Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
23 Aug 2019, 01:31 AM

^

I like the cheaper T2, but BP2 cost reduction doesn't feel right to me. IMO, the change should aim at making T2 more tempting and not buff T2 skip strats with it.

I'd remove the BP2 cost reduction and lower the cost of T2 between 50 to 100 manpower.

Agreed. Keep the bulk of the tech cost in the battle phase, not the building so that back tcchjng can be effecient.

Also: the new gren hange is great, but combined with the now cheaper command panzer and the ability to self heal we might run into a bit of an issue with stupid crazy field presence... Although this is more of an issue with the very hard to utilize command aura than the vet bonus that hasc tui be earned
23 Aug 2019, 06:39 AM

Regarding damage reduction, I think Most of the time 4 men squads get wiped because an explosive hits 3-4 models taking away 80-100% of their hp instantly. It can be difficult to micromanage multiple squads to not clump while taking cover or rounding corners to avoid this.

Not that you could do this but making something like max 2 entities take damage like on the ostwind hit would be the most direct solution to the wipe issue. If the squad is spaced out and in the open with only 1-2 models taking hits, the damage reduction is just a huge buff more than an anti wipe mechanic since you will have enough time to retreat.

That said most infantry changes need to be tested heavily in real games to understand if its a good idea or not, will try to look at this next chance i get

Side note; What is Damage reductions interaction with 5 man grens?

It seems to defeat the purpose of "a 4 man squad should get damage reduction" if they have upgraded to 5 men.
23 Aug 2019, 09:41 AM

With the new patch version , is the gren damage reduction balanced with nades? I would to know if in green cover grens still take enough damage and if a nade to grens in yellow cover can wipe them.
23 Aug 2019, 09:49 AM

With the new patch version , is the gren damage reduction balanced with nades? I would to know if in green cover grens still take enough damage and if a nade to grens in yellow cover can wipe them.

Nothing that does 80 damage will threaten a wipe for full health vet3 grens.

Pretty much exclusively heavy arty, satchel charges and tanks will be able to OHK models.
23 Aug 2019, 10:43 AM

With the new patch version , is the gren damage reduction balanced with nades?

Well, the preview mod is out so people can go test exactly that.
23 Aug 2019, 11:24 AM

The high damage reduction will be unfair in close range, where cover is ignored and some weapons have >100% accuracy. Surplus accuracy will be wasted without the RA buffer. For example, here's the accuracy of vet 3 Penal SVT's at close range:

- vs old vet 3 Grens: 1,183*0,7 = 0,8281 = no accuracy wasted.
- vs new vet 3 Grens: 1,183*0,91 = 1,07653 = surplus 7,65%~ accuracy wasted.

Change the damage reduction to 10% and give some of the RA reduction back. That would mean no surplus accuracy for all small arms I know of, even with accuracy bulletins (Shocks, Penals, Pathfinder sniper).
23 Aug 2019, 11:41 AM

As Derby said. Was pretty hyped yesterday but now looking shocks etc. will be quite useless against them. Maybe better convert the 20% DR to 10% DR + 10-15% RA ?
23 Aug 2019, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 11:41 AMJilet
As Derby said. Was pretty hyped yesterday but now looking shocks etc. will be quite useless against them. Maybe better convert the 20% DR to 10% DR + 10-15% RA ?

10% DR and -11% RA at vet 3 would be the equivalent of 20% DR, considering 0,91*0,89 = 0,81 RA.
23 Aug 2019, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 11:41 AMJilet

If you think Shocks are 'quite useless' against Vet 3 0.8 Received Damage Grens, I recommend you fire up the CheatMod and test it.

They're anything but.

The high damage reduction will be unfair in close range, where cover is ignored and some weapons have >100% accuracy. Surplus accuracy will be wasted without the RA buffer. For example, here's the accuracy of vet 3 Penal SVT's at close range:

- vs old vet 3 Grens: 1,183*0,7 = 0,8281 = no accuracy wasted.
- vs new vet 3 Grens: 1,183*0,91 = 1,07653 = surplus 7,65%~ accuracy wasted.

Change the damage reduction to 10% and give some of the RA reduction back. That would mean no surplus accuracy for all small arms I know of, even with accuracy bulletins (Shocks, Penals, Pathfinder sniper).

