Login

russian armor

How come Axis infantry get all the snares?

21 Jul 2019, 14:37 PM

In fairness, Relic needs to standardize Target weak point, or give different names to different versions
21 Jul 2019, 15:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In fairness, Relic needs to standardize Target weak point, or give different names to different versions

I recently started a thread about this. Unfortunately, nobody of the balance team responded.
Not that they would be obliged to do so, but still unfortunate.
22 Jul 2019, 06:26 AM

replace satchels with normal fausts. noone has problems with fausts. but a satchels has MUCH more impact for only some more muni.

satchels even can not only do 400 dmg on one verhicle...in some situation it even make seroius dmg to other verhicles(even engine dmg) and sqauds.

its in many fights pretty easy to give the enemy 2 satchels which means in most sitauations a dead medium/ heavy tank.

to easy.

and even when u think(hello katiodoof): "but you must come in rang 10 to set them up. so you must really bad at this game when you let penals comes in this range" True. But it means: the following: their very presence means you can not push into the enemys line, without getting a 400dmg satchel. this is a huge advantage.

Oh...and there are MANY maps where you can easily use the view blocker to abuse satchels. Or get a commander with "FOR MOTHER RUSSAI" and easily overrun the enemy line, SMOKE and attack, let sit penals in M3 and drive into enemy lines. so many easy options ...

but....
22 Jul 2019, 07:21 AM

replace satchels with normal fausts. noone has problems with fausts. but a satchels has MUCH more impact for only some more muni.

satchels even can not only do 400 dmg on one verhicle...in some situation it even make seroius dmg to other verhicles(even engine dmg) and sqauds.

its in many fights pretty easy to give the enemy 2 satchels which means in most sitauations a dead medium/ heavy tank.

to easy.

and even when u think(hello katiodoof): "but you must come in rang 10 to set them up. so you must really bad at this game when you let penals comes in this range" True. But it means: the following: their very presence means you can not push into the enemys line, without getting a 400dmg satchel. this is a huge advantage.

Oh...and there are MANY maps where you can easily use the view blocker to abuse satchels. Or get a commander with "FOR MOTHER RUSSAI" and easily overrun the enemy line, SMOKE and attack, let sit penals in M3 and drive into enemy lines. so many easy options ...

but....

And to be honest, you could imagine even more satchel scenarios. That's why it should have some counterpart in axis rooster.
22 Jul 2019, 07:24 AM

And to be honest, you could imagine even more satchel scenarios. That's why it should have some counterpart in axis rooster.

Why?
Do axis PTRS infantry have problems getting pushed by mediums and not doing any damage?
22 Jul 2019, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2019, 07:24 AMKatitof

Why?
Do axis PTRS infantry have problems getting pushed by mediums and not doing any damage?

Yes, especially pamzergrens can be abused this way.
22 Jul 2019, 07:33 AM

Nice to know 'corners exist therefore we must remove satchels' is apparently the new vogue.

Don't, you know, screen your tanks or accept getting punished for blind advances. Nah. Just remove close range high damage abilites from the game. Krupp Stehl!

Honourable mention to 'satchels mean I can't just drive my tanks over the enemy infantry and that's not fair'.
22 Jul 2019, 15:28 PM

Nice to know 'corners exist therefore we must remove satchels' is apparently the new vogue.

Don't, you know, screen your tanks or accept getting punished for blind advances. Nah. Just remove close range high damage abilites from the game. Krupp Stehl!

Honourable mention to 'satchels mean I can't just drive my tanks over the enemy infantry and that's not fair'.

U don't have to remove them. I would be against it. Just why, for example, a faction with IS2, t70, ISU 152, su85, KV series tanks, etc. has them and axis factions don't. Ostheer tanks are no longer so much heavier than allies tanks. I don't understand why allied infantry can punish overextended tanks in many more ways.
22 Jul 2019, 15:46 PM

U don't have to remove them. I would be against it. Just why, for example, a faction with IS2, t70, ISU 152, su85, KV series tanks, etc. has them and axis factions don't. Ostheer tanks are no longer so much heavier than allies tanks. I don't understand why allied infantry can punish overextended tanks in many more ways.

Why don't soviets or Brits have teller mines?
Why do no allied TDs have Targrt Weak Point?
Why don't allied infantry get access to any handheld AT that does as much damage as panzershrecks?
Why don't allies have a retreatable AT gun?
Why dom't allies have any super heavy tank destroyers?

The answer to your question, and all of the above, is asymmetry.
22 Jul 2019, 16:11 PM

Why don't soviets or Brits have teller mines?
Why do no allied TDs have Targrt Weak Point?
Why don't allied infantry get access to any handheld AT that does as much damage as panzershrecks?
Why don't allies have a retreatable AT gun?
Why dom't allies have any super heavy tank destroyers?

The answer to your question, and all of the above, is asymmetry.

Assymetry is good. But snares on already decent at squads are just a bit too much imo. Especially against ostheer. OKW is simply more powerful. But slow repair speeds of ost plus only one infantry unit that has some decent at (panzergrens 340manpower + 100muni) can be just crushed by a vehicle. This unit also loses its anty inf potential almost completely.

Anither thing is cmplete lack of any logics regarding some allies arguments. It was repeated very often that satchels have such a small range that are just impossible to use. Yet, when,in my opinion, underpowered ost should get them to offset the heavier and heavier allied tanks and limit cheesy strats of strafecircling expensive units there is suddenly a big no.
23 Jul 2019, 04:14 AM

Satchel for Sov = Teller mine for Ostheer.
They both denies enemy vehicle rush to other lines without proper support.
23 Jul 2019, 06:56 AM

When Satchels are not useable..because only noobs will get a satchels at their tanks..why not give them axis factions too? They have no relevanz and are useless...so axis can have it...right?
23 Jul 2019, 07:14 AM

When Satchels are not useable..because only noobs will get a satchels at their tanks..why not give them axis factions too? They have no relevanz and are useless...so axis can have it...right?

Sure you can have them, but they come in package with PTRS and have a price of giving up 2 shrecks.
23 Jul 2019, 07:42 AM

Wow, it's amazing how Pfaust isn't good enough to fight/snare lights and at the same time satchel is too difficult to evade XD
23 Jul 2019, 08:52 AM

That was exactly the sort of argumentation some allied players kept using. Just no comment.
23 Jul 2019, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2019, 07:14 AMKatitof

Sure you can have them, but they come in package with PTRS and have a price of giving up 2 shrecks.

Ok - so make them also bigger than 4 man squads, add decent anty inf capabilities even when ugraded with ptrs and also reduce armour on allied lights to the level of 222. Of course price of the ptrs sqhould stay the same. Just wrong way of thinking.

Satchels are most useful for finishing off wounded tanks and make it completely impossible to push and circlestrafe AT infantry with a vehicle, plus punish hard all overextending vehicles. An You know all that but just pretend you are not aware. Incredible bias.
23 Jul 2019, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2019, 07:42 AMMusti
Wow, it's amazing how Pfaust isn't good enough to fight/snare lights and at the same time satchel is too difficult to evade XD

You also have infantry with light snares as allies (at grenades). You just got more powerful snares (satchels) on already potent AT and spammable units a few patches ago, and on cavalry riflemen last patch. You also got elite bazookas. USF also got the possibility of adding more hp to shermans. While at the same time ost needs to rely on superb pak play or much better control of units with gens always backing up panzergrens for the snare. It's simply so much easier and less micro intensive for the allies. Once again, cheesy strats of circlestrafing AT panzergrens should not be allowed by giving them some snare, best satchel just like for penals.
23 Jul 2019, 09:14 AM

Satchel for Sov = Teller mine for Ostheer.
They both denies enemy vehicle rush to other lines without proper support.

Not true - you have to be just totally reckless to hit a teller. Just stop putting all munitions into flamers/lmgs/svts/thompsons and so on, and build a bloody sweeper. You will detect the teller/s and your opponent just lost 50 munitions. The fact that a lot of ostheer play revolves about this mine just shows how this faction is helpless against light vehicle rush.
23 Jul 2019, 09:54 AM
23 Jul 2019, 12:07 PM

You also have infantry with light snares as allies (at grenades). You just got more powerful snares (satchels) on already potent AT and spammable units a few patches ago, and on cavalry riflemen last patch. You also got elite bazookas. USF also got the possibility of adding more hp to shermans. While at the same time ost needs to rely on superb pak play or much better control of units with gens always backing up panzergrens for the snare. It's simply so much easier and less micro intensive for the allies. Once again, cheesy strats of circlestrafing AT panzergrens should not be allowed by giving them some snare, best satchel just like for penals.

What an sence off entitlement. You think penals are spammable? Circle strafing is cheese now? Pgrens should be unmatched in their at role because of the price?

Ost already got survivabilty via commanders a while back. Now prgens and ostwind recieved big buffs. Making it al lot easier to with lights.
Ost has the suberp at mine. Ost have very strong handheld AT kept in check by low hp and on 1 unit type. Ost has stun/snare for their at gun. Axis tanks have or get more armour and hp with vet non doc then allies can. And you complain about the sherman?

Just place more then one teller mine in a game. Its 2 clicks. Nothing micro intesive about that. With at satchal you either need to snare it before hand or setup an ambush. wich is more/as micro intensive because you always need other units to achieve this.

The grass isent always greener on the other side.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★