Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
16 Aug 2019, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 18:08 PMgbem
the rak is terrifying tank hunter..... but an awful AT gun... it needs to be the latter not the former

What are you saying?

Are you saying it needs to be a better AT or are you stating that it is going to be a worse AT gun.

16 Aug 2019, 19:22 PM

What are you saying?

Are you saying it needs to be a better AT or are you stating that it is going to be a worse AT gun.

He says they are superb at moving around cloaked 2 at a time and hunting that lone tank and kill it in the blink of an eye. They however suck as a dedicated at gun as they are squishy.

The raketten werfer excels at cheese whilst failing at what it is supposed to do as a core at-gun unit lol...
16 Aug 2019, 20:16 PM

It definitely would have a negative impact early game for the allies but I was thinking it should be available after 1 base built.

Anyway, this whole drama between Volks and Sturmpio about who should have the AT has made a complete mess on the design.

It is just not suitable for either currently.

Since none can really make a proper decision for how it should properly be.

Do you think it would be a better idea if Obersoldaten got the AT package instead?

Obers should be distinct like having 1 Panzerschreck and a snare. Would be nice to see.

Would be definitely stupid to have a simply copy of Panzergrens AT package.

What about:single Shrek, vehicle detection and AT satchel and reduced repair speed
16 Aug 2019, 20:27 PM

why not make the raketen like the coh1 Pak38? camo give a first strike penetration bonus, then reduce the penetration of rak since it is a T0 unit. it still going to be okay vs light vehicles and it won't one-shot mediums with cheese since shermans and T34s will actually have a chance to bounce
16 Aug 2019, 21:41 PM

He says they are superb at moving around cloaked 2 at a time and hunting that lone tank and kill it in the blink of an eye. They however suck as a dedicated at gun as they are squishy.

The raketten werfer excels at cheese whilst failing at what it is supposed to do as a core at-gun unit lol...

That is undeniably true about how it is. Good at being chessy while fails hard at fulfilling as a proper AT gun unit.

Thank you for clarifying it for me. Appreciated.

What about:single Shrek, vehicle detection and AT satchel and reduced repair speed

Vehicle detection is already with Kubel. Does not make sense to have another unit with the same ability.

Reduced repair, really, why. Royal Engineers nor Sappers have to sacrifice either of their repairs.

I would go for AT satchel in combination with 1 Pzschreck could fit. My reason as to why is:

It would at least create this caution or awareness feeling about the enemy.

It would make the opponent think twice instead of going mindlessly through the Sturmpio without second thoughts as it does currently now.

Has to have that feeling and output, the possibility that it is a risk for the opponent rather than no risk at all.
17 Aug 2019, 03:08 AM

Maybe can move Luchs to T2 and AA HT to T3?
17 Aug 2019, 04:09 AM

Here are my ideas about the proposed changes:

Raketenwerfer: Personally i prefer the old one, at least it was good for ambush. The new one loses ambush ability, still lacks in range and misses a lot. Pak38 will be the best option to end this long lasting problem.

Obers: Can we move them to T1 and lock their MG upgrade behind either T2 or T3 and move IRHT to T3? They can arrive sooner and make T1 a mcuh more viable strategy instead of famous T2 start. IMO, OKW will be given a different early game with this change.

T3: Like UKF and OST, OKW can pay more to unlock heavy panzers. Increase the price of phase 1 to 150/90 (50/30 for heavy panzer authorization) and lock panthers and heavy call-ins behind heavy panzer authorization. Some may prefer medium tanks play (like what most OST players do) and place the T3 HQ inside HQ territory as it does not have flak gun.
Proposal: Can this HQ get an option to unlock panzer tactician say for 100/30 cost?

Falls: Its better for them to start with MP40, as it better fits within their assault role behind the lines. 4xFG42 upgrade can be tied to CP, who needs non-FG42 Falls when non-doc obers are unlocked?

** What about JT vet5 bonus?
17 Aug 2019, 06:40 AM

I really like that you reduced the price of command panther to compensate tech requirement. But what about Jagtiger? It has huge fuel cost which makes it really rare in 2v2 game modes but it;s common in 4v4. I suggest reduce it price for 20 fuel. They still have his old CP requirement.

Sturmofficer has nice changes but i feel like 3 ability is needed. Healing would be the best and would help OKW T2 strat which lacks of normal medic platform. I suggest to add it as vet 1 ability.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 22:24 PMSmartie

Some suggestions:
  • Opel Blitz: I like the changes in general but the unit costs 20 - i repeat- 20 fuel. The Opel works like the US ambulance, the cost should be adjusted accordingly. Increase mp cost but take away the fuel cost.

Plus as a balance team you meansioned that you thought about to make falls like commando squad or sturmtroopers. Well, there is an option to make them that way. What about to start with MP40, as it better fits within their assault role behind the lines. 4xFG42 upgradable for ammo cost to make them universal range unit.

Becoues you reduce the starting MP for OKW i would please to look into fuzziliers. They costs 280 MP and they aren't worth it's price. Now more than ever they won't be worth getting as a first, second or even third unit. Remember also that you have to pay for extra model after g43 upgrade - 25 MP. Consider reducing it's price to 260 MP.

and at last - rakketenwerfer still miss a lot. Crazy a lot. I would suggest to make 1000% accuracy when it is in cammo and increase it's basic value.
17 Aug 2019, 10:18 AM

Just realized that the sturm officer didn't receive the Concentrated Fire ability from the arty field officer to compensate for the loss for the passive aura. It really should get that ability, I mean the other abilities of the sturm are just too expensive to be used consistently and the squad itself isn't that impressive combat wise either.
17 Aug 2019, 10:34 AM

Just realized that the sturm officer didn't receive the Concentrated Fire ability from the arty field officer to compensate for the loss for the passive aura. It really should get that ability, I mean the other abilities of the sturm are just too expensive to be used consistently and the squad itself isn't that impressive combat wise either.

