Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
17 Aug 2019, 05:43 AM

IS2 vet is similar to the Kv-2 but it seems to be better overall. I don't really feel the tanks perform equally at the moment especially considering the fuel cost is equal. You see Is2 all the time and the Kv2 is not nearly as popular.

KV2 Vet 2
+50% weapon rotation speed, +25% direct fire range, +14.3% indirect fire

IS2 Vet 2

+50% weapon rotation speed, +25% range, +20% accuracy

Kv2 Vet 3
+20% weapon rotation speed, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration, +180 hp

Is2
-30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration

The situation is exactly the opposite - I see the KV-2 and generally do not see the IS-2. It's not about vet, it's about the main gun - the IS-2 main gun does not cause damage - there is no damage - there is no vet, no matter how good it is.
17 Aug 2019, 05:54 AM

The situation is exactly the opposite - I see the KV-2 and generally do not see the IS-2. It's not about vet, it's about the main gun - the IS-2 main gun does not cause damage - there is no damage - there is no vet, no matter how good it is.

Um, how is it not about vet? Vet is always important to get a better edge over other units.

And what do you mean about the is2 main gun? Have you even tried the new one? I know the kv2 vets better because no matter what's it's up against it will gain vet.
17 Aug 2019, 06:15 AM

Um, how is it not about vet? Vet is always important to get a better edge over other units.

And what do you mean about the is2 main gun? Have you even tried the new one? I know the kv2 vets better because no matter what's it's up against it will gain vet.

Without the IS-2 mod, the worst heavy tank is because of the disgusting main gun, with the mod it is finally competitive with other heavy tanks. The only controversial solution is a new ability - I bring changes, but this ability is very strange: it has a very long response time, during which time the enemy infantry can easily leave even without retreat, if you consider it as an anti tank, the ability here is the same problem . That is, this ability is needed against static things like a bunker, but it doesn’t make much sense - ordinary shots are quite successful in dealing with this.

17 Aug 2019, 06:23 AM

Without the IS-2 mod, the worst heavy tank is because of the disgusting main gun, with the mod it is finally competitive with other heavy tanks. The only controversial solution is a new ability - I bring changes, but this ability is very strange: it has a very long response time, during which time the enemy infantry can easily leave even without retreat, if you consider it as an anti tank, the ability here is the same problem . That is, this ability is needed against static things like a bunker, but it doesn’t make much sense - ordinary shots are quite successful in dealing with this.

I do agree that the gun needed fixing but again, I think you will find the kv2 will go back into obscurity with a very few situations where it may be more useful.

The new ability is funky but atleast more practical than secure mode.
17 Aug 2019, 06:25 AM

Few things worth pointing out:

1. partisant AT hunters should have AT granade cooldown at start
2. partisant AT hunters should start with PTRS rifles and upgradable shrek (even for free) to prefend cheese attacks form abandoned/neutral buildings. It should compensate they reduced price.
3. sight bonus for AI partisant should apply when they static behind cover.
4. IS-2 stun does quite a decent damage - 120 for a stun shot. How exact is it penetration? It shouldn't penetrate medium tanks just like balance team did with a main-gun stun for stugs and pak40 (reduced damage few patches ago).
5. argument for cheaper fuel cost for T2 to access faction for a better back tech is a overshoot argument. T1 already has AT PTRS package for penals so they have AT options. In later stage of the game cost of 20 fuel isn't a big amount that should be changed. Backteching for AT guns should delay your next tank.O

Personally i think to make consript and maxim strategy more atractive penals should be nerf at there vet0 stage and move them into vet1, vet2 bonuses. People goes penals becouse they are really cost efficient and not becouse other builds are worthless.
17 Aug 2019, 06:32 AM

I do agree that the gun needed fixing but again, I think you will find the kv2 will go back into obscurity with a very few situations where it may be more useful.

The new ability is funky but atleast more practical than secure more.

The KV-2 has one thing that the IS-2 does not have - a static mode, which gives an excellent range, increased rate of fire. In static mode, through manual fire control, you can do huge damage, thanks to this KV-2 will remain popular.
17 Aug 2019, 06:54 AM

The KV-2 has one thing that the IS-2 does not have - a static mode, which gives an excellent range, increased rate of fire. In static mode, through manual fire control, you can do huge damage, thanks to this KV-2 will remain popular.

Not sure if I'm correct but in the mod tools, indirect fire mode is still 10 to 12 seconds reload (reload bonus multiplier was change to 0.75 from 0.5 after the revamp).

So you can have as low as 7.5 or as high as 9 second reload time (direct fire is 9 seconds). But yeah, range increase to 70 same as isu but increases at vet 2.
17 Aug 2019, 07:41 AM

And then, you lose your mg42 due to rng and it comes back as a 6 men mg42, crewed by penals :foreveralone:
17 Aug 2019, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 18:02 PMgbem

and you fail to understand how the whole thing works... its small arms + aoe that guarantees wipes on maxims

and yet you again fail to understand the relevance of the deathloop.....

stop being biased and play the soviets for once... all comments youve made so far only prove how you barely even touched the soviet faction let alone

i have an idea... how about playing the soviets before commenting about soviet balance?

What hoshi is trying to say I think, is that if you have a maxim and an mg42 squad, and both take 320 damage, the maxim is better off. (because... the MG42 crew only has 320hp total...)

And if they both lose three models, deathloop or not, retreat or not, the mg42 will drop on the next crew death while the maxim won't.

This would be a different story if the maxim and MG42 crew models themselves had different durability but they dont.

I would like to add just as a side note and observation that soviets recrewing weapon teams with penals is absolutely hilarious as the mg crew members will now out-dps many units attempting to flank it. I often use my recrewed mgs as soviets very aggressively for the huge amount of additional dps the crew provides.
17 Aug 2019, 08:11 AM

partisant should more cheaper,or it still useless
17 Aug 2019, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 08:00 AMSerrith

What hoshi is trying to say I think, is that if you have a maxim and an mg42 squad, and both take 320 damage, the maxim is better off. (because... the MG42 crew only has 320hp total...)

And if they both lose three models, deathloop or not, retreat or not, the mg42 will drop on the next crew death while the maxim won't.

This would be a different story if the maxim and MG42 crew models themselves had different durability but they dont.

That is the only situation where a wipe on a teleporting mg is garanteed and the maxim has a slightly better chance to survive. Even with 3 models left on the maxim depending on if the models have full health or not its only slightly better.
17 Aug 2019, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 06:25 AMStark
Few things worth pointing out:

1. partisant AT hunters should have AT granade cooldown at start
2. partisant AT hunters should start with PTRS rifles and upgradable shrek (even for free) to prefend cheese attacks form abandoned/neutral buildings. It should compensate they reduced price.
3. sight bonus for AI partisant should apply when they static behind cover.
4. IS-2 stun does quite a decent damage - 120 for a stun shot. How exact is it penetration? It shouldn't penetrate medium tanks just like balance team did with a main-gun stun for stugs and pak40 (reduced damage few patches ago).
5. argument for cheaper fuel cost for T2 to access faction for a better back tech is a overshoot argument. T1 already has AT PTRS package for penals so they have AT options. In later stage of the game cost of 20 fuel isn't a big amount that should be changed. Backteching for AT guns should delay your next tank.O

Personally i think to make consript and maxim strategy more atractive penals should be nerf at there vet0 stage and move them into vet1, vet2 bonuses. People goes penals becouse they are really cost efficient and not becouse other builds are worthless.

Good points about the AT partisans
17 Aug 2019, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 06:25 AMStark

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no

the maxim is the most useless mg ingame period

it cant even stop a single volks from flaming and deathlooping it head-on... something every other MG.... even the 10mp cheaper MG34 can do...
17 Aug 2019, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 14:02 PMgbem

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH no

the maxim is the most useless mg ingame period

it cant even stop a single volks from flaming and deathlooping it head-on... something every other MG.... even the 10mp cheaper MG34 can do...

Thats why it has the fastest pack speed and can be used as normal infantry.
17 Aug 2019, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 14:21 PMJilet

Thats why it has the fastest pack speed and can be used as normal infantry.

only noobs spam maxims... and if you cant beat that then id guess we would already know what you would be...
17 Aug 2019, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 14:25 PMgbem

only noobs spam maxims... and if you cant beat that then id guess we would already know what you would be...

Not talking about the spam. It packs fast and rotates with ease. I definently do not imply it is OP etc. But still it has its uses.
17 Aug 2019, 15:47 PM

its still the worst machinegun ingame...
17 Aug 2019, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 15:47 PMgbem
its still the worst machinegun ingame...

Right but no other faction has access to T1 terminators.
17 Aug 2019, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2019, 15:51 PMJilet

Right but no other faction has access to T1 terminators.

Because other factions have useful units in their roster. Penals are LITERALLY the only combat unit Soviet have out of the 8 units they can build off at the start of the match. I mean literally literally. CE can't fight weapon crews, cons are shooting yourself in the face, the maxim is trash AND expensive... Then you have your support weapons and sniper and scout car, none of which are front line units nor intended to be. Penals are a result of shitty maxim and shitty conscripts. An unfortunately necessary result at the moment.

Also getting your first penal squad costs 460mp. They fucking well better be terminators considering the enemy will outnumber them from the very first squad...
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS