Login

russian armor

Jaeger command squad should be buffed!

17 Aug 2019, 18:29 PM

This elite unit just can be call in one squad, but it even not as good as 5-mans grenadier.

I think replace the Jaeger's grenadiers G43 by panzer grenadiers G43 is a good way to buff it.

Do you guys think so?
17 Aug 2019, 18:34 PM

Uh they already come stock with 3 g43s and ambush camo and are objectively better than the 5 man grens squad that German infantry has for a variety of reasons. They've also got smoke and flares IIRC and they only cost manpower to cal in. It's a great unit already and doesn't need a buff at all.
17 Aug 2019, 20:35 PM

Fantastic squad imo. They are elite grens and that is represented well imo. They still have all of the support that being wehr allows, but with more bite and utility.
17 Aug 2019, 20:54 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

TBH I think it's the best squad for price ingame. 3 G43s, ambush camo, smoke grenade, flare, sprint, 5 man. And I think it's only like 300MP(?). It's really fantastic.
17 Aug 2019, 21:22 PM

The squad's equipment is great and they come in an excellent doctrine.

However, the reason why the Jaeger Command Squad squad seems so weak is their extremely late timing (3 CP), so you're not able to fit them in your core Grenadier build and they fight against vetted or elite infantry when they arrive on the field. It should definitely be lowered to 2 or even 1 CP.

Another problem with the JCS is that their flare range never increases with veterancy like for example Panzerfusiliers, so that use of them is a bit limited, which is a shame.

They also don't get the accuracy bonus when cloaked, unlike their camoed G43 Grenadier counterpart.
17 Aug 2019, 21:35 PM

It should definitely be lowered to 2 or even 1 CP.

Then the same thing needs to be done with the paratroopers and rangers )

And the pathfinders are much weaker than the jaeger. Take a look at the target size and DPS.
17 Aug 2019, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 21:35 PMRiley

Then the same thing needs to be done with the paratroopers and rangers )

And the pathfinders are much weaker than the jaeger. Take a look at the target size and DPS.

Paratroopers and Rangers are elite infantry, the Jaeger Command Squad is a beefed up mainline infantry unit. My point being that the command squad is not strong enough to justify 3 CP.

Not sure where the comparison with Pathfinders came from, considering both squads serve a different role, with Pathfinders having a damage crit, making them good supporting units. Pathfinders actually win at long range against the command squad because of said crit.

On second consideration, 1 CP would be too low for the command squad, considering the G43 upgrade comes at 2 CP. So 2 CP would fit them perfectly.
17 Aug 2019, 22:30 PM

Massive sight range, 3 G43s, 5 men, ambush camo, smoke, vet1 flare and auto heal at vet2, all for a mere 300 manpower. Basicly you just pay for the extra 5th man compared to a 240 mp grenadier squad.
I'm pretty sure that the JCS is the best all rounder for Wehrmacht, being effective at all ranges in combat.
17 Aug 2019, 22:35 PM

It also lets you skip Tier 1 and still have snares. Good for cloaking Panzergrenadier builds.
17 Aug 2019, 22:49 PM

I'm pretty sure that the JCS is the best all rounder for Wehrmacht, being effective at all ranges in combat.

The best all rounders are actually G43 Panzergrenadiers, if you want to butcher your short and midrange for that small amount of long range dps. :snfPeter:
17 Aug 2019, 23:13 PM

The best all rounders are actually G43 Panzergrenadiers, if you want to butcher your short and midrange for that small amount of long range dps. :snfPeter:

For cost.
Less MP, no mu cost. Definitely a solid squad.
18 Aug 2019, 00:27 AM

The squad's equipment is great and they come in an excellent doctrine.

However, the reason why the Jaeger Command Squad squad seems so weak is their extremely late timing (3 CP), so you're not able to fit them in your core Grenadier build and they fight against vetted or elite infantry when they arrive on the field. It should definitely be lowered to 2 or even 1 CP.

Another problem with the JCS is that their flare range never increases with veterancy like for example Panzerfusiliers, so that use of them is a bit limited, which is a shame.

They also don't get the accuracy bonus when cloaked, unlike their camoed G43 Grenadier counterpart.

IDK a 2 or 1 cp 5 man squad with 3 G43s would just be seal clubbing. When I use it I like to go MG42, 2 grens, sniper and then get the command squad. That way I don't end up with way too many grens and I keep a balanced army comp without shooting myself in the foot in the early game.
18 Aug 2019, 08:11 AM

Paratroopers and Rangers are elite infantry, the Jaeger Command Squad is a beefed up mainline infantry unit. My point being that the command squad is not strong enough to justify 3 CP.

Not sure where the comparison with Pathfinders came from, considering both squads serve a different role, with Pathfinders having a damage crit, making them good supporting units. Pathfinders actually win at long range against the command squad because of said crit.

On second consideration, 1 CP would be too low for the command squad, considering the G43 upgrade comes at 2 CP. So 2 CP would fit them perfectly.

NO. If we want Jeager to 1-2CP. WE ALSO NEED PARATROOPERS to 1-2CP. U want buff for JEager. Otherwise, the riflemams will lose any fight
18 Aug 2019, 09:27 AM
18 Aug 2019, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 08:11 AMRiley

NO. If we want Jeager to 1-2CP. WE ALSO NEED PARATROOPERS to 1-2CP. U want buff for JEager. Otherwise, the riflemams will lose any fight

The Jaeger Command Squad is just a G43 Grenadier squad with an extra G43 model. Every other combat stat is the same as Grenadiers. They would get slaughtered every time by actual elite infantry like upgraded Paratroopers, which is exactly the problem of why they arrive too late.

If 2 CP timing would mean a cost increase, I'm all in for that.
18 Aug 2019, 10:36 AM

It's good enough,but buff always welcome,replace 3xG43 by 3xPG G43
19 Aug 2019, 11:04 AM

The Jaeger Command Squad is just a G43 Grenadier squad with an extra G43 model. Every other combat stat is the same as Grenadiers. They would get slaughtered every time by actual elite infantry like upgraded Paratroopers, which is exactly the problem of why they arrive too late.

If 2 CP timing would mean a cost increase, I'm all in for that.

No, they are too strong for 2 cp. Look at their high DPS and low target size. This is an elite infantry.
19 Aug 2019, 11:15 AM

Try change 1 g43 for the JLI scoped g43 ? It would make them better as a support unit, after all u can only have 1
19 Aug 2019, 11:28 AM

As so other units the JCS squad suffers from an identity crisis.

If it is a command squad its should have some unique abilities be limited to 1 and come at the same time as other command squads like:
Artillery officer, NKV officer or strum officer.

If it is an elite infatry it should not be limited to 1.

So simply redesign the unit.

On suggestion for a command ability would be to have an aura that provides additional bonuses to cloaked units (like increasing the duration of the ability or allowing the units to get the bonus even when not cloaked) or provide cloak to units with no camo upgrade like pioneer and paks.
19 Aug 2019, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 11:04 AMRiley
No, they are too strong for 2 cp. Look at their high DPS and low target size. This is an elite infantry.

Did you ever happen to hear about Shocktroopers? Or Guards?

Their target size is 0.91 (0.7 with vet) and they don't even get Panzergrenadier G43s but just the worse Grenadier G43s. The only difference with Grenadiers is one extra model and one extra G43 (and some abilities obviously). Sure, we could call that elite, but that is not Paratroopers/Rangers elite.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
unknown 11
unknown 10
Germany 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %