Login

russian armor

UKF September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
31 Aug 2019, 23:52 PM

Well, I think it will be better to skip the normal churchill and get the croc or avre versions instead. Mission accomplished:D
1 Sep 2019, 16:44 PM

I'm getting kinda worried about the pop cap increase of three honestly. That's 39 Pop Cap for the Churchill and 17 Pounder alone...
1 Sep 2019, 17:05 PM

I'm getting kinda worried about the pop cap increase of three honestly. That's 39 Pop Cap for the Churchill and 17 Pounder alone...

For a long time I'm usually limited myself to only 1 or 2 churchill, with the new pop cap, it will be 38 pop for 2 churchill, sure take up alot, but not the end of the world.
Actually, with the price decrease of firefly, a combo of 1 churchill and 1 firefly is 5 fuel cheaper now. I think i will adjust my built to more focus around 1 churchill + 1 firefly.
1 Sep 2019, 17:16 PM

I stand corrected for my info is outdated. It's 14 Pop Cap for the 17 Pounder, not 20.
1 Sep 2019, 17:20 PM

I stand corrected for my info is outdated. It's 14 Pop Cap for the 17 Pounder, not 20.

Meaning 52 pop for 2 churchill and a 17 pdr. but, personally, if i intended to built a 17 pdr, i will only buy 1 churchill anyway .
1 Sep 2019, 21:33 PM

Meaning 52 pop for 2 churchill and a 17 pdr. but, personally, if i intended to built a 17 pdr, i will only buy 1 churchill anyway .

Just build the special churchills and tech hammer instead. I would still stay away from the comet though. Build fireflies and cromwells to compliment your new build.
3 Sep 2019, 04:43 AM

I personally think the comet could relatively easily be fixed by adjusting two parameters: reducing the cost of the hammer tech and giving the Comet more moving accuracy.

It's almost trivial that if hammer-tech cost no manpower or fuel that the comet would be a good tank (I know call-ins would be affected). It would come out 2-3 minutes earlier and it basically acts as a slightly weaker call-in. This would give it time to vet up before a panther appeared.

Similarly moving accuracy would increase the likelihood that it could win any engagement since it would have the DPS advantage on a chase both while running away or diving in for the kill. At 1.0 moving accuracy it would be a death machine running around the field at full speed killing until it got low, then war-speeding away.

Obviously those are the two extremes but it shouldn't be difficult to find a happy medium between the two. Even if call-ins are available slightly earlier due to the reduced fuel cost of hammer, the trade off is ... well you're using hammer lol. No Heavy REs, no airburst shells, no extra sight.

Personally I would just reduce hammer cost by half to 100/25 and boost the moving accuracy of the comet to 0.75 and test from there. This makes the first comet effectively 580/210 which is similar to what call-ins are now. However since the Comet is effectively half-way between a heavy like the Pershing and a medium like the Cromwell this seems to fit the bill perfectly timing wise. For reference a Churchill is 690/215 and a crocodile w/ hammer would be 740/255.

Even if this is too fast, worse timing mistakes have been made *cough* most call-ins in CoH2's history *cough*. Also even if these changes somewhat revert past changes made by relic there is no reason not to consider them as the game has changed significantly since UKF launch. For those who don't remember the Comet used to have 0.75 moving accuracy and hammer and anvil both used to cost 200/25. However the comet at the time also used to have 180 rear armour, 50 range, lethal white phosphorous, and cost only 16 pop.
4 Sep 2019, 18:16 PM

Could we give Cromwell a better moving accuracy multiplier?
4 Sep 2019, 18:28 PM

Could we give Cromwell a better moving accuracy multiplier?
do u remember when Cromwell was op ?

they only nerfed the scatter a little bit, removed the moving accuracy , and reduced rotation

this patch already buffing the acceleration (so crushing too) and target size

if we give it back the moving acc too i think we would be back to old cromwell
4 Sep 2019, 18:55 PM

they only nerfed the scatter a little bit, removed the moving accuracy , and reduced rotation

they also reduced the range if I recall. Pen too?
4 Sep 2019, 19:02 PM

I'm pretty sure AoE was hit too, wasn't it?
4 Sep 2019, 19:06 PM

no that's comet
4 Sep 2019, 19:09 PM

no that's comet

50 -> 45 If my memory is correct.
5 Sep 2019, 02:52 AM

All tanks have 50% moving accuracy except USF tanks (because gyroscopes). Why should the Cromwell (no gyroscopes) be special?
5 Sep 2019, 04:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nah, acceleration is not the main concern on whether you are a good crusher or not. The real deal is rotation as it allows you to crush squad once they move to a side.

Cromwell been OP was a compound factor.
-Tank commander granting xp gain, therefore faster vet.
-Cheap cost. Small size (18 which is equal to T70). 80 range smoke shells.
-Rotation equal to old M10. USF levels of moving acc. Better scatter.

The AI from the Cromwell didn't come from the gun, it was the mobility for crushing.
5 Sep 2019, 06:16 AM

Nah, acceleration is not the main concern on whether you are a good crusher or not. The real deal is rotation as it allows you to crush squad once they move to a side.

The AI from the Cromwell didn't come from the gun, it was the mobility for crushing.

And most of these factors are gone, now cromwell is a mediocre tank but have a pretty small window of opportunity before p4 come.
5 Sep 2019, 06:28 AM

I dont want cromwell to be op like before but i think improve it AI wont broken it. For now, cromwell AI is okish but nowhere near outstanding, more accuracy MG and AOE for main gun will really help. Cromwell main gun use the same HE shells with Sherman so their performance should be close to each other.
5 Sep 2019, 09:59 AM

this 2 have already been reverted and is now faster +smoke comes at vet 0
5 Sep 2019, 16:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

this 2 have already been reverted and is now faster +smoke comes at vet 0

You keep repeating the same point.
Size is not 18, tanks don't have base 38 rotation (magic number) and smoke don't outrange AT guns.

You said we would have old Cromwell back with further buffs, i'm saying it would take more than that to have the old "OP" cromwell. Things which would probably never return (80 range smoke, 38 rotation and increased xp gain).

6 Sep 2019, 20:18 PM

Why is the Bofors a problem again? I must have forgot...are we removing Ostheer's mortar and OKW's LEIG?
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS