Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
22 Aug 2019, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 22:43 PMzerocoh
man, the double engie + penal opening will be massive powerful now

Honestly, the difference is so small, you probably won't even notice anything. Beyond their rifles being more reliable instead of being RNG cannons, of course. The largest difference (range 25) is only 0.47 DPS.

And worst case, if they do happen to perform noticeably better, we can always manually change their accuracy so their DPS will (mostly) match the DPS they had with the 16 damage rifles.
23 Aug 2019, 00:34 AM

Im not sure about those changes to the 7th man con upgrade.
I main conscript build and I feel like they are already struggling against upgraded axis line infantry even with the 7th man upgrade.
Now it seems like you will have to jump trough even more hoops just to get it which makes it rather unattractive.
Isn't it best just to make it a global upgrade once like the brits where it's applied to all squads (unless they have already picked up dropped weapons).
If the idea is that the 7th man upgrade should make conscripts more attractive alternative to penals and the sov equivalent to axis line infantry weapon upgrade why does it come so much later and at a much higher price? I am genuinely confused by this although it might be a misunderstanding of the purpose of this upgrade.

On a side note. Is it maybe also a good idea to also lower the reinforcement cost to 17
as well for the ppsh upgrade so it holds up slightly better in the late game meatgrinder in comparison to the 7th man upgrade. Especially considering that the PPSHCons need to close into their target to do meaningful amounts of damage on a map that has been destroyed more then likely.
23 Aug 2019, 01:06 AM

Im not sure about those changes to the 7th man con upgrade.
I main conscript build and I feel like they are already struggling against upgraded axis line infantry even with the 7th man upgrade.
Now it seems like you will have to jump trough even more hoops just to get it which makes it rather unattractive.
Isn't it best just to make it a global upgrade once like the brits where it's applied to all squads (unless they have already picked up dropped weapons).
If the idea is that the 7th man upgrade should make conscripts more attractive alternative to penals and the sov equivalent to axis line infantry weapon upgrade why does it come so much later and at a much higher price? I am genuinely confused by this although it might be a misunderstanding of the purpose of this upgrade.

On a side note. Is it maybe also a good idea to also lower the reinforcement cost to 17
as well after the ppsh upgrade so it holds up slightly better in the late game meatgrinder. Especially considering that the PPSHCons need to close into their target to do meaningful amounts of damage on a map that has been destroyed more then likely.

Hey? You lose the ppsh with 7 man upgrade.
And only after upgrade you get cost down to 17 IIRC. Before that its 20mp reinforce cost.

But i agree. Ppsh cons can see a buff. Especially with the lack of armor on cons. And i think they only get 3 smgs
23 Aug 2019, 01:19 AM

Hey? You lose the ppsh with 7 man upgrade.
And only after upgrade you get cost down to 17 IIRC. Before that its 20mp reinforce cost.

I know, the PPSH stuff was meant as a side note related to lategame Con use but not to 7man Con squads.
23 Aug 2019, 02:58 AM
Developer Relic Badge

7 man upgrade probably will be adjusted. Cost for it is quite high, main fear and it is the 7 man spike with the T70.
23 Aug 2019, 03:00 AM

Hi. I have a suggestion. Can the m5 half track also have a healing ability? Or soviets only get base healing?
Perhaps when the base healing is activated the halftrack can also heal units as well reinforce?
23 Aug 2019, 03:57 AM

New 7th men upgrade request is……too bad
How about——T3 have a Tech Upgrade,no need other request,after upgrade Consript unlock assault package ,80 ammo for 7th men and 3xppsh and No tech request grenade,remove in cover buff and reinforcement cost reduce
Replace Commander ability Consript PPsh package by DP package,Consript can upgrade 2x can't drop DP,Penal can upgrade 2x Moving shot DP
23 Aug 2019, 05:27 AM

New 7th men upgrade request is……too bad
How about——T3 have a Tech Upgrade,no need other request,after upgrade Consript unlock assault package ,80 ammo for 7th men and 3xppsh and No tech request grenade,remove in cover buff and reinforcement cost reduce
Replace Commander ability Consript PPsh package by DP package,Consript can upgrade 2x can't drop DP,Penal can upgrade 2x Moving shot DP

No.
23 Aug 2019, 05:41 AM

Are Assault Guards ever going to get buffed, or at least have their veterancy and RA reflect those of regular Guards Troops and Airborne Guards?

They come in with a M5 Halftrack, which is great and all, but it's not really a discount and basically means you're paying fuel for these guys. Because(?) they come in a halftrack, they also have a later CP requirement (3 to 2), which is stupid. The halftrack isnt going to be gamebreaking because it comes in a minute or two earlier...

On veterancy and general stats, compared to regular Guards:

1 RA to 0.97 RA
Trip Flare Mine for vet 1 (really?)
0.71 RA vet 2 versus both 0.88 and 0.75 RA vets
Only upside is better accuracy vet at vet 3. 40%

So after paying all the fuel and mp required to call these guys in, you get a 100% RA Guards squad with 3 Penal SVT-40s and 3 assault PPSh-41 for a weird dps profile that favors close range but doesn't have nearly the DPS of Shocks or PPSh Penals, and has rather limited long-range capability. They do get a grenade, but that's it, and no abilities to close the distance to throw it, or armor or even a decent starting RA.

