Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
20 Aug 2019, 21:22 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Also I had an idea for falls. Let them keep the FG42s on the paradrop, but like the 50cal and AT gun from USF airborne, make there be a muni cost in the initial price to warrant the 4 FG42s. That way there isn't any of this nonsensical upgrade buisness.

I mean why are we making them drop with Kar98s again? Are they dumping on squads when they paradrop? When ingame I don't think any paradropping squad goes unharmed on the way down in enemy territory. And if you're able to paradrop behind a sniper and get the kill, isn't that risk/reward?
20 Aug 2019, 21:39 PM

I mean why are we making them drop with Kar98s again? Are they dumping on squads when they paradrop? When ingame I don't think any paradropping squad goes unharmed on the way down in enemy territory. And if you're able to paradrop behind a sniper and get the kill, isn't that risk/reward?

Consistency with other airborne? The others do get choices, so maybe falls should get another upgrade path
20 Aug 2019, 21:41 PM

Consistency with other airborne? The others do get choices, so maybe falls should get another upgrade path
6 crabine, 5 commando > 4 green rifle
20 Aug 2019, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 16:49 PMVipper

I was referring to the Soviet M3A3 or else known clown car.

i know you were, which is why i did the math to include soviet t1. and my point stands, the unit cost is significantly higher and hell, even the teching cost is comparable to the cost of the kuble, theres no reason it shouldn't gulp it down, especially when you consider the power difference that 10mp in the same tier allows for the additional 120mp and 25 fuel are absolutely justification.

Unless the map is really big there is very little benefit in capping since it the built time is close to that of VG that are better at defending the caped area. Reducing built time increase the window of opportunity to use the unit effectively.

the speed compounds throughout the early game though. being able to send your sturm and first volks to Bee line the enemy cut off while the kuble can zip around and back cap with less down time makes a difference, add in being able to cause bleed without taking any if it does run into something, or being able to quickly respond to even the other side of the map if say combat engies try and decap are very powerful. volks are just infinitly better investmen because they havnt a downside to write about for their price and will scale all game long. but thats not a kuble problem...

also, even in crossing in the woods, a volks kuble build will have sturms, volks and a kuble on the opposite cut off WITH terretory capped before a soviet player even has the resources to build a scout car. thats a lot of fire power to bring to bear, especially given the speed that the kuble can move on past that and grab ground after the initial clash.

I never suggested doubling the DPS. The DPS across car should become more consistent from vehicle to vehicles but I would rather see these vehicles do less DPS and be more durable then do lots of damage.

i didnt mean to attribute that to you, it was the suggestion to turn it from 0.35 long accuracy to 0.7
persdonally i think light vehcles should be a blend. i remeber the kuble that was bullet proof. shooting at a vehcle with 183 guys should mean something, even if its only time off the front.

sure only allies should have A move inf play... and than nerf volks pls.

nobody should have efficient attack move infantry, but just so you know those that are best at it favor long range DPS... something shock notoriously dont.

And why are they not supposed to beat theam ? who said this ? some allied fan boy?

their design says that.... as well as an established meta, based on that role based on stats... shocks dominate infantry combat IF they can close uncontested. falls shooting at shocks as they close and retreating or falling back to support will actually trade very well for falls, add in a grenade and falls will easily win but if you think they are going to EZ mode against the most durable infantry in the game who happens to be designed to fight against infantry (which falls are) you got another thing coming....

Yeah but why ? not because its so good. or the nerf/buff had change anything ... they still dying like flys.

put. them. in. cover.
pick.your. fights.

there is literally no reason that an all range camoable unit should be caught in a fight they cant win handily. if they are close quarters units you can engage from range as they close, if they are too close to risk it then you can let them walk past and nail them on retreat later.
if its something like tommies attack when they are out of cover and/or up close
lead with a grenade if you want
pop valiant assault for =25% more accuracy and sprint to position better and get into the proper range for the target you are fighting

the only thing you need to do to NOT have good results with them is charge them across the map like they are immune to bullets
they are probably the most versatile unit in the game, but they are not shock troop levels of forgiving. its called balance..

20 Aug 2019, 21:44 PM

Also I had an idea for falls. Let them keep the FG42s on the paradrop, but like the 50cal and AT gun from USF airborne, make there be a muni cost in the initial price to warrant the 4 FG42s. That way there isn't any of this nonsensical upgrade buisness.

what about some g43s? then they are usefull without the upgrades but the upgrades make em better?
20 Aug 2019, 21:47 PM

what about some g43s? then they are usefull without the upgrades but the upgrades make em better?

I mean the way the G43 works vs how the FG42 works the FG42 is just better. The only thing I can imagine the FG42 may be worse at is on the move penalty, but as far as DPS goes: FG42 > G43.
20 Aug 2019, 21:48 PM

I don't agree with this either. Why should shocks win hands down exactly?

Shocktroopers only have short range dps going for them. If you retreat your Falls once the Shocks come too close, you'Il have taken off 2-3 models, with your own squad barely scathed. Not a true win, but a manpower win atleast. If you don't like that, you can throw a WP nade and win anyway.

You could make Shocktroopers lose when closing in against similarly priced squads, but that would mean compensations to their midrange dps.

That said, I don't agree with the low mp/muni pricing of Shocktroopers, considering their brute strength.

Shock investment is 100% in the manpower and they come with their PPSHs. If falls through the mod go through, they'd have to buy the 2nd FG42s and come at the same CP for only 40MP(?) less? I don't see why 40MP(?) should guarantee a shock victory, especially if falls have to buy their upgrades. It's like saying why don't volks beat 2x BAR rifles. Probably because rifles have greater investment in their weapons.

I don't like the current timing of their second FG42 package, they unlock their "elite potential" far too late. I liked their old 3 CP timing with full weaponry much better, but the team can probably find an inbetween somewhere (I hope).

If shocks should hands down win frontally charging an all range squad, Pgrens should be charging sections through open cover and rolling them.

Imagine if all factions had Shocks. :foreveralone:
20 Aug 2019, 21:51 PM

6 crabine, 5 commando > 4 green rifle

Do you have a point?
20 Aug 2019, 21:52 PM

So what about ass gren vs IS with a lmg ? Do they beat the ass gren? What about storm troops with no 40 vs 2 bar rifle ?
20 Aug 2019, 21:53 PM

Do you have a point?
do commando buy their better weapons ? Do para wait for their carabine ?
20 Aug 2019, 21:53 PM

Do you have a point?

His point was that paratroopers and commandos spawn/drop with stronger weapons than the mod falls Kar98s are. As far as just being consistant with other airborne, "don't fix what isn't broken". If the FG42s were a problem I think we'd notice it, but as many have noticed falls are pretty meh.
20 Aug 2019, 21:55 PM

do commando buy their better weapons ? Do para wait for their carabine ?

Why are you comparing smgs and carbines to fg42s? You're still not making any sense...

Patch falls are cheaper than both Paras and commandos, and get 2 free fg42s
20 Aug 2019, 21:55 PM

I mean the way the G43 works vs how the FG42 works the FG42 is just better. The only thing I can imagine the FG42 may be worse at is on the move penalty, but as far as DPS goes: FG42 > G43.

i mean more as an alternative to dropping with KAR98s rather than an alternative package since the k98s are somewhats underwhelming

also the g43s could be (and probably should be) the eilite package that increases LOS allowing them to be scoutier. find soemthing else like maybe a stun nade with the package or improved camo even REC acc buf. then the player can pick for squishy meat makers or a more rounded but still combat capable squad.and you have less DPS but more utility/ durability. they are still combat capable, but not nearly as much so.

20 Aug 2019, 21:57 PM

His point was that paratroopers and commandos spawn/drop with stronger weapons than the mod falls Kar98s are. As far as just being consistant with other airborne, "don't fix what isn't broken". If the FG42s were a problem I think we'd notice it, but as many have noticed falls are pretty meh.

And they can upgrade to weapons that are good at ALL ranges, as opposed to specializing in one that's good at 1 range
20 Aug 2019, 22:01 PM

And they can upgrade to weapons that are good at ALL ranges, as opposed to specializing in one that's good at 1 range
lmg para beat fall at mid range
20 Aug 2019, 22:03 PM

what about close range? cause falls have camo and should always be able to catch an enemy squad out of position.

I mean that's great and all, but what's the point of being "jack of all trades, master of none" if you can't fight off shock troopers or LMG paratroopers? You lose at long and short? Where's the incentive over obers?

Dude can you please make a point with these statements? As I just told you Paras cost more to buy and more to upgrade. What's your point....
20 Aug 2019, 22:04 PM

AND WILL SOMEONE RAISE THE PRICE OF VALIANT ASSAULT FROM 70 MUNITONS
20 Aug 2019, 22:05 PM

I mean that's great and all, but what's the point of being "jack of all trades, master of none" if you can't fight off shock troopers or LMG paratroopers? You lose at long and short? Where's the incentive over obers?

Camo? You won't lose if you ambush either of those squads
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight