Login

russian armor

Feedback on UI changes of the game

31 Jul 2019, 14:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think the HE/AP (/HVAP) shells for the Shermans could use an infantry and tank symbol to make it easier to distinguish the ammo type at a glance.

Or at least put a penetration symbol on the AP/HVAP shells like this (top one):

The patch UI changes were great.

Thank you, the logic of choosing these icons was to no spread inconsistency beyween "shells" abilities.
AP icon was taken from AP for M4A3
HVAP was taken from HVAP for M1 AT Gun.

I usually trying to use these assets:
HE

HEAT

AP

HVAP

WP

Piercing shots (Jagdtiger, ISU-152, 17-pounder and M26 abilities)

Canister

I hope in future Relic agreed to adjust all artillery and shells abilities in the game. I am ready to assist. It requires mainly assets from gamefiles.

The only change i would like to see, is to add some symbol to mark ability as switching ability (really confusing for ISU-152 and M4A3 when it has WP shells.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 12:46 PMStark

you can't use the weapon icon bellow the shield symbol becouse the breakthrough symbol doesn't lock sweepers or flamer. So best idea would be changing the shieldsymbol and leave the weaponsymbol to other upgrades.

Agreed, see previous posts with possible shieldsymbol :)

9 Aug 2019, 10:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

After couple of weeks, i've noticed, that conscripts repair kit not match with other soviet abilities. Especially when you have rapid conscription and repair kit together.
->

Same goes to DShK, now it should match with Maxim icon
->

Also, i've decided to add OKW cross to Command Tiger, likw command Panther
->

At the same time, cross on tiger ace was moved to new location, so it match with OKW variant
->

10 Aug 2019, 03:40 AM

Very good changes there. I don't think I replied before, but I agree that the Repair Kit and DShK icons are much too saturated.

Nice changes for the Tigers, too.

I was thinking, though- a lot of other commander abilities that affect a certain squad have the squad's icon in the upper right corner (like Defensive Operations). So, here's an idea for the Conscript Repair Kit-

This is a rough mockup. It uses an alternate version of the repair icon (like Defensive Operations). The wrench's head behind the Conscript icon looked bad.
10 Aug 2019, 18:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Very good changes there. I don't think I replied before, but I agree that the Repair Kit and DShK icons are much too saturated.

Nice changes for the Tigers, too.

I was thinking, though- a lot of other commander abilities that affect a certain squad have the squad's icon in the upper right corner (like Defensive Operations). So, here's an idea for the Conscript Repair Kit-

This is a rough mockup. It uses an alternate version of the repair icon (like Defensive Operations). The wrench's head behind the Conscript icon looked bad.

Two years ago i published several concepts in QoL thread, and one of them was very close to your idea. iirc there was a concept, based on royal sappers upgrade (with Vicker K) too. In the end, i decided to stick with current variant. it is clear enough and say everything you need to know about ability.
In the end, defensive operations has symbol like this due to limits of repair ability (infantry section can't repair vehicles)
10 Aug 2019, 20:37 PM

You need a wrench for repairs though.
15 Sep 2019, 09:19 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

First of all, i would like to request change of the threadname on "Feedback on UI changes of the game".

List of changes from the September patch. I passed other discussed in this thread ideas to the community balance team, so maybe one day they will be in the game too. For now, one of them made it to the patch (DShK call-in icon fix).

Special for patch

UI Fixes with gamefiles

Important changes

Additional changes

15 Sep 2019, 09:41 AM

I already asked about this somehow. But can we finally change the PPSh-41 icon, it’s very bad.
15 Sep 2019, 12:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I already asked about this somehow. But can we finally change the PPSh-41 icon, it’s very bad.

It can! Kasarov made a very good weaponsymbol for it. It depends on community balance team and Relic.

15 Sep 2019, 12:48 PM

It can! Kasarov made a very good weaponsymbol for it. It depends on community balance team and Relic.

It looks very good, I would like to see this icon in the game.
16 Sep 2019, 23:15 PM

Suggestions:

Soviet Defensive tactics commander:
Rename "Tank traps" to "Antitank defenses", since it includes both mines and tank traps now.

KV-1 rename "hulldown" ability to "Russischer Koloss" (Russian Colossus) since it has a different mechanism than the ostheer ability.
17 Sep 2019, 09:04 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 23:15 PMVipper
Suggestions:

Soviet Defensive tactics commander:
Rename "Tank traps" to "Antitank defenses", since it includes both mines and tank traps now.

KV-1 rename "hulldown" ability to "Russischer Koloss" (Russian Colossus) since it has a different mechanism than the ostheer ability.

First one - imo „improved fortifications“ sounds better, because PMD-6 is antipersonal mine.
Second one - are you sure, that name auf Deutsch besser, als... in German for Soviet tank is a good idea? And bonuses are close to each other iirc (need to be doublechecked)
17 Sep 2019, 09:12 AM

First one - imo „improved fortifications“ sounds better, because PMD-6 is antipersonal mine.
Second one - are you sure, that name auf Deutsch besser, als... in German for Soviet tank is a good idea? And bonuses are close to each other iirc (need to be doublechecked)

Maybe field defenses?

Name for vet 1 ability could be in English. (think the nickname was given by Germans) Could also be named dig in since there is similar self ability available to the 250.

The hull down needs infatry to be applied and provides:
The vehicle becomes immobile, but receives -25% damage and gains +25% range.

Soviet version:
Selfapplied
Hulldown grants -15% reload time, and -20% received damage
23 Mar 2020, 08:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So, since the new patch is coming, i would like to present the assets, which were sent to the balance team for the next patch. Most of them you have seen before in the discussions or feedback threads. These assets were created by SneakEye, Kasarov, and me.
NOTE: Not all of them may be added
When patch will be released, i will post adjusted list in the first post here.

Special for patch

Fixes of previous changes

Important changes

Proposed portraits

This section include portraits for units, who doesn't have it's own and using portrait from the other factions
23 Mar 2020, 09:28 AM

MMX
23 Mar 2020, 12:03 PM

[...]
Grenadiers shieldsymbol (by Osinyagov)
Location of symbols for grenadiers/panzergrenadiers/assault grenadiers/volksgrenadiers and VSL grenadiers not match with each other.
->
[...]

wow... i've never even noticed this, haha. gotta say your attention to detail truly is unrivaled, and i mean that in the most positive sense. great work and thanks to you guys for steadily improving the visual experience of the game.
25 Mar 2020, 11:24 AM

I must say that these Icons look fantastic. Excellent work.
25 Mar 2020, 16:29 PM

If you need a different name for the different Hull Down, you could call it Dig In.
25 Mar 2020, 20:43 PM

Very good work
10 Apr 2020, 10:02 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In today's patch were added UI assets from "Special for patch" section, which i posted recently. Exception was made for:
1. Assault infantry section call-in icon
2. Tank Hunter Section call-in icon
3. UI indicator for passive Ostheer T4 bonus.
4. Some gamefiles fixes for HQ glider, british officer and Thompson upgrade for Assault Section.

This patch was kind of a challenge for balance team, so maybe more will be added with hotfixes.

Waiting for new spotted issues or suggestions for future patches :)
11 Apr 2020, 07:19 AM

I really don't like how the assault and tank hunter sections have 'smg' and 'at' written in their symbol. Not only this is problematic with localization, but also no other squads are doing it in vanila. Instead they usually have a symbol of the weapon they use (think of assault grenadiers using mp40 or cavalry riflemen using swords :P). The old icons were much better imo (at nade and double V) and more readable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★