Soviet commissar doesn't have any kind of aura, just expensive single target abilities.
Sturm will be perfectly fine on his own, being a powerful combat squad as well.
17 Aug 2019, 10:59 AM

Sturm Offizier's ability to increase received accuracy of an enemy squad by 50% is a much more effective tool than the Artillery Officer's ability of increasing accuracy by 13% (vet 0-2) or 25% (vet 3). Not to mention it gets increased activation range and cheaper muni cost by 10 with veterancy this patch.

The Sturm Offizier is fine as it is currently, at most it could get some utility ability like smoke, nade or healing.
17 Aug 2019, 11:07 AM

Sturm Offizier's ability to increase received accuracy of an enemy squad by 50% is a much more effective tool than the Artillery Officer's ability of increasing accuracy by 13% (vet 0-2) or 25% (vet 3). Not to mention it gets increased activation range and cheaper muni cost by 10 with veterancy this patch.

The Sturm Offizier is fine as it is currently, at most it could get some utility ability like smoke, nade or healing.

I think smoke would be better because it's a ''sturm'' officer.
Also i think vet 3 and vet 5 should be switched.
17 Aug 2019, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 10:34 AMKatitof

Soviet commissar doesn't have any kind of aura, just expensive single target abilities.
Sturm will be perfectly fine on his own, being a powerful combat squad as well.

"Powerful Combat Squad" Watch tightropes video where he tests them. They suck arse. Maybe if the officer was guaranteed to be the last model alive, retaining the STG, it might not suck so hard.
17 Aug 2019, 11:19 AM

I think smoke would be better because it's a ''sturm'' officer.
Also i think vet 3 and vet 5 should be switched.

Agreed, something like a simple smoke nade would be best, the other ability are already strong enough. Also fits the unit.

The accuracy bonus at vet 3 is far stronger than the STG at vet 5. I rather have them killing stuff earlier than looking cool earlier tbh.
17 Aug 2019, 11:26 AM

The accuracy bonus at vet 3 is far stronger than the STG at vet 5. I rather have them killing stuff earlier than looking cool earlier tbh.

I understand this but I think the rule of cool should also be taken into consideration. Maybe split the accuracy bonus in 2 and have 15% +STG44 at vet 3 and 15% at vet 5.
I am genuinely scared that we might never see the STG if it's at vet 5
17 Aug 2019, 11:41 AM

Don't worry, every officer squad vets decently quickly because of their shared veterancy. You often see the Artillery Officer at vet 3 without even having a single kill.
17 Aug 2019, 11:50 AM

The Offizier has 3-4 Obersoldaten bodyguards and it gets shared veterancy. It should be pretty easy to get it to high vet.
17 Aug 2019, 12:35 PM

What happens when you equip the sturm officer bulletin that grants additional 2% accuracy buff to his aura? Does it re-enable the passive aura with only 2% accuracy buff?

(asking, cuz yet an another bulletin is about to be broken... sure, not big deal, there are better bulletins, but they really should get some love now)
17 Aug 2019, 15:10 PM

The suppression for coaxial MG is not getting mentioned in the KT's spearhead ability, even though it is a very important part of the ability. It should be added to the description text, now where we will see this ability getting tested and used way more often
17 Aug 2019, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 06:40 AMStark

I really like that you reduced the price of command panther to compensate tech requirement. But what about Jagtiger? It has huge fuel cost which makes it really rare in 2v2 game modes but it;s common in 4v4. I suggest reduce it price for 20 fuel. They still have his old CP requirement.

Sturmofficer has nice changes but i feel like 3 ability is needed. Healing would be the best and would help OKW T2 strat which lacks of normal medic platform. I suggest to add it as vet 1 ability.

Plus as a balance team you meansioned that you thought about to make falls like commando squad or sturmtroopers. Well, there is an option to make them that way. What about to start with MP40, as it better fits within their assault role behind the lines. 4xFG42 upgradable for ammo cost to make them universal range unit.

Becoues you reduce the starting MP for OKW i would please to look into fuzziliers. They costs 280 MP and they aren't worth it's price. Now more than ever they won't be worth getting as a first, second or even third unit. Remember also that you have to pay for extra model after g43 upgrade - 25 MP. Consider reducing it's price to 260 MP.

and at last - rakketenwerfer still miss a lot. Crazy a lot. I would suggest to make 1000% accuracy when it is in cammo and increase it's basic value.

I absolutely agree about the JT and the Pfussies: The JT is way to expensive for what the unit does in comparison to the elephant and it comes even 1 CP later. I would certainly prefer if the fuel price and the CP would be lowered in exchange for making the JT a pure TD without unnecessary abilities like the barrage. Should have the same range like the elephant then.

Pfussies are problematic in their current design because the are more expensive than volks AND take away the strong OKW start. Additionally they are super expensive with their AI upgrade. They should have the same price like Volks.

Falls are -sadly- even worse than before the patch. They have lower firepower for an extended time and are still super squishy. Just look Tightropes video:( But hey, patch work just started:)
I want to encourage the mod team to have a look at the Wehrmacht falls in sneakeye's all unit mod. Its an 5 men squad that arrives with MP40 and can be upgraded with 2 FJG's and an additional MG34. I like that design.

PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W