Can these guys at least get a bazooka upgrade or something? In staying with the theme of lend-lease... I mean, I personally even like that they come with a halftrack, since I love trying to make halftracks work in this game, and I doubt anyone would ever spam these, but the unit just isn't good right now, and there's no reason it has to be that way.
23 Aug 2019, 05:52 AM

The new 7th man upgrade confuse me. Really?20 fuel point and 50 ammos for an extra man, why don't you just make an extra 5th man upgrade for brits.
23 Aug 2019, 07:54 AM

Are Assault Guards ever going to get buffed, or at least have their veterancy and RA reflect those of regular Guards Troops and Airborne Guards?

They come in with a M5 Halftrack, which is great and all, but it's not really a discount and basically means you're paying fuel for these guys. Because(?) they come in a halftrack, they also have a later CP requirement (3 to 2), which is stupid. The halftrack isnt going to be gamebreaking because it comes in a minute or two earlier...

1 RA to 0.97 RA

So after paying all the fuel and mp required to call these guys in, you get a 100% RA Guards squad with 3 Penal SVT-40s and 3 assault PPSh-41 for a weird dps profile that favors close range but doesn't have nearly the DPS of Shocks or PPSh Penals, and has rather limited long-range capability. They do get a grenade, but that's it, and no abilities to close the distance to throw it, or armor or even a decent starting RA.

Can these guys at least get a bazooka upgrade or something? In staying with the theme of lend-lease... I mean, I personally even like that they come with a halftrack, since I love trying to make halftracks work in this game, and I doubt anyone would ever spam these, but the unit just isn't good right now, and there's no reason it has to be that way.

Maybe can make assault Guards be change skin USF Airborne,2cp call in,can upgrade 2x airborne bazooka or 4x Thompson?
23 Aug 2019, 08:22 AM

Maybe can make assault Guards be change skin USF Airborne,2cp call in,can upgrade 2x airborne bazooka or 4x Thompson?

In fact, this is the most obvious and successful option for changing the Assault Guards. M5 is unnecessary, give Bazooka and Thompson updates to transfer to 2CP or 3CP if there is self-healing. This will make the Assault Guards really useful and remain in the Lend-Lease theme.

Another option that I have always considered is to replace the Guard with access to allied racks. Maybe with a little overpayment for balance. In theory, any weapon that was in the Allied racks (except 1919A6 which cannot be taken without a commander) was in the USSR.
23 Aug 2019, 08:31 AM

In fact, this is the most obvious and successful option for changing the Assault Guards. M5 is unnecessary, give Bazooka and Thompson updates to transfer to 2CP or 3CP if there is self-healing. This will make the Assault Guards really useful and remain in the Lend-Lease theme.

Another option that I have always considered is to replace the Guard with access to allied racks. Maybe with a little overpayment for balance. In theory, any weapon that was in the Allied racks (except 1919A6 which cannot be taken without a commander) was in the USSR.

Yes,I think Lead Lease can be more special like UKF new assault commander
Replace dshk by .50HMG(maybe dshk should for more commander)
Still M4C
Assault Guards rework be change skin Airborne
Fuel support or Repair kit replace by Ambulance(maybe Zis Truck like new OKW Opel)
Maybe will make this commander more useful
23 Aug 2019, 09:01 AM

1 RA to 0.97 RA

What are the stats of airborne guards?
23 Aug 2019, 09:41 AM

I would like to see changes to the FIELD HQ ability.

There are some massive buildings on certain maps which make them practically indestructible until late game.

I really do not see a way of balancing out this abilty.. so I suggest it is removed entirely in favour of only the forward assembly like the British forces.
23 Aug 2019, 09:50 AM

I would like to see changes to the FIELD HQ ability.

There are some massive buildings on certain maps which make them practically indestructible until late game.

I really do not see a way of balancing out this abilty.. so I suggest it is removed entirely in favour of only the forward assembly like the British forces.

Then you'll be happy to know that FHQ changes were made literally months ago and if you still have any problems, its L2P issue exclusively.
23 Aug 2019, 12:19 PM

Allot Assault Guards stats are outdated, like their veterancy.

Better just copy the Airborne Guards design, but with the option to upgrade Thompsons or Elite Zooks. Different vet 1 ability.
23 Aug 2019, 12:26 PM

Allot Assault Guards stats are outdated, like their veterancy.

Better just copy the Airborne Guards design, but with the option to upgrade Thompsons or Elite Zooks. Different vet 1 ability.

Exactly. May be give a different 1st veterany for Thompson and Bazooka for more anti-infantry or anti-tank roles.
23 Aug 2019, 12:42 PM

Make ass guards come in a supply halftrack that can drop BARs and zooks for a premium due to lack of weapon rack tech and to prevent spam. Let ass guards upgrade to thompsons. Give ass guardd a small aura that increases ROF or something to make them more worth the single squad you will call in.
23 Aug 2019, 13:58 PM

Incoming patch is a good moment to look into a T70. This unit is too versatile. It can easily (sometimes even insta) wipe enemy squads, it's super fast, has a good penetration and high rate of fire, vets up quicky and with vet has a small target size so AT guns cannot hit it. With this unit on the field you can kill enemy infantry, stop axis light vehicule play (can 1v1 everything expect puma). Even puma sometimes in specific situations looses vs him. No other faction has such a powerful LV.

Balance team, T70 should at least has reduced penetration that cannot easily counter LV: p2, flak HT, flameHT/222. Reducing power of T70 to make it only AI weapon would open a play for SU76 just like OKW has p2 and puma in mech. Changing AOE would also reduce it's sniper gun into only a damage dealer (like currently p2 is). With T2 price change T70 will hit the field even quicker giving axis player a headache. It's need to be look into.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight