Login

russian armor

UKF September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
16 Aug 2019, 06:40 AM

Could you take a look at the AOE suppression of the Vickers. Its inability to stop blobs advancing is bit of a problem in the mid to late game, especially with vet and decreasing RA.

Please also consider looking at the wasp upgrade which has very poor performance next to the HT flamer. The UC has a harder time staying alive with its previous patch nerf which makes wasp a very risky and unattractive upgrade.
16 Aug 2019, 08:21 AM

Tested the comet and it seems to have exactly the same gun stats as before. Maybe it wasn t changed yet into the patch.
16 Aug 2019, 16:15 PM

Tested the comet and it seems to have exactly the same gun stats as before. Maybe it wasn t changed yet into the patch.

Did you test it in a custom game while using the September balance patch tuning pack?

It's slightly better. Not what it was at launch but it's an improvement. Comes out slower than a rushed Tiger or Pershing though.
16 Aug 2019, 16:17 PM

Tested in 2 custom games. One with patch, one normal. It still isn't a big threat to infantry. Actually, i couldn't really tell the diference.
And the reload bonus should be moved to vet 2.
16 Aug 2019, 16:27 PM

Tested in 2 custom games. One with patch, one normal. It still isn't a big threat to infantry. Actually, i couldn't really tell the diference.
And the reload bonus should be moved to vet 2.

It definitely still sucks against infantry until it get its WP round.
16 Aug 2019, 16:33 PM

Pop cap on Churchill will do very little. How about lowering its health and keeping its armor the way it is? It is way too much of a damage sponge still. Now you have literally the same efficient churchill, with a buffed cromwell and a buffed comet on the other teching route.
16 Aug 2019, 16:36 PM

Pop cap on Churchill will do very little. How about lowering its health and keeping its armor the way it is? It is way too much of a damage sponge still. Now you have literally the same efficient churchill, with a buffed cromwell and a buffed comet on the other teching route.

You better be careful asking for big nerfs or you might end up with some pretty big ones. How well do you think it will preform with a +5 fuel cost? Hmmm? Think people will slow down building them then? What about........ +10mp. Try working THAT into your BO.
16 Aug 2019, 16:41 PM

You better be careful asking for big nerfs or you might end up with some pretty big ones. How well do you think it will preform with a +5 fuel cost? Hmmm? Think people will slow down building them then? What about........ +10mp. Try working THAT into your BO.

What does its performance change with a 5 fuel increase or a 2 population increase? It still has 20 million health.
16 Aug 2019, 16:54 PM

That, or lower its rear armor, which is currently at 180 - the same as the FRONT of the Ost Panzer 4. A while back most heavies were patched to have weaker rear armor; why not the Churchill?
16 Aug 2019, 19:02 PM

That, or lower its rear armor, which is currently at 180 - the same as the FRONT of the Ost Panzer 4. A while back most heavies were patched to have weaker rear armor; why not the Churchill?

Brits - snowflake faction with op shit ever since launch, can't nerf it all at the same time, so every year we nerf something so it keeps selling.
16 Aug 2019, 19:51 PM

I'd rather have this kind of changes then mad shifts all the way from one side to the other, like crazy latinas mood relic was infamous for previously.

Goal is to bring balance, not to remove unit from any kind of consideration until next balance swing comes in, some people seem to have forgotten that.
16 Aug 2019, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 19:51 PMKatitof

I'd rather have this kind of changes then mad shifts all the way from one side to the other, like crazy latinas mood relic was infamous for previously.

Goal is to bring balance, not to remove unit from any kind of consideration until next balance swing comes in, some people seem to have forgotten that.

I don't disagree about the wild changes and triple buff/nerfs but my gripe is that these hardly even count as adjustments. I mean 10mp more, no reinforcement changes? So like 40mp all game? Half a molotov research in manpower for perspective.
16 Aug 2019, 20:28 PM

I don't disagree about the wild changes and triple buff/nerfs but my gripe is that these hardly even count as adjustments. I mean 10mp more, no reinforcement changes? So like 40mp all game? Half a molotov research in manpower for perspective.
i would prefer a dps decrease than a cost increase, volks are the cheaper squad to grab team weapons , unlike other faction they don’t have a cheaper unit to grab them
16 Aug 2019, 21:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i would prefer a dps decrease than a cost increase, volks are the cheaper squad to grab team weapons , unlike other faction they don’t have a cheaper unit to grab them

They are still a cheap squad to reinforce weapons with. Reminder that the cost increase doesn't mean a reinforce increase.
16 Aug 2019, 21:45 PM

Has anyone tested how the Comet performs now?

Is it better in AI than it used to be before.

To be honest, I still think it is chessy having the phosphorous shot with the Comet, it should be removed in trade for better AI performance instead.
16 Aug 2019, 21:50 PM

Brits - snowflake faction with op shit ever since launch, can't nerf it all at the same time, so every year we nerf something so it keeps selling.

a faction with no moveable indirect fire (without commander) and tanks that are average = op.
Right now ukf power is in 1 unit and its IS
16 Aug 2019, 21:55 PM

They are still a cheap squad to reinforce weapons with. Reminder that the cost increase doesn't mean a reinforce increase.
from the feed back I see here from certain people it’s soon gonna
16 Aug 2019, 22:08 PM

a faction with no moveable indirect fire (without commander) and tanks that are average = op.

Yea, the problem isn't that they're OP/UP, it's that their design is so hinged on critical units that it's difficult to fix via incremental patches - a similar issue that OKW/USF have, although to a lesser degree.

Take for example Infantry Sections. I think most would agree that double-bren Vet 3 IS' are extremely powerful, and might need to be toned down. The problem is; how? If they're nerfed too far, UKF is useless, since they have no other mainline infantry, and because they have no other mainline infantry, they still need to scale from 0 to end. In general, UKF/USF/OKW need a rework that adds redundant, but weaker units, so that they're more inline with Ost/Sov, rather than having units that need to scale from minute 0 to the end of time. I.e. something line grens -> pgrens, Cons -> Penals, or Zis-3 -> Su76 -> SU85.

That, and they're just missing critical tools that vanilla factions have; Snipers, proper ATGs, mortars, etc.
17 Aug 2019, 07:37 AM

Yes, it was op throughout most of its lifecycle, but like I said and you didn't understand, they nerfed one op thing at a time, as it was the last major dlc and had to sell. And now that we have one unit left that is too good, we can finally get around to actually balancing the faction :)
17 Aug 2019, 08:50 AM

I like the core of these changes

Finally we can go back to one piece of each builds, instead of 4 IS every game ukfukfukfukf
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %