Login

russian armor

HE shells for other tanks also

8 Aug 2019, 10:12 AM

I think it would be a good idea to have a choice between AP shells and HE shells for some tanks on other factions also.

Like AT dedicated tanks should have also the ability to have HE shells which provides good infantry support but at the cost of it taking 5 seconds, similar to what Shermans have.

Tanks such as STG, SU85, Jackson, Firefly etc.

Maybe even for other mediums also.

Or even possibly for all tanks since it would increase diversity and gameplay. Not only that but also to create a window of opportunity to take someones tank by surprise when the enemy is equipped with HE shells. Thus making it a more sophisticated gameplay.

Tough for Heavier tanks, it is safe to say that increasing their time to reload the HE shell by an extra 2 seconds would be interesting. Creates a bigger gap of opportunity of being vulnerable and gives in contrast more significant impact in AI engagements!

So, what do you guys think?
8 Aug 2019, 10:16 AM

I think its a well elaborated hardcore troll thread many people will fall for.
8 Aug 2019, 10:34 AM

Oh boy...
8 Aug 2019, 12:54 PM

I think it would be a good idea to have a choice between AP shells and HE shells for some tanks on other factions also.

Like AT dedicated tanks should have also the ability to have HE shells which provides good infantry support but at the cost of it taking 5 seconds, similar to what Shermans have.

Or even possibly for all tanks since it would increase diversity and gameplay. Not only that but also to create a window of opportunity to take someones tank by surprise when the enemy is equipped with HE shells. Thus making it a more sophisticated gameplay.

Tough for Heavier tanks, it is safe to say that increasing their time to reload the HE shell by an extra 2 seconds would be interesting. Creates a bigger gap of opportunity of being vulnerable and gives in contrast more significant impact in AI engagements!

Am totally for it. Also give AT shells to AI tanks such as the Scott, the AVRE Churchill,
the Sherman 75, the T34/76, so that they can now one-shot JgTigers frontally.

AT guns should have HE and AP rounds.
MG42 already has AP rounds, so why not.

Actually, this has already been done : Please look at the Spearhead mod.
It gives HE and AP+ rounds to all tanks. I think Wikinger also offers it as well.

Suggest people go try these mods out, find out if they like how it works out,
and then work towards making the Spearhead or Wikinger mods into the offical Vanilla.

It'd be a breath of fresh air for sure!

(thinking of Puma wiping three squads of vet 3 dual bren british Infantry Sections in 1 shot :))
8 Aug 2019, 13:22 PM

Also to bring more histrical accuracy - srapnel shots for ATG and srapnel mines for mortars (HE used only against fortifications). Infantry must dissapear in void.
Also we could make that flame weapon (flames, molotovs, offmap strikes) could destroy or crip engine of your vehicle. Historical accurate.
Make that mine from mortar if hit on tank with mg-gunner could kill entire crew. In su-76 you could throw grenade inside. Also, detonation of ammo for tanks - rare event that can kill all life around tank (all flame vehicle will be blow up by default, because flames)) )

So much ideas we can bring to game....)
8 Aug 2019, 13:53 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

idk. I don't like the idea of the su85 boasting the best pen ingame with vet (outside of heavy AT guns/TDs) and then also destroying infantry.
8 Aug 2019, 14:01 PM

idk. I don't like the idea of the su85 boasting the best pen ingame with vet (outside of heavy AT guns/TDs) and then also destroying infantry.

This. And imagine Jacksons running around with HE shells. It will completely make mediums disappear. Why would you use sherman if you can smash at 60 range with Jackson or why T-34 if you can smash with SU-85 etc.
8 Aug 2019, 14:18 PM

Has Balanced Gamer suggested made a single balanced suggestion yet XD

Obviously this would be a terrible idea and would ruin the semblance of balance we currently have.
8 Aug 2019, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 14:01 PMJilet

This. And imagine Jacksons running around with HE shells. It will completely make mediums disappear. Why would you use sherman if you can smash at 60 range with Jackson or why T-34 if you can smash with SU-85 etc.

I do not think it should be that way.

The way I was thinking is that the tanks like the mediums whose shells do already offer some AI capabilities will furthermore get enhanced capabilities when equipped with HE shells. Mediums should still remain more viable choice than heavier and tank destroyers when engaging infantry. Mediums HE shells should be a better version in contrast.

Tanks which offer up to none of AI capabilities with their shells like Tank destroyers and stronger mediums (like Panther and Comet) should have something. The idea for destroyers and stronger mediums are that the ones that offer hardly any AI capabilities have an HE shell option but it is weaker version.

An Example (just to grasp what I mean and these are not real stats)

Say, PzIV offers currently 1 AOE but when equipped with HE, it should be 2 - 2.5 instead

Jackson currently offers 0 AOE but when equipped with HE, it should be something like 1 - 1.5

The strength of the HE shell for destroyers and stronger medium tanks are somewhere around close to the strength of a PanzerIV shell strength but slightly stronger.

HE shells for mediums or those which already offer some AI capabilities with their default shells should have in contrast a far more significant AI boost/bonus. Thus making mediums still better in terms of AI.
8 Aug 2019, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2019, 14:18 PMGrim
Has Balanced Gamer suggested made a single balanced suggestion yet XD

Obviously this would be a terrible idea and would ruin the semblance of balance we currently have.

It is not like every tank destroyer gives a significant boost on the battlefield. They only can handle tanks. Infantry is most often useless.

Most of the time you encounter infantry on the battlefield. It is safe to say that to offer them a shell that provides some AI capabilities should not be a problem. Should be more supportive in that way.

Firefly, Jackson, SU 85 and Jagdpanzer are not that great. They are only AT, and how often can you encounter vehicles.

No wonder the Axis hardly use their tank destroyer as it provides no real support.

Allies do kind of suffer in terms of AT thus making them focus heavily on that instead of AI, thus creating a vulnerability gap.
________

Outside topic but if tanks get their HE shells. It would be great if all Anti Tank support weapons get a stronger penetration shell version but at the cost of a slower reload. Than that would be even more balanced of a game.

There would be no stupid discussion on nerfing heavies when they should remain heavies.
8 Aug 2019, 14:57 PM

I'm not sure if you're being sincere or making a clever troll thread. In the last patch, they did try a HE bombardment for the M10. It was liked so little that it was removed. At most, some of the TD's could get a pintle like the Stug has, but I don't think even that is necessary.
8 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

u should go to play man of war not coh2
8 Aug 2019, 23:35 PM

Yeah let's give jackson HE rounds what could go wrong lmao
9 Aug 2019, 03:29 AM

The strength of the HE shell for destroyers and stronger medium tanks are somewhere around close to the strength of a PanzerIV shell strength but slightly stronger

Even if you made the aoe of HE shell on medium tanks much better, the TDs would still be stronger. 60 range HE shells would be crazy
9 Aug 2019, 06:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guys, i heard you like ISU152s. So we gave everyone the chance to nuke things from far away!

I mean, everyone loved the canister munition on the soviet AT gun. What could go wrong.
12 Aug 2019, 23:35 PM

Guys, i heard you like ISU152s. So we gave everyone the chance to nuke things from far away!

I mean, everyone loved the canister munition on the soviet AT gun. What could go wrong.

But the huge downside of that vehicle is the time to switch between shells 10-15 seconds.

What could go wrong?

"My answer" - Everything!

"Edit" - Cuz of the Window of opportunity to take the ISU152 by surprise, thus leaving it utterly vulnerable. More reason to add this feature since it has 2 sides of the same coin.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak