. But, there is exist unused model of capeless guards. Even more, it looks mainly like sergant model.
Comparison

22 Aug 2019, 06:35 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Current model doesn't have winter variant, it's not the optimal choice.

In addition, someone found an animation bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1840643155
22 Aug 2019, 21:55 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ostheer Spotting scopes don't have any indicator when activated.

To prevent new issues with lack of text strings - portrait indicator required at least three variants
1. for 251
2. for 222
3. for other vehicles
Reason - different affect
Fittable icon - same as used for spotting scopes upgrade.

Also, it can get symbol above vehicle as addition. Fittable symbol used by OKW vehicles, when they got vet 4 (iirc panther and panzer IV J)
28 Aug 2019, 04:15 AM

Where's the Conscript Sergeant used?
28 Aug 2019, 05:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Where's the Conscript Sergeant used?

It is the 7th Conscript.
28 Aug 2019, 06:35 AM

It is the 7th Conscript.

Ah cool, I didn't notice that little guy had a unique model.

I'm actually against changing the summer model, because I like the Red Army tabs on the shoulders. By all means alter the Winter model though.
28 Aug 2019, 07:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Suddenly, winter and summer variants of model are connected with each other. IOW you can‘t change one model without changing the second one.
28 Aug 2019, 16:01 PM

I think the model should be changed, even though it looks better than the other option.

Are there LoD issues with the current one? I read that but never tested it myself.
3 Sep 2019, 23:38 PM

in live the ostheer camo is listed as CP 2 in the comannder but is actually cp 1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★