I don't understand. Surely this 'surplus accuracy' would be wasted against Vet 2 Grens regardless?
23 Aug 2019, 13:06 PM

Sdf.kfz 250 Mortar Halftrack
- Incendiary Barrage now matches those fired by the LeIG. Fires 4 rounds over the target area.

Does this mean it won't be able to set ambient buildings on fire? Last time I checked incendiary ISG it doesn't set buildings on fire. 251 flame ht / mortar ht / luftwaffe flame bombs do that and it always helps a lot vs soviet urban HQs. Maybe I'm missing something?
23 Aug 2019, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 13:05 PMLago
I don't understand. Surely this 'surplus accuracy' would be wasted against Vet 2 Grens regardless?

This is about their current vet 3 performance compared to their new vet 3 performance. The damage reduction intends to make them more survivable against explosives, not to make them more durable against small arms at close range.

You could argue some small arms have surplus accuracy against vet 0-2 Grens, but that's besides the point.
23 Aug 2019, 13:20 PM

I literally never seen any complaints or threads made on spotting scopes yet there is a change, I'm disappointed In that as it just completely removed any offensive ability on it. Itll be virtually useless for stugs as there is always a little traversing going on.

23 Aug 2019, 13:22 PM

I literally never seen any complaints or threads made on spotting scopes

Is it your first day on CoH2 forum then?

There are complaints about them since vanila coh2.
23 Aug 2019, 13:24 PM

This is about their current vet 3 performance compared to their new vet 3 performance. The damage reduction is intended to make them more survivable against explosives, not small arms.

You could argue some small arms have surplus accuracy against vet 0-2 Grens, but that's besides the point.

Then yes, it makes them a little more survivable at close range against some weapons as they've got the effective health of a 5 man squad.

I don't think that's a big issue though. Vet 3 Penals and Vet 3 Rifles still stomp them into the dirt at close range.
23 Aug 2019, 13:26 PM

I literally never seen any complaints or threads made on spotting scopes yet there is a change, I'm disappointed In that as it just completely removed any offensive ability on it. Itll be virtually useless for stugs as there is always a little traversing going on.

The self-spotting Elefant is OP, a much cleaner solution would've been to just remove the scope option for the Elefant.

Now I feel it's needlessly nerfing aggressive use of Stugs and Panthers with scopes.
24 Aug 2019, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 13:22 PMKatitof

Is it your first day on CoH2 forum then?

There are complaints about them since vanila coh2.

Awww I missed you
24 Aug 2019, 05:41 AM

The self-spotting Elefant is OP, a much cleaner solution would've been to just remove the scope option for the Elefant.

Now I feel it's needlessly nerfing aggressive use of Stugs and Panthers with scopes.

+1

But at the same time, offense should rely on combined arms (as in having infantry or other vehicles spot for longer ranged tanks anyway right? That's why jackson got nerfed sight range, but I guess the SU-85 can self-spot too.
24 Aug 2019, 05:50 AM

People seriously crying about a gren buff? LOL
24 Aug 2019, 05:56 AM

grens and cons were kinda even before... this buff makes grens more durable vs both small arms and HE fire... id rather have the change reverted to what was suggested... 10% DR + 11% RA reduction as opposed to a flat 20% DR reduction
24 Aug 2019, 15:30 PM

Pioneers

A solid change, can we also add XP gain for construction that have a cost? (base building and bunkers)

GrW 34 Mortar

Solid change add some faster ROF also or AOE bonus also?

Sd.Kfz. 222

Main damage vs vehicles comes from 2cm so it seem a bit unnecessary...Can we add the 221 to Ostheer as a stock unit and the 222 as an upgrade?

Sd.Kfz. 251 Halftrack

Make the healing as a vet 1 an active vet 1 ability and increase healing speed.

Other:
Increase firing angle of flame projectors so that both can fire forward at the same time, remove DOT add an ability that creates the DOT and reduce CD of the ability for each vet level including vet 1 (replace heal).

If shu mine stay reduce plant time for each vet level.

Grenadier - Experimental Change

Need to test more

Wehrmacht Tech

Imo it the other faction that need their tech to slow down than Ostheer to speed up.
Suggestion: Delay the tech of other faction so that early units have bigger window of opportunity.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment