Login

russian armor

Is It Me or Is the Coment Tank Absoulutely AWFUL?

• This thread is locked
9 Aug 2019, 06:53 AM

Is It Me or Is the Coment Tank Absoulutely AWFUL?

It's like the game designers, while talking in the board room Said "Right, everyone! Before you make the best British tank for the game 'The Comet Tank', don't forget to make 'The Comet Tank' the worst tank in the entire game. Make it miss, every shot aiming at the ground and not the tanks. Aloso make sure it, CANNOT effect any Infantry. It must have the Tank crew handle their Tanks, as if they've been trained for 25 minutes......And not fighting as if they've been at war already with Germany for Four Years."

Reply "Are you sure, people are not going to like this. So make the tank costing, 130 fuel?"

Pause.......

Reply "No, you fool! It's 185 FUEL! You're fired"
9 Aug 2019, 06:56 AM

It would be good if its veterancy was something more then decorative stars.

Its main gun having cromwell performance with lower reload against infantry doesn't help either.

Just don't bother with comet until maybe it'll get changed in the future.
9 Aug 2019, 07:11 AM

It would be good if its veterancy was something more then decorative stars.

Its main gun having cromwell performance with lower reload against infantry doesn't help either.

Just don't bother with comet until maybe it'll get changed in the future.

Maybe COH2 will update it, just to make it worse. They're a bunch of high level circus clowns up at COH Department! They couldn't fix a blouse, never mind a historical action based game on actual equipment in World War Two.
9 Aug 2019, 07:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Comet used to be easily the most powerful advanced medium. It has since been nerfed a little too much. As Katitof said, it would go a long way if its veterancy was improved.

Though the truth is that the tank is in need of a slight buff, there is no need to insult the devs working at Relic. I will politely ask you to refrain from such behavior in the future.
9 Aug 2019, 07:41 AM

Its a allrounder. Has really good AI and AT compared with high hp and Armor, high mobilty, phospor...blobb them up and u overrun everthing with the speed of a gocart

Comet:
Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 6.9 Accel: 2.2 Rotate: 32 Armor: 290/110 Health: 800

Panther:
Target size: 24 Sight: 35 Speed: 6.6 Accel: 2.4 Rotate: 30 Armor: 260/90 Health: 960
9 Aug 2019, 07:59 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Maybe COH2 will update it, just to make it worse. They're a bunch of high level circus clowns up at COH Department! They couldn't fix a blouse, never mind a historical action based game on actual equipment in World War Two.

The fact that basically everything in the game is based on actual equipment makes things more difficult to balance. Look at a lot of the other most popular games in existence. A lot of the settings are entirely fictional. This means that when designing and balancing these games, literally anything is an option. Anything that they want to do, they can. With COH2 and with historical games, you're more or less bound by specific behaviors and suspension of disbelief as applied to reality.
9 Aug 2019, 13:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Lower armor, lower pen, improve scatter, improve veterancy.

That's what I'd do. Make it a cromwell+, a little better AI and a little less AT. Fireflys handle AT well enough.
9 Aug 2019, 13:05 PM

it just need a litlle scatter buff and reload at vet 1

btw more importantly i would check if it has an actual projectile, did u guys forget the FF issue ? it would explain its AI problem
9 Aug 2019, 14:17 PM

That's what I'd do. Make it a cromwell+, a little better AI and a little less AT. Fireflys handle AT well enough.

+1
9 Aug 2019, 14:23 PM

Let me point out that Comet and Churchill were specifically introduced to give a challenge to Panthers and superior german armor in general.
There is no need for better cromwell vs infantry, because that's called centaur and AI is something that brits don't lack in.
9 Aug 2019, 14:42 PM

Let me point out that Comet and Churchill were specifically introduced to give a challenge to Panthers and superior german armor in general.
There is no need for better cromwell vs infantry, because that's called centaur and AI is something that brits don't lack in.

Current Comet isn´t a challenge to late game Axis though. And no the comparison with Centaur makes no sense either because Centaur is slow and Comet very fast.
9 Aug 2019, 14:44 PM

buff comet's scatter plz

they always shoot the ground instead enemy infantry

6.4 -> 5.3 will be fine
9 Aug 2019, 14:58 PM

Replace the 35% turret rotation buff at Vet 2 with a 50% moving accuracy buff and crew grenades at Vet 3 with a pen buff.

Maybe reduce the MP cost of the Hammer upgrade.
9 Aug 2019, 15:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

You're not wrong, but I'd rather not go down the mini spammable tiger line which can engage both AI and panthers alike (again).
9 Aug 2019, 15:56 PM

It is the most reliable, versatile stock heavy-ish tank with both powerful AI and AT performance in game. Just build 2 and sweep the map off anything axis.
9 Aug 2019, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 15:56 PMhooosh
It is the most reliable, versatile stock heavy-ish tank with both powerful AI and AT performance in game. Just build 2 and sweep the map off anything axis.

It's not very good vs infantry, it's gonna lose to a panther in an AT fight. It has grenades and phosphorous to help vs infantry, but the main gun is poor and it does not get better in this regard with vet. As OP stated it is comparable to the cromwell in it's AI performance, which is not very good itself, just with some extra abilities.
9 Aug 2019, 16:42 PM

The Comet used to be easily the most powerful advanced medium. It has since been nerfed a little too much. As Katitof said, it would go a long way if its veterancy was improved.

Though the truth is that the tank is in need of a slight buff, there is no need to insult the devs working at Relic. I will politely ask you to refrain from such behavior in the future.

also comet is part of the hammer tac that dont really compare to the better anvil with repair kit and base arty upgrade not saying that gamon are bad but if you pick a commander with commando you already have gamon sooner and with less fuse time
9 Aug 2019, 16:49 PM

I think the opposite actually. Churchill and centaurs handle AI well enough so might as well leave the Comet specialized to AT

I would just buff its moving acc. and its rotation rate (can that be done without bringing back crush?) a little. Both of those things were nerfed in the big rework, but i think they were overdone
9 Aug 2019, 19:15 PM

The Comet was caught in one of the last balance patches were units were given 5x nerfs (or something like that), and was probably a little overnerfed. Before the nerf, it was too good. Getting three of them was close to an "I win" button as they were anti-everything and hard to kill, especially in a pack. I try them occasionally on maps that need mobility and wouldn't say they're awful but they aren't great for their price.
9 Aug 2019, 19:25 PM

You're not wrong, but I'd rather not go down the mini spammable tiger line which can engage both AI and panthers alike (again).

It can contest panthers to a point, but with recent panther changes, it is pretty much one sided contest, unless you sacrificed pro to rng gods.

My point is, there isn't need for lowering its pen at all, its hardly a TD level, mediums won't win against it anyway, panther will roflstomp it, but 2 of them should not be a laughing stock against single tiger.

It doesn't really need to trade anything for improved AI and vet as it most certainly doesn't live up anywhere near its current cost and something tells me reducing it to 160 or less wouldn't be a good idea either.

Look at EZ8 stats, because I have strong feeling that's what you want to do with it and its a dead end.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
United Kingdom 17
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak