Login

russian armor

Why all the hate for riflemen?

9 Jul 2019, 23:36 PM

Remove volks sandbags and change their weapon upgrade and you will never ever see the riflemen UP sentence again

I think UKF deserve to lose it to. Maybe even rifles too with the doctrinal ability. Mines and FPs are still nice enough to be one cmdr ability imo
9 Jul 2019, 23:54 PM

I think UKF deserve to lose it to. Maybe even rifles too with the doctrinal ability. Mines and FPs are still nice enough to be one cmdr ability imo

Or flip the tables and give all mainline infantry the ability to build sandbags and all engineers the ability to build sandbags, tank traps and barbed wire.

I think that rewarding players forethought and time spent by building sandbags to defend their positions is a good thing, but it should be consistent across all factions. Riflemen and Grenadiers shouldn’t be stuck out in the open trying to defend a point when Volksgrenadiers, Conscripts and Tommies can all build little walls of dirt to hide behind if you give them enough time to do it.

So Riflemen and Grenadiers are just lazy and don’t want to or something? Meanwhile the hardworking Volks, Tommies and Cons are merrily digging away.....
10 Jul 2019, 00:06 AM

can the game simply deny a player trying to build sbags in capture points?
THAT will level the field, because not all mainline infantries are as good when stationary vs moving as others. Sbags will always benefit defensive oriented units.
Volks and riflemen are offensive infantry and thats why IMO volks should loose sbags, give them to spios if you really want to have them.
ddd
10 Jul 2019, 16:02 PM

Remove sandbags from riflemen and limit BAR to one per squad.
10 Jul 2019, 16:49 PM

The biggest factor imo is that, until Veterancy 2, Riflemen will be the least durable non-soviet mainline infantry. Volks gain a 10% RA bonus at Veterancy 1, while Riflemen get their snare. Combine this with a reinforce cost of 28.

After Vet 2, Riflemen start being good, but by then you have to tech them up anyway. And God help you if you lose your vetted Riflemen since USF doesnt get any elite infantry besides Rangers.
10 Jul 2019, 19:19 PM

USF is the only faction without a non-doctrinal sandbag. I think RE should be able to construct sandbags.
10 Jul 2019, 19:50 PM

since USF doesnt get any elite infantry besides Rangers.

Paratroopers?
10 Jul 2019, 20:14 PM

Paratroopers?

Aren't elite infantry in my book since they take 100% recieved accuracy until vet 3 and thusly have little field presence (mitigated somewhat by beacons) and tons of bleed.
10 Jul 2019, 20:20 PM

Aren't elite infantry in my book since they take 100% recieved accuracy until vet 3 and thusly have little field presence (mitigated somewhat by beacons) and tons of bleed.

What about guard rifles? They have .97% RA until Vet 3. Does 3% make a 6 man unit elite infantry?
10 Jul 2019, 20:30 PM

What about guard rifles? They have .97% RA until Vet 3. Does 3% make a 6 man unit elite infantry?

1. I specified non-soviet in my original post.
2. Guards get a RA bonus at Vet 2.
3. I really wouldn't consider them elite infantry either, no, but then I've never played Soviets in MP.

Versus Ostheer I suppose DPS and large squad size also do make up for high RA, challenging my working definition. I wouldn't say so for OKW matchups though.

This is getting off topic though. Does my original post about Riflemen hold true or not?
10 Jul 2019, 21:08 PM

I think OP is just twisting the elite infantry definition here bois
10 Jul 2019, 21:44 PM

Honestly i think swapping the early strums for a kubel wagon or volks squad instead qould resolve a lot of issues instead messing with stat values.
10 Jul 2019, 21:49 PM

Rifleman are op as fuck. They should get nerfed. Destroying your squads in close combat.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of soviet players that just spam penals.
I mean they are as good as rifleman.
They should both get a nerf on damage and accuracy.
11 Jul 2019, 07:09 AM

Rifleman are op as fuck. They should get nerfed. Destroying your squads in close combat.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of soviet players that just spam penals.
I mean they are as good as rifleman.
They should both get a nerf on damage and accuracy.

Look, if you make such statements you actually can share some of your replays with us.
11 Jul 2019, 08:43 AM

I'll say what I've been saying for years...

Riflemen are good. As others have said, the problem is that they go up against Volks, which can do literally everything.

Sandbags for defense? Check.
Flame nade for offense and garrison use nullification? Check
Snare for fighting vehicles? Check.
All-ranges on-the-field upgrade? Check.
Cheaper and faster to build and reinforce? Check

In the hands of any competent player, this is just boring to play as or against. Change literally only one of these things and you'd have a more fun matchup... hell, even moving sandbags to SturmPios, or locking StGs behind T3, would be enough.
11 Jul 2019, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2019, 08:43 AMEuan

Riflemen are good. As others have said, the problem is that they go up against Volks, which can do literally everything.

In the hands of any competent player, this is just boring to play as or against. Change literally only one of these things and you'd have a more fun matchup... hell, even moving sandbags to SturmPios, or locking StGs behind T3, would be enough.

I was thinking of explaining why this is bullshit but then I checked your playercard and decided it would be a waste of time.
11 Jul 2019, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2019, 08:43 AMEuan

Sandbag behind vet1 would be a good start

I was thinking of explaining why this is bullshit but then I checked your playercard and decided it would be a waste of time.

What does it have less than yours?
11 Jul 2019, 11:33 AM

Riflemen and Grens are the two mainline infantry squads that repeatedly get called lackluster.

They're also the two squads that can't build their own cover.
11 Jul 2019, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2019, 09:56 AMEsxile

What does it have less than yours?

I dont exclusively play Allies.
11 Jul 2019, 13:59 PM

I dont exclusively play Allies.

Then I guess you might wanna practice your reading comprehension. I have over 350 games 1v1 as Axis and more on 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 585

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment