Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
9 Sep 2019, 00:33 AM

If we're going to stick with the idea that Conscripts are only for support, not combat, then why not improve their cost effectiveness instead of combat effectiveness? Let's try them at 220 Manpower a squad and see how they do. Ironic that Soviets struggle with manpower, but not OKW, the one faction that should be scraping the barrel for Manpower scraps, it's completely inverted.

In order to improve the effectiveness of Merge, we could also reduce their Target Size to 1, and add a Squad Received Accuracy Multiplier of the same amount. This ensures Conscripts are less of a liability when merging, but still more likely to be killed on their own.

I still don't like the idea that they are only for support, what are they even supporting? This concept has just led to Penal meta because Conscripts and Maxims are nonviable. I still stand by the idea that Conscripts should get a stock PPSh upgrade available to them.

Actually what led to Penal meta were 2 things that happened in the same patch:
1) Maxim nerf
2) Penal being buffed so much that they completely broken for six months.
9 Sep 2019, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2019, 00:33 AMVipper

Actually what led to Penal meta were 2 things that happened in the same patch:
1) Maxim nerf
2) Penal being buffed so much that they completely broken for six months.

+1

But in relation to Mr. Someguy's post Cons are still used in some high level builds as opposed to penals. For example Talisman won GCS2 using Con and support weapon builds as Soviets into IS-2 so depending on the type of player good micro can still make them relevant. However in general I agree the maxim is lacking until it gets vet.
9 Sep 2019, 01:57 AM

Hi. Why the ppsh penals can't upgrade to ptrs now? I don't think it breaks balance at all.
Its like we said, 'hey give me your svts and I will get you ppsh'. Technically this shouldn't prevent them from upgrading to ptrs like usual.
9 Sep 2019, 08:14 AM

The baby AT gun with its insane range should have its cloak ability removed while on the move, the same as the raketen.

9 Sep 2019, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2019, 08:14 AMwuff
The baby AT gun with its insane range should have its cloak ability removed while on the move, the same as the raketen.

It is a doctrinal AT gun.
9 Sep 2019, 13:08 PM

^
No more cheesy creeping cloak AT gun, and the current M-42 is fine without that cloaking cheese.
9 Sep 2019, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2019, 08:14 AMwuff

We can do that when it'll start cheesing mediums and retreating safely.
9 Sep 2019, 17:55 PM

No performances is low enough to justify keeping creeping death cheese. If it's not deemed good enough without it fix it.
9 Sep 2019, 18:12 PM

No performances is low enough to justify keeping creeping death cheese. If it's not deemed good enough without it fix it.

Agreed.
But what about scouting and tracking abilities? What if they could reveal creeping camo units? (They might already do it and im just being dumb)
9 Sep 2019, 23:22 PM

Agreed.
But what about scouting and tracking abilities? What if they could reveal creeping camo units? (They might already do it and im just being dumb)

Not sure what you mean.
Some recon abilities do reveal units but others don't it's strange. I wouldn't mind a normalization in that regard.
Camo wouldn't be such a big deal if there were more and reliable ways to dispel it.
10 Sep 2019, 01:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not sure what you mean.
Some recon abilities do reveal units but others don't it's strange. I wouldn't mind a normalization in that regard.
Camo wouldn't be such a big deal if there were more and reliable ways to dispel it.

Soviet casts mortar flare. The move has no effect.
OKW cast artillery flare. It's supper effective!
Soviet plants a trip wire flare. It's not very effective.
OKW chooses Overwatch doctrine. Early warning has no effect.
Long etc. including infantry flares and probably other abilities as well.
10 Sep 2019, 18:46 PM